Recommendations for marriage visa consultant/legal company?

Hi all, 

I posted a topic here last week concerning the documents needed for a marriage visa. I appreciate all the responses I got; that said, all the documentation/requirments seems a bit mind boggling to me. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for a legal company or consultant that can help guide me through the process? 

Preferably something that won't break the bank. 

You'd need to specify for which office/area.  Some immigration offices are honest, and won't make it a hellish experience - others do.  Someone who uses your office could advise.  And if you need an agent due to a bad-office, the recommendation would be location-specific.

• Like 2

I’d be interested in hearing similar “consultant” recommendations - except, in my case, I need to do a one-year extension (OA retirement) in Bangkok.

I’m one of the lucky contestants who got caught flat-footed with no (U.S.) embassy letter and no Thai bank account. Current extension expires in just under one month.

I have a Thailand Elite Visa application pending, but I’m quickly losing confidence in TE insofar as the estimated wait time for immigration approval keeps changing without notice.

So I need a “plan B” (and maybe a “plan C.”)

Try TSL, Siam legal or Bangkok Buddy all in Bangkok. Just google for visa agencies in the area you will be living. Easy to find an agent. First time can be overwhelming so if you can afford it, just get it done first time the easy way with an agent then can learn the ropes in 15 mths. You can get a 90 day O-visa and 12 mth extension to start with. Will cost you about 25k to 30k thb.

Edited by BertM

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I’d be interested in hearing similar “consultant” recommendations - except, in my case, I need to do a one-year extension (OA retirement) in Bangkok.

I’m one of the lucky contestants who got caught flat-footed with no (U.S.) embassy letter and no Thai bank account. Current extension expires in just under one month.

I have a Thailand Elite Visa application pending, but I’m quickly losing confidence in TE insofar as the estimated wait time for immigration approval keeps changing without notice.

So I need a “plan B” (and maybe a “plan C.”)

O-A visa you can only apply for in your home country.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a one year extension of your current entry from the OA visa during the last 30 days of it.

You have to meet the financial requirements to do the application. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_22

I already indicated in my previous post that I have no Thai bank account (all my funds are in US banks.) That’s why I’m here inquiring about “consultants.”

4 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

I already indicated in my previous post that I have no Thai bank account (all my funds are in US banks.) That’s why I’m here inquiring about “consultants.”

You will need to open a Thai bank account. Either for the 800k baht to be in or for proof of income since you cannot get a income affidavit now.

18 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

I take it you have an O-A visa issued in the USA ( it's an important point ) if you got your visa 'O' here or in a neighbouring country then different rules apply.

Check the expiry date on your O-A. If you do an out/in of Thailand before the expiry date you get one more year.

If a non 0 visa an out/in you will get 90 days.

Need to know clearly on O-A or O.

This is an O visa.

images (43).jpeg

Edited by overherebc

41 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I take it you have an O-A visa issued in the USA ( it's an important point ) if you got your visa 'O' here or in a neighbouring country then different rules apply.

Check the expiry date on your O-A. If you do an out/in of Thailand before the expiry date you get one more year.

If a non 0 visa an out/in you will get 90 days.

Need to know clearly on O-A or O.

This is an O visa.

images (43).jpeg

I have an OA (retirement) issued in BKK at CW. I switched from marriage extensions to retirement extensions a few years ago. 

I just need to do a new extension. My question: Can an agent do that extension for me, and, if so, would the Thai bank account still be necessary?

4 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

I have an OA (retirement) issued in BKK at CW. I switched from marriage extensions to retirement extensions a few years ago. 

I just need to do a new extension. My question: Can an agent do that extension for me, and, if so, would the Thai bank account still be necessary?

You cannot have an O-A issued in Thailand.

You most likely have an extension of stay.

It expires on the expiry date and you need to renew with 800,000 in the Thai bank for 3 months or provable income of 65,000 baht a month.

If based on being married then 400,000 in the bank or 40,000 baht a month.

Any other way is questionable.

Edited by overherebc

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes a bank account would be needed. What option did you use for financial proof before.

I have used the income affidavit from the US Embassy for every extension I’ve done hitherto. Now I have no affidavit, no Thai bank account and my current extension expires in just under a month.

23 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You cannot have an O-A issued in Thailand.

You most likely have an extension of stay.

It expires on the expiry date and you need to renew with 800,000 in the Thai bank for 3 months or provable income of 65,000 baht a month.

If based on being married then 400,000 in the bank or 40,000 baht a month.

Any other way is questionable.

The “proven income of 65K/mo” has to come from a Thai bank though, right?

Ironically enough, I’ve been making monthly transfers to my Thai wife’s account in excess of 65K for the past three years. It’s a shame they wouldn’t accept those xfers as proof of funds.

18 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Ironically enough, I’ve been making monthly transfers to my Thai wife’s account in excess of 65K for the past three years. It’s a shame they wouldn’t accept those xfers as proof of funds.

If you have time I still say a quick holiday home for an O-A issued in the USA is a good way to go. 

You can use your USA bank for proof of funds ( no need to move it to a Thai bank ) and have an easy 2 years with only one trip out and back to Thailand close to the end of the first year just before the visa expiry date.

27 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

You could ask if they will accept the transfers going into your wife's account. The might might make an exception since it is a new rule.

If not you could open a bank account and do a couple of transfers into the account and get a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time to apply for the extension.

1 hour ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Dont like going off topic but this is the forth person this week that has claimed to have received an O_A visa in Thailand. I even checked if there had been a law change. If an O_A was available here everyone would have one.

I'd be there tomorrow for one as well

????????????

19 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Thanks. I already have an OA visa - just need to do a new extension. Is that possible?

From what you posted earlier as to not having a Thai bank account you will be unable to meet financial requirements since your Embassy will not issue income verification letters? As you have an Elite in progress perhaps simply travelling to a nearby country to obtain a Tourist Visa, or even a Visa Waiver on return with a single extension to get 60 days will cover you until the TE comes through?

20 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I have used the income affidavit from the US Embassy for every extension I’ve done hitherto. Now I have no affidavit, no Thai bank account and my current extension expires in just under a month.

People, people, people. Still confused about visa and extension of stay. OMG when they would learn. How many years it will take? 

Can't you go to a nearby embassy to get an Non O visa based on marriage? Some embassies won't ask to financial proof and some will but you can show you USA bank account also. 

I don't understand what is the big deal if someone is married and don't have a Thai bank account. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Yes, but agent will help you open a new bank account. When you go to an agent all problems disappear. That is the magic of connection. Do you have connection with a high ranking immigration official? If so, all your problems will disappear. Otherwise, you need an agent.

Opening a bank account is easy if you know a Thai with a good job or a government job.

Edited by onera1961