Best Beach In July

RNA

OK,

So I have been researching my trip all year. Landing in the Kingdom on the 7th of July, and leaving on the 23rd. Which beaches are best this time of year. Looking for good sand, clear warm water, swimmable (no dangerous rip currents), good weather. I will be on honeymoon, and am down for either secluded or active beach - does not matter.

I am looking at Samui for the moment, as everything I have read about Phuket side in July says the beaches are unswimmable due to riptide. Probably spend a few days secluded up on Phangan. Want to go to Phi-phi, but do not want to just sit in my bungalow for days in the rain, and take chances of getting stuck on the island due to high seas.

Amazingly I can find tons of info for every month except July with regards to beaches.

Any suggestions?

Thanks all.

Upmarket or downmarket? Price range. I have found Koh Samet good in the rainy season. Near BKK. Nice beaches if you don't need absolute luxury. If bungalows are OK then Samed Villa. Swiss run, small bungalows, on the beach. Western bathroom. No A/C. Other resorts there are more pricey. Had Sai Keao has sea urchuins, wear plastic shoes. Beach is as good as any in Samui. Night life? zero. lights go out at 10 pm.

^^^^

Cool, will check in to those. This will be a honeymoon, so we were intending on spending some time in upmarket places, and some time in mid-market places. We are going to save the super down-market bungalows for our return trip.

I am finding that everyone has different views of "pricey". We are looking to stay in the $30-$70USD/night range, and would like some basic amenities for that (hot water, indoor toilet (either western or thai style), A/C, clean, etc..

I note that Samui has a lot in that range that seem to be somewhat less than "nice", however on the other islands, you seem to get more bang for your buck.

As in the earlier post, I just want to get the best beach value for my buck - white sand, clear water. I am coming from Oregon - USA, so I am used to cold, rainy coast with large surf and cold water. Need white sand and turquoise waters to soothe the soul!!

Thanks for the info!!!

If you want Samui, go to Lanta Resort in Lamai. I will send ## if you want. I went there 6 mo ago and my colleague went last weekend, On the beach, not 100% crystal clear but very good, Have a swimming pool on the beach and you can have bungalow suite for 2500B next to pool. Definitely honeymoon quality. They have no website yet. Very good. walkable to attractions. We would not give this one out, but.... honeymoon...

Samui is the best bet for what you want. Lamai woul dbe ok as mentioned earlier as the beach is good. Chaweng beach is really beautiful as well....BUT....over run with hotels and the like built right to the beach line. So when you go along the road there is no beach to be seen....only shops, resturants and the back of hotels........!!

Koh Phangan would be good also and more quiet than Samui. Hire a suszuki jeep or motorbike and look around.

Upmarket or downmarket? Price range. I have found Koh Samet good in the rainy season. Near BKK. Nice beaches if you don't need absolute luxury. If bungalows are OK then Samed Villa. Swiss run, small bungalows, on the beach. Western bathroom. No A/C. Other resorts there are more pricey. Had Sai Keao has sea urchuins, wear plastic shoes. Beach is as good as any in Samui. Night life? zero. lights go out at 10 pm.

Samet is totally overpriced in my opinion, went their with a mate.. I stayed in the Le Vinarm @ 6k a night for total luxury, never had much of a choice coz I needed a phone line from the room and I think this is one of the only 2 places where u can get this in Samet, all be it @ 20b a min for local net access..

Meh mate stayed in a place where the main area is, it was a flea ridden sh1t hole for 2.5k a night with no breakfast or pool, the whole place stunk of <deleted>.. Complete rip off..

If your planning on going, make sure you book accomodation in advance or they will take the p1ss when u get there..

If you come to Phangan your best bet would be either a place with a pool in Ban Tai (very low tides during the day so no swimming in the ocean), or Thong Nai Pan, bad road but good beach, good swimming, and a couple of nice places. PM me if you are interested.