German pensioner drowns at Jomtien beach on first trip to Pattaya

webfact

German pensioner drowns at Jomtien beach on first trip to Pattaya

pat.jpg

Police and rescue foundation medics were called to Jomtien beach yesterday after a German tourist drowned. 

Sawang Boriboon personnel tried CPR on 78 year old Klaus Heinz Trappiel but he could not be revived and he died at the scene opposite Soi 5. 

Many tourists on the beach witnessed the drama. 

One tourist told investigators that the victim had arrived in a a group of four compatriots and had been seen swimming. Thereafter he was seen floating in the sea. 

An official in a YouTube video of the aftermath said that it was the German's first visit to Pattaya. 

He had been staying in Jomtien and was due to leave later in the week.  

Police said that he was suffering from a preexisting condition that contributed to his death from drowning. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-23

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

how did they know of the pre existing condition ???

And NO i dont think life guards patrol they look their mobile phones and still get paid !!!

Being 78 is a pre-existing condition that often leads to death.

This is actually across from soi 6,  and the lifeguards that are there, usually about 8 of them, sit either under the small tent shown or under the trees right next to this,  and as another person mentioned,  they all sit together and look at their mobile phone,  i have never seen them actually patrol the beach and watch swimmers

14 hours ago, RDahlin said:

This is actually across from soi 6,  and the lifeguards that are there, usually about 8 of them, sit either under the small tent shown or under the trees right next to this,  and as another person mentioned,  they all sit together and look at their mobile phone,  i have never seen them actually patrol the beach and watch swimmers

And its doubtful any of them can swim.

1 minute ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I go every day, haven't seen a single one - anywhere!!

after reading some of the answers, now I know why I have never seen one, they stay in a tent near Soi 5 or 6  - near the Police Station so they and the BIB can look at their cell phones all day.   Are these people paid??

He died at the end of his holiday to Pattaya.

Come on, it could be worse.

Imaging you are old and grey and visit Pattaya to have some fun. I guess with 78 he was really exited. Party everyday, lots of pretty women. Yeah, let's enjoy the holiday.

And then he died, probably still thinking about that girl from last night.

Would it be so much better if he would have returned to Germany in a couple of days? Freezing and thinking about why he wasted 77 years of his life before he visited Thailand?

Personally I think this it's not such a bad end. RIP

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

after reading some of the answers, now I know why I have never seen one, they stay in a tent near Soi 5 or 6  - near the Police Station so they and the BIB can look at their cell phones all day.   Are these people paid??

yes they are paid 

2years ago I save a old Italian man first when he was OK they come and as what happened I got so angry of them and  said they should never get salary from their lazy work it almost end up I got arrested 

So many here laying blame on the lifeguards yet not a single person asking "Where were the victim's three other friends while he was drowning?"

Aren't friends supposed to look out for one another in the water?   So much speculation about the lifeguards not being attentive, not so much about his pals.

3 hours ago, dddave said:

So many here laying blame on the lifeguards yet not a single person asking "Where were the victim's three other friends while he was drowning?"

Aren't friends supposed to look out for one another in the water?   So much speculation about the lifeguards not being attentive, not so much about his pals.

It’s easier for them to Thai bash  

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

It’s easier for them to Thai bash  

Being paid to do a job and neglecting the responsibility and playing with their toys while people are drowning in front of them deserves some bashing don't you think!

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Being paid to do a job and neglecting the responsibility and playing with their toys while people are drowning in front of them deserves some bashing don't you think!

I take it you have photographic/ video evidence to that effect in this case or is it the usual Chinese whispers now turning to fact?

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I take it you have photographic/ video evidence to that effect in this case or is it the usual Chinese whispers now turning to fact?

Oh, one of those who needs video evidence to believe something, a dead drowned man isn't enough!

Just now, jacko45k said:

Oh, okay, a no from you then, a drowned person isn't enough for you! Just trolling, much as I thought.

As you well know it’s not about whether someone drowned or not. It’s clear someone did. 

It’s about people like you accusing others of looking at their phones and not doing their job. One says it, then it becomes the norm. If anyone’s trolling it’s you. If you have no evidence which you clearly haven’t. Just gossip. 

Archived