e-Visa for Chinese tourists to be launched February 15

Just now, madmitch said:

When I first read the article I didn't understand why it was restricted to Beijing citizens. Having watched the video I realised why; a visit to the Embassy to get the stamp in the passport. So it's not actually an electronic visa at all.

If I were Chinese I think I'd prfer to opt for the VOA.

VOA is totally different to obtaining a visa for a longer stay and other reasons to be here. It's much like comparing a visa to a visa exempt entry.

The advantage to applicants is no need to stand in a line to be refused a visa for lack of paperwork or any other reason and no need to be compelled to collect the visa at the Embassy you applied in. The advantage is too Thailand security and how they issue visas and who they allow to enter and how many times with a visa (Tourist) not designed for living here. 

Never stand in a line nor refused for a lack of paperwork

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, JackThompson said:

That's why they keep trying to make it easier for them - to keep the "total visitors" count up for the annual report.

I wonder how long now, until Beijing demands corporations and nations they do business with stop referring to Laos, and Thailand as "independent countries".  But they will concede something along the lines of "One country, two systems," so not to worry. 

... care of the Thai taxpayer, who are already paying for the other infrastructure spending, to support visitors whose spending primarily benefits only a very few (connected to the Tour Companies - where the buses stop).

Only you could come up with a conspiracy theory regarding a worldwide visa application system that EVERYBODY will eventually need to use. ???? 

2 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

VOA is totally different to obtaining a visa for a longer stay and other reasons to be here. It's much like comparing a visa to a visa exempt entry.

Chinese need a visa regardless of the length of stay. No 30 day stamp for them,

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

They spend on average more a day than any tourists from any other country.

Data/ Source? 

I found on Wiki It is estimated that the average Chinese tourist remains in the country for one week and spends 30,000–40,000 baht . 

I just don't see Japanese spending less, so are you making this up?

35 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Averages are misleading.  Median is a better indicator in many instances - especially when figuring infrastructure-costs, in this case. 

7 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

That's why they keep trying to make it easier for them - to keep the "total visitors" count up for the annual report.

Jack, you really no idea how tourism works, do you?, especially when it comes to dealing with big numbers. ????

Just now, jacko45k said:

Data/ Source? 

I found on Wiki It is estimated that the average Chinese tourist remains in the country for one week and spends 30,000–40,000 baht . 

I just don't see Japanese spending less, so are you making this up?

Because the figures are taken across the amount of visitors overall and then divided accordingly. If there are 100 Chinese visitors to 1 Japanese visitor, the Chinese spend is higher.

Just now, wobalt said:

Let see how it works in practice

They absolutely know how it works in practice. The Singapore Thai Embassy have been using part of the system for a good while. Albeit without being linked to the Immigration database and not being allowed to choose an Embassy where to collect the visa.

19 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Because the figures are taken across the amount of visitors overall and then divided accordingly. If there are 100 Chinese visitors to 1 Japanese visitor, the Chinese spend is higher.

Ah total spending. Not really sound economics. Then to double the money they make, they need to quadruple the number of Chinese tourists and to do that entice them with 50% discounts! But seriously, at 10,000,000 from China and 38,000,000 total there must be a ceiling.

Edited by jacko45k

11 minutes ago, farangx said:

Jack, you really no idea how tourism works, do you?, especially when it comes to dealing with big numbers. ????

Must be all the math courses I took - statistics, etc.  The tour-groups are "delivered" to select shops, where almost all their spending occurs.

27 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:
31 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I wonder how long now, until Beijing demands corporations and nations they do business with stop referring to Laos, and Thailand as "independent countries".  But they will concede something along the lines of "One country, two systems," so not to worry. 

... care of the Thai taxpayer, who are already paying for the other infrastructure spending, to support visitors whose spending primarily benefits only a very few (connected to the Tour Companies - where the buses stop).

Only you could come up with a conspiracy theory regarding a worldwide visa application system that EVERYBODY will eventually need to use. ???? 

Is the conspiracy that there is an interest from certain agencies to show high tourist-visitor totals? 

Or, perhaps, the conspiracy is that we see large hordes of Chinese visitors spending nothing as they follow a guy with a flag on a pole - other than 7/11 and the select stores where the bus takes them to shop - passing the boarded-up businesses that formerly served the Westerners which immigration drove out? 

A conspiracy is a group of people plotting something in secret.  What I am describing - a preference for high-volume Chinese visitors - is hardly a secret.

farangs........ really the worst!!!  why farangs stay??  dumb farangs.  farangs, can you not take a hint???   oh farangs......the writing is on the wall.

oh, you can't see the writing because of your tattoos, smoke, and heavy backpack with 11  baht in change for 7-11 lunch and dinner.   farangs......they will never be Thai.  never.   now go out there and spend all your money!!!!!   

kap kap.  

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Must be all the math courses I took - statistics, etc.  The tour-groups are "delivered" to select shops, where almost all their spending occurs.

Is the conspiracy that there is an interest from certain agencies to show high tourist-visitor totals? 

Or, perhaps, the conspiracy is that we see large hordes of Chinese visitors spending nothing as they follow a guy with a flag on a pole - other than 7/11 and the select stores where the bus takes them to shop - passing the boarded-up businesses that formerly served the Westerners which immigration drove out? 

A conspiracy is a group of people plotting something in secret.  What I am describing - a preference for high-volume Chinese visitors - is hardly a secret.

It's not a preference for Chinese though is it. How can a new way of applying for visas being introduced worldwide be turned around in to it being made out to be a preference for Chinese visitors?  London go's to the exact same system in April with Vientiane and KL changing partly over next month with the rest too follow very shortly.
We are all aware that you and others hate the change but too try and change it around to some sort of Chinese conspired thing, is plainly ridiculous.

They absolutely know how it works in practice. The Singapore Thai Embassy have been using part of the system for a good while. Albeit without being linked to the Immigration database and not being allowed to choose an Embassy where to collect the visa.

Server down ? this is Thailand not Singapore. And how decides you get the visa?

Just now, wobalt said:

Server down ? this is Thailand not Singapore. And how decides you get the visa?

The server is down, you have a problem like all other IT based business. The system decides on the visa depending on your input and back up documents.
Here is link you can play with that shows you how you input your details. Each window represents a visa class.

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

The Singaporean System seems to be only for a visitor visa

The server is down, you have a problem like all other IT based business. The system decides on the visa depending on your input and back up documents.
Here is link you can play with that shows you how you input your details. Each window represents a visa class.

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

So a computer decides?

11 minutes ago, wobalt said:

The Singaporean System seems to be only for a visitor visa

Yes at the moment until the full system go's live.

1 minute ago, wobalt said:

So a computer decides?

Yes. The software decides with your imputed documents set at whatever parameters have been inbuilt in to the software. 

14 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Well have played with the Non O section, system says that I have to go to embassy or consulate as I am no longer resident in Germany but registered in Thailand?

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

6 minutes ago, wobalt said:

It seems that the SW can handle only standard conditions

The system is nowhere near in live mode yet. It's still in demo mode and some features are disabled. That particular portal is also only for UK citizens with a registered UK address and passport. Until Embassy's start to come on stream, it's impossible to know which portal we all need to enter through.
It maybe you yourself, need to enter through a German portal when it becomes available.

Just now, wobalt said:

So they will set up portals for every country? I am in Thailand not in Germany.

Yes because how would everybody around the world be able to read an English based portal or we for instance, be able to understand the Chinese one? Plus, if the need arises, the Embassy needs to be able to give notice, in some cases, for you to attend a personal appearance. i don't see how one Gateway, at this time and in a new system, could be relied on or possibly work. 
Even the Thai Embassy in London, at this stage cannot guarantee a postal option for the second stage of the visa application. The only thing they will commit too is that if it's allowed, the first part of the application will absolutely 100% have to be by electronic submission inc your documents etc