Decades-long Trump ally Roger Stone arrested for lying to Congress

rooster59

7 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Perhaps I misunderstood your question.

"Evidence is irrelevant".

I was being sarcastic.

Apologies if I caused confusion.

Evidence is relevant, of course.

There have been non-stop claims of Trump working for/with Putin, Assange working for/with Putin, etc., without a shred of evidence thus far.

You better read the Stone indictment.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd have thought an ongoing investigation wouldn't be releasing any information till they had a result.

They have a result, they indicted Stone because he worked with the Russians and WikiLeaks to steal and publish emails to influence the election.

well that was some optics, 29 swat team members and 17 police vehicles to arrest a 72 year old sleeping man all for alleged process crimes.

They could have just called Stone to turn himself in,imo. Seems,an overkill from a desperate prosecutor looking for something to stick imo.

Optics like this is a sign of weakness in the Russia collusion conspiracy narrative.

The fact that he was one of Nixon's cloying hatchet boys and the fact that  he sent false stories, manipulated polls and engaged in other deceitful immoral acts  says it all. This is a bad, bad man. He's going to get what he deserves for his decades of abusing the democratic process. He is more of a threat to the US way of life than any jihadi terrorist.

9 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The fact that he was one of Nixon's cloying hatchet boys and the fact that  he sent false stories, manipulated polls and engaged in other deceitful immoral acts  says it all. This is a bad, bad man. He's going to get what he deserves for his decades of abusing the democratic process. He is more of a threat to the US way of life than any jihadi terrorist.

You are absolutely correct and spot on!

He also had to apologize (in a separate incident) so he wouldn't have to pay out for a huge lawsuit against from a Chinese businessman. Stone accused him of donating to her campaign I believe. It was was false.

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

Tucker Carlson gets it right.

Excellent summation of the incident and excellent interview with Stone, as well as 2 interviews with others afterwards.

https://youtu.be/K9xTsArgrs8

"The set of charges against Mr. Stone  underscore what has been obvious for over a year ,that there never was a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin" :

Andy McCarthy- Expert, law and justice

Next-Process 

"The reason Mueller (or anyone) has not been able to find an 'actual link to Wikileaks' yet is because Roger Stone has pulled off one of most successful trollings in recent memory.

2 years in, it still hasn't sunk in that Stone's 'link' to WL is a combo of b.s. & reading the news"

- Aaron Maté

15 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Nice little tip off that had CNN at his doorstep as heavily armed FBI agents arrived at 5am for the arrest. Maybe the threat from a 66 yo with no priors would have been too intimidating for these tough FBI agents. Guess it looked better on the telly.

You are conveniently missing the point of the well orchestrated raid by the FBI. The purpose of such an elaborate raid was to prevent Stone from destroying evidence (similar to a certain POTUS absconding with the notes of an interpreter from a highly secretive, suspicious, improper meeting with the leader of an adversarial country).

Kudos to CNN for being so well connected and at the top of their game.

"As I’ve said before, Stone had no actual link to Wikileaks, he just trolled everyone into thinking that he did.

He’s now being indicted for lying to Congress — not to Mueller btw — about his efforts to find out what Wikileaks had from two people who also had no real link either."

- Aaron Maté

3 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"As I’ve said before, Stone had no actual link to Wikileaks, he just trolled everyone into thinking that he did.

He’s now being indicted for lying to Congress — not to Mueller btw — about his efforts to find out what Wikileaks had from two people who also had no real link either."

- Aaron Maté

This is what he was indicted at this time, there is no guarantee that there won't be further indictments.

10 hours ago, Kelsall said:

A pre-dawn raid with 29 armed FBI agents, CNN tipped off.  All for a guy who has zero history of violence.  Lots of drama, lots of theater.  The indictments are all for process crimes.  Ho hum.

"We'll see"....... djt

5 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

- Aaron Maté

Stone’s indictment includes accusations of the part he played in contacts with WikiLeaks.

On 1/26/2019 at 7:42 AM, Boon Mee said:

Looks like they have Trump now! 

Not quite. This arrest is a purely politically-motivated stunt by Mueller who hasn't a smidgen of dirt on DJT. 

Seriously Boon...what's with your infatuation with the man-child? Those knee pads must be wearing thin! :clap2:

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Stone’s indictment includes accusations of the part he played in contacts with WikiLeaks.

You might want to double check that as it is not illegal to contact Wiki. His problem comes from a possible lie to Congress about any such contact.

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

You might want to double check that as it is not illegal to contact Wiki. His problem comes from a possible lie to Congress about any such contact.

His problems start with the lie to Congress

Why he took the risk of committing perjury is where hus problems will lead.

As for not being illegal to contact Wiki, you are correct.

Unless of course in doing so he was conspiring to comit a felony.

Mueller’s not drawn any blanks so far.

Stone will sing.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:46 AM, DoctorG said:

Unsuccessfully tried to find something to either confirm or refute your assertion. Having never personally been arrested by the FBI I do not know.

It’s a repetitive complaint.  It’s protocol 

"I know this will be difficult for certain people to accept, but Mueller's indictments thus far have consistently *undermined* the core Trump/Russia conspiracy theory that set off the investigation to begin with. The theory is less supportable than ever."

- Michael Tracey

22 hours ago, Basil B said:
22 hours ago, atyclb said:

is that based on personal experience?

Yes... I often see incriminating evidence in my line of work...

likely your background is in law enforcement or pi because an astute lawyer would likely conclude stones house/property for evidence would be "low yield"

Archived