Decades-long Trump ally Roger Stone arrested for lying to Congress

rooster59

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

Nice little tip off that had CNN at his doorstep as heavily armed FBI agents arrived at 5am for the arrest. Maybe the threat from a 66 yo with no priors would have been too intimidating for these tough FBI agents. Guess it looked better on the telly.

Aren’t they making dedicated TV shows with stuff like that in the US, called catch a predator or something? So I guess it’s just fair. 

Just now, welovesundaysatspace said:

Aren’t they making dedicated TV shows with stuff like that in the US, called catch a predator or something? So I guess it’s just fair. 

If I ran a news channel I'd have a team camped outside the doors of everyone associated with the Trump campaign.  Sooner or later the FBI will come a knocking.

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

This has been a signature of the witch-hunt right from the git go. It is clear minor players have been threatened by Mueller's team to give them juicy bones or else. The problem is when there are no juicy bones, and there never were any - what to give them in exchange for a return to normal life. Ah yes, just make stuff up. The extremists Mueller surrounds himself with are so desperate to clutch at straws they are believing any old nonsense.

Still, Stone is a tough guy I doubt he will be intimidated by the deep state and the haters.

Mueller is widely respected as an honest man with integrity whereas Trump and Nixon associate Stone........

Transcript of one side of a phone conversation taken in a Trump supporter's ideal world:

Hello, is that Mr Stone?

Mr Roger Stone?

Hello Mr Stone, it's the FBI here. We were wondering if we could make an appointment sometime this morning to arrest you?

About 10:00?

Oh, that's not convenient for you?  OK, how about this afternoon around 14:00?

No?  And you'll be busy all week?

OK, we'll give you a call later to arrange a time for next week. 

What's that?

No, we don't have any agents currently stationed at the airport.  Why do you ask?

Hello?

Hello?

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

2019 is not going to be your year.

You’re going to be dragged back into the reality based universe.

Since you are so emphatic in your statement about Stone being ‘a tough guy’ I suggest the moment Stone starts ‘singing’ would be a good time for you to understand your journey back to reality has started.

Enoy the journey.

Thank you. Most Trump supporters are finding this to be quite a rough ride. They knew going in, that he was filthy. They knew of the 3,600 lawsuits, that were being pursued by small contractors, just normal hard working Americans, trying to make a living, who had the misfortune of doing work for a gangster developer. They knew all that. They knew about the Orgy Island stuff, the connections to the convicted child molester Jeffrey Epstein, his 22 trips to Orgy Island, his many visits to Epsteins mansion, where the parties often took place. They knew about the "Grab them by the pu***" statements. They knew about the statements like "when I see a beautiful women, I just have to stick my tongue in her mouth" statements. Yet, they voted him in anyway, at least partly due to the fact that he was running against the worst democratic candidate since Mondale, and a women who was also a gangster. So, many felt they did not have a choice. 

However, I am sure that many did not know the extent of the level of corruption this man engages in, how low he was willing to stoop, and how deceitful he was. Some of my friends who supported him, have backed away. Some have just come to the conclusion he is an absolute pig, but they continue to believe in his policies. No doubt his support is dropping. The shutdown has been a fiasco for Trump. He was way, way in over his head with Pelosi. She is so much smarter and cunning than Trump, and she can negotiate, unlike Trump, who cannot negotiate his way out of a paper bag. So, in the end he caved. He had to. His poll numbers are plummeting. His hammer over the head approach does not work with everyone! 

Stone is just another in the continuing string of criminals that Mueller will arrest. By the end of all this, his son, and daughter could be looking at time in the slammer. And in my estimation, Trump will be given a choice of either resigning, or choosing not to run again, in exchange for not being prosecuted, once he leaves office. One thing is certain. Trump colluded. It is just his M.O. His entire career he has sought any nasty advantage over his perceived adversaries. There is a reason why he so vociferously protected those notes from the translator, during the meetings with Putin. No American would have wanted to hear what was said. Especially supporters of the traitor. That is just the way he rolls. He is as dirty as a Bombay street cleaner. At this stage he is scared. Very scared. They are closing in on him, after a lifetime of crime.

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Looks like they have Trump now! 

Not quite. This arrest is a purely politically-motivated stunt by Mueller who hasn't a smidgen of dirt on DJT. 

Thanks Boon Mee for changing your avatar. Enough said !

1 hour ago, Respectthailand said:

Looking foward to when they move on his family.

Despicable don.

4000 confirmed lies since taking the helm and counting

I think your number may need updating. It seems "liar-in-chief" is even a much greater liar.

Fact Checker Analysis

Analysis Interpretation of the news based on evidence, including data, as well as anticipating how events might unfold based on past events

President Trump has made 6,420 false or misleading claims over 649 days

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Thank you. Most Trump supporters are finding this to be quite a rough ride. They knew going in, that he was filthy. They knew of the 3,600 lawsuits, that were being pursued by small contractors, just normal hard working Americans, trying to make a living, who had the misfortune of doing work for a gangster developer. They knew all that. They knew about the Orgy Island stuff, the connections to the convicted child molester Jeffrey Epstein, his 22 trips to Orgy Island, his many visits to Epsteins mansion, where the parties often took place. They knew about the "Grab them by the pu***" statements. They knew about the statements like "when I see a beautiful women, I just have to stick my tongue in her mouth" statements. Yet, they voted him in anyway, at least partly due to the fact that he was running against the worst democratic candidate since Mondale, and a women who was also a gangster. So, many felt they did not have a choice. 

However, I am sure that many did not know the extent of the level of corruption this man engages in, how low he was willing to stoop, and how deceitful he was. Some of my friends who supported him, have backed away. Some have just come to the conclusion he is an absolute pig, but they continue to believe in his policies. No doubt his support is dropping. The shutdown has been a fiasco for Trump. He was way, way in over his head with Pelosi. She is so much smarter and cunning than Trump, and she can negotiate, unlike Trump, who cannot negotiate his way out of a paper bag. So, in the end he caved. He had to. His poll numbers are plummeting. His hammer over the head approach does not work with everyone! 

Stone is just another in the continuing string of criminals that Mueller will arrest. By the end of all this, his son, and daughter could be looking at time in the slammer. And in my estimation, Trump will be given a choice of either resigning, or choosing not to run again, in exchange for not being prosecuted, once he leaves office. One thing is certain. Trump colluded. It is just his M.O. His entire career he has sought any nasty advantage over his perceived adversaries. There is a reason why he so vociferously protected those notes from the translator, during the meetings with Putin. No American would have wanted to hear what was said. Especially supporters of the traitor. That is just the way he rolls. He is as dirty as a Bombay street cleaner. At this stage he is scared. Very scared. They are closing in on him, after a lifetime of crime.

Well done Mike......as usual you called it like it is. The walls are closing on Trump. It will be a sad situation if he walks away without doing any time for ripping off all the subcontractors. A lot of unethical rich people pull this stunt of not paying the so-called-lesser people.....mainly because they know they don't have the deep pockets to fight them. Trump, a dishonest BUM that I would like to see him do some serious federal time for all the criminal activities he's been involved in over the years.......enough is enough.

“For when the One Great Scorer

comes to mark against your name,

He writes not that you won or lost,

but how you played the game!”

– Grantland Rice

Stone and Trump have probably never heard the above words. Winning is all that matters to them.

2 hours ago, DoctorG said:

FBI probably still not need to do the heavily-armed, pre-dawn raid thing.  

Considering that none of the federal agents were getting any pay at the time of the raid, there was probably some subliminal feeling of payback. I wouldn't have been surprised if the FBI included an armored vehicle in the raid.

So far as I understand it, the Stone indictments show no connection to Russia, and one of the charges is Stone LYING about his ATTEMPTS to contact Assange.

There is still ZERO proof that WikiLeaks worked with Russia.

And "Putin's bitch" Donald Trump is attempting a coup in Venezuela, while Russia is a Venezuelan ally.

Will any of this slow down the McCarthyite red scare and the Wikileaks/Russia conspiracy theories?

No way. Evidence is irrelevant.

17 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Which is why I have to ask, with respect to your post "evidence is irrelevant", evidence of what?

Perhaps I misunderstood your question.

"Evidence is irrelevant".

I was being sarcastic.

Apologies if I caused confusion.

Evidence is relevant, of course.

There have been non-stop claims of Trump working for/with Putin, Assange working for/with Putin, etc., without a shred of evidence thus far.

4 hours ago, Slip said:

Best news so far this year.  Lock him up!

Sorry to quote myself, but the day just keeps getting better:

Longtime Trump aide Roger Stone was indicted on Friday on seven counts including obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements in connection with the Russian attack on the 2016 election.

Now, it appears that Fox News host Sean Hannity took part in that by acting on the directives from the emails between Stone and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.

https://politicaldig.com/hannity-conspired-with-stone-and-could-be-indicted-himself-new-evidence-suggests/

2 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

A pre-dawn raid with 29 armed FBI agents, CNN tipped off.  All for a guy who has zero history of violence.  Lots of drama, lots of theater.  The indictments are all for process crimes.  Ho hum.

The part of what you say before your 1st comma is both relevant and accurate.  The rest not so much.

9 minutes ago, Slip said:

Far fetched IMO.

If Stone told Hannity 'say something on air about HRC's health, she is not well' that is far from conspiracy. It does show a lack of journalistic standards, but that is a given.

8 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

This has been a signature of the witch-hunt right from the git go. It is clear minor players have been threatened by Mueller's team to give them juicy bones or else. The problem is when there are no juicy bones, and there never were any - what to give them in exchange for a return to normal life. Ah yes, just make stuff up. The extremists Mueller surrounds himself with are so desperate to clutch at straws they are believing any old nonsense.

Still, Stone is a tough guy I doubt he will be intimidated by the deep state and the haters.

Agree. IMO expect to see further charges laid in an attempt to pressure him into lying about Trump. I expect nothing less from Mueller, given his obvious witch hunt to find anything at all to hang on the president, and his abject failure so far to come up with anything even remotely to do with Russian collusion. Small result for the millions of tax payer dollars spent on this ( IMO ) wild goose chase.

I'm hoping that Stone will hang in there, and he must know that even if they do manage to convict him on something, Trump will be pardoning him.

27 minutes ago, Slip said:

Seems the Trump haters just can't stop themselves coming up with ever more ludicrous scenarios to "get" Trump on something. anything at all. I haven't been counting but there have probably been hundreds of similar accusations that are forgotten as soon as the next ridiculous accusation comes out. None, far as I know have lasted more than a few days. Even the adult movie woman seems to have been forgotten as her case crashes and burns in the courts.

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Far fetched IMO.

If Stone told Hannity 'say something on air about HRC's health, she is not well' that is far from conspiracy. It does show a lack of journalistic standards, but that is a given.

Something I can agree with you about, and all the more so given her collapse on live tv, which did lead to a lot of speculation about her health.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree. IMO expect to see further charges laid in an attempt to pressure him into lying about Trump. I expect nothing less from Mueller, given his obvious witch hunt to find anything at all to hang on the president, and his abject failure so far to come up with anything even remotely to do with Russian collusion. Small result for the millions of tax payer dollars spent on this ( IMO ) wild goose chase.

I'm hoping that Stone will hang in there, and he must know that even if they do manage to convict him on something, Trump will be pardoning him.

Yes, as defense attorneys have put it, Mueller tries to force people to not only sing, but to compose. 

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems the Trump haters just can't stop themselves coming up with ever more ludicrous scenarios to "get" Trump on something. anything at all. I haven't been counting but there have been hundreds of similar accusations that are forgotten as soon as the next ridiculous accusation comes out. None, far as I know have lasted more than a few days. Even the adult movie woman seems to have been forgotten as her case crashes and burns in the courts.

Actually my sangfroid is directed at Hannity on this occasion. 

28 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

A pre-dawn raid with 29 armed FBI agents, CNN tipped off.  All for a guy who has zero history of violence.  Lots of drama, lots of theater.  The indictments are all for process crimes.  Ho hum.

Deflection. (You have form) Nothing to do with the threat of violence whatsoever.

Did you read the unredacted parts of the indictment? No? Didn't think so.

The unannounced arrest was to prevent the destruction of evidence and flight from justice.

Archived