Decades-long Trump ally Roger Stone arrested for lying to Congress

rooster59

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, atyclb said:

likely your background is in law enforcement or pi because an astute lawyer would likely conclude stones house/property for evidence would be "low yield"

I scanned an article today where the assertion was that the reason for the surprise raid was that Mueller wanted to get hold of all the electronic equipment (computers, tablets, smart phones) in the belief that those devices might have contained traces of a more sophisticated secure communication source that Stone used to communicate and coodinate with the Russian hackers etc..

3 minutes ago, keemapoot said:
31 minutes ago, atyclb said:

likely your background is in law enforcement or pi because an astute lawyer would likely conclude stones house/property for evidence would be "low yield"

I scanned an article today where the assertion was that the reason for the surprise raid was that Mueller wanted to get hold of all the electronic equipment (computers, tablets, smart phones) in the belief that those devices might have contained traces of a more sophisticated secure communication source that Stone used to communicate and coodinate with the Russian hackers etc..

the roger stone swat team had 4 more members than the 25 man navy seal team that reportedly got osama bin laden

a normal search warrant would have allowed getting all the electronic devices and they could have have used it the day before thus denying stone time to destroy/delete

It seems that Stone may be willing to cooperate with Mueller....

Roger Stone, ahead of arraignment, says he would discuss cooperating with special counsel

Roger Stone, following a pre-dawn arrest at his home in Florida and ahead of an arraignment in Washington on Tuesday, said that he would discuss cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller, if asked.

"You know, that’s a question I would have to –- I have to determine after my attorneys have some discussion," Stone told ABC News' Chief Anchor George Stephanopolous on “This Week” Sunday. "If there’s wrongdoing by other people in the campaign that I know about, which I know of none, but if there is I would certainly testify honestly.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/roger-stone-longtime-president-donald-trump-friend-veteran-140604880--abc-news-topstories.html

10 hours ago, atyclb said:

the roger stone swat team had 4 more members than the 25 man navy seal team that reportedly got osama bin laden

a normal search warrant would have allowed getting all the electronic devices and they could have have used it the day before thus denying stone time to destroy/delete

He could have had HRC lend him a few hammers for cel phones.

“Roger Stone has a tattoo of Nixon’s face on his back. I feel sorry for Stone’s future cellmate. Imagine having to keep an erection going lookin’ at THAT!”
Bill Maher 

Is that true he has a Nixon back tattoo I thought it was fake internet meme?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raiding with excessive numbers and weapons is the norm in the USA nowadays. They show up with a small military force for even minor suspicions. They assume the worst and come prepared for it.  Don't agree with it, but just the way it is these days. :post-4641-1156693976:

On 1/31/2019 at 12:27 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Raiding with excessive numbers and weapons is the norm in the USA nowadays. They show up with a small military force for even minor suspicions. They assume the worst and come prepared for it.  Don't agree with it, but just the way it is these days. :post-4641-1156693976:

i see your point but its not as if he had unpaid parking tickets.

On 1/26/2019 at 7:05 AM, Silurian said:

Um, Stone was under oath, testifying to Congress.

I suggest you look up perjury.

While looking up perjury in testifying to Congress under oath, think about these people who lied, Hillary, Comey, Google CEO Pichai, Clapper, Jack Dorsey, Andrew McCabe, Muller, Rod Rosenstein, and who can forget the hilarious testimony of that slime agent on Mullers team, agent Strzok just to name a few of the left wing Trump haters.  It appears That visa has a large number of left wing supporters. ???? 

6 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

While looking up perjury in testifying to Congress under oath, think about these people who lied, Hillary, Comey, Google CEO Pichai, Clapper, Jack Dorsey, Andrew McCabe, Muller, Rod Rosenstein, and who can forget the hilarious testimony of that slime agent on Mullers team, agent Strzok just to name a few of the left wing Trump haters.  It appears That visa has a large number of left wing supporters. ???? 

But but but...everybody!

32 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

55555555....funny.  So all these people committed perjury.  Well Trump is in charge of the Justice Department.  Why doesn't he get off his fat ass and do something? 

29 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

55555555....funny.  So all these people committed perjury.  Well Trump is in charge of the Justice Department.  Why doesn't he get off his fat ass and do something? 

What???  There should be some sort of basic IQ test to be able to post comments on this site. Between trying to decipher some of the poorly written comments to naive posts like this is why I stopped posting for a couple of years. ????

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

What???  There should be some sort of basic IQ test to be able to post comments on this site. Between trying to decipher some of the poorly written comments to naive posts like this is why I stopped posting for a couple of years. ????

If there were, what if you failed?  

A flame post (personal attack on another member) has been removed from this thread.

From the Forum Rules:

Posting Content & General Conduct

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

On 1/26/2019 at 2:51 PM, atyclb said:
On 1/26/2019 at 2:45 PM, Briggsy said:
On 1/26/2019 at 2:42 PM, atyclb said:

Read the indictment. Flight risk. Destruction of evidence risk. Not my words. Special Counsel's assessment and request to the judge.

was stone not granted bail bond of 250k usd?  put it all together and use a bit of critical thinking and you will be just fine.

to boot the so called "flight risk" was granted a "sureity bond" meaning he did not even need to provide the money. this for someone alleged to have the info on how russia was able to change the outcome a us presidential election.  29 tactical gear swat with auto weapons,  amphibious vehicles, armored vehicles, a helicopter, dogs?  a bigger team than that sent to get osama bin laden.  did they think one geriatric was spiderman or the incredible hulk?

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:22 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Manafort is due for sentencing and he’s very likely to be sent down for decades (at his age a life sentence).

This will help Stone focus on what choice he needs to make.

Why? He knows he'll ( probably ) get a pardon even if Mueller does manage to get him for something.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:13 PM, CMNightRider said:

I don't come on much anymore, but when I do, the OTT TDS comments are quite "interesting" to read.

Re the OP, I'm looking forward to ( hopefully ) seeing Mueller getting a lot of egg on his facial features over picking on Stone; someone who probably has least to fear, knowing who has his back.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't come on much anymore, but when I do, the OTT TDS comments are quite "interesting" to read.

Re the OP, I'm looking forward to ( hopefully ) seeing Mueller getting a lot of egg on his facial features over picking on Stone; someone who probably has least to fear, knowing who has his back.

Mueller's investigation is really nothing more than a witch hunt.  I think he will regret going after Stone.  When Peter Strzok and Lisa Page's antics became known and that pencil neck Strzok testified in front of Congress, I though here is one of Mueller's top investigators.  

Strzok's testimony with his smirk and lying almost made me want to vomit.  Having a person like Strzok as one of his lead agents clearly showed Muellers lack of good judgement and hinted as to what kind of person Mueller is. ????

Archived