Decades-long Trump ally Roger Stone arrested for lying to Congress

rooster59

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Slip said:

Actually my sangfroid is directed at Hannity on this occasion. 

I wasn't directing my reply at you personally, just at the Trump haters in general.

Hannity knows he is going to be in the deep doo doo if he says anything at all on his show that could be evenly remotely untrue, given the number of people out to get him, so he surely has a team of people checking everything before he goes on air. If he did say anything about HRC, it won't be criminal, IMO.

Just now, atyclb said:

nobody would like to see evidence of russian collusion to win the election more than me

but

29 agents in full tactical gear with guns drawn to arrest one geriatric.

Another deflector who didn't read the indictment.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Agree. IMO expect to see further charges laid in an attempt to pressure him into lying about Trump. I expect nothing less from Mueller, given his obvious witch hunt to find anything at all to hang on the president, and his abject failure so far to come up with anything even remotely to do with Russian collusion. Small result for the millions of tax payer dollars spent on this ( IMO ) wild goose chase.

I'm hoping that Stone will hang in there, and he must know that even if they do manage to convict him on something, Trump will be pardoning him.

You do realise that money wise the net result of the Mueller investigation is clearly positive?

Why is it clear Mueller is pressuring minor players (sure, minor like Stone, Cohen) to tell lies?

8 minutes ago, Briggsy said:
9 minutes ago, atyclb said:

nobody would like to see evidence of russian collusion to win the election more than me

but

29 agents in full tactical gear with guns drawn to arrest one geriatric.

Another deflector who didn't read the indictment.

my post is in regards to the method of getting him, not to the content of the indictment.  usually in such a case the prosecutor contacts the defense attorney and they agree on when the attorney will appear with the person indicted.

the way they did it would be what is expected if they were busting an ms13 house

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Deflection. (You have form) Nothing to do with the threat of violence whatsoever.

Did you read the unredacted parts of the indictment? No? Didn't think so.

The unannounced arrest was to prevent the destruction of evidence and flight from justice.

Are you claiming that Stone is so stupid that he would have incriminating evidence in his home, or that he would try to flee, when he knows that Trump has his back and a pardon if Mueller manages to find something to convict him on?

If there was no threat of violence, why did it take 29 officers with guns drawn to arrest him? 

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

my post is in regards to the method of getting him, not to the content of the indictment.  usually in such a case the prosecutor contacts the defense attorney and they agree on when the attorney will appear with the person indicted.

Read the indictment. Flight risk. Destruction of evidence risk. Not my words. Special Counsel's assessment and request to the judge.

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:
6 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Read the indictment. Flight risk. Destruction of evidence risk. Not my words. Special Counsel's assessment and request to the judge.

was stone not granted bail bond of 250k usd?  put it all together and use a bit of critical thinking and you will be just fine.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You do realise that money wise the net result of the Mueller investigation is clearly positive?

Why is it clear Mueller is pressuring minor players (sure, minor like Stone, Cohen) to tell lies?

All the nothing to do with Russian collusion should have been taken care of by normal law enforcement, but perhaps they are too incompetent to do their job and it does take a hugely expensive investigation to catch a few minnows, when it's the giant shark they are trying to catch.

I'm not privy to the investigation information, obviously, but pressuring minor players to dish some dirt on the actual subject of the investigation leads me to believe that they have nothing, and if they have nothing ( because IMO there is nothing ), the people being pressured would have to make something up ie lie, to get the investigators off their back. Mueller seems to have done a real hatchet job on Flynn, and it's well known that even the innocent are financially ruined by the legal costs; happily not something Stone should have to worry about.

4 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

So I wonder what the penalty is for lying to a house full of politicians ?

I do understand why it took outside counsel to tell them they'd just heard a lie.

It depends on whose house it is. If it's just a private house with random politicians in it, that's one thing, but if it's the House of Representatives where the politicians are members of Congress, that's quite another.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

was stone not granted bail bond of 250k usd?  put it all together and use a bit of critical thinking and you will be just fine.

After evidence had been secured by evidence response technicians and after a judge had ordered him not to travel outside certain areas. Bail conditions support the FBI's perfectly normal actions.

Keep the police safe, there are a lot of guns in Florida.

41 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

After evidence had been secured by evidence response technicians and after a judge had ordered him not to travel outside certain areas. Bail conditions support the FBI's perfectly normal actions.

I think your theory is better, but I guess this could have had some small bearing...

Alex Jones, Roger Stone hit shooting range to prepare for civil war they say would break out if Trump is removed

Roger Stone has said repeatedly that he believes a civil war would likely break out if there is any attempts to remove Trump from office.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/alex-jones-rogers-stone-hit-gun-range-prepare-civil-war-article-1.3715575

You know it is bad when the Nixon organization backs away from you.

Nixon Foundation distances itself from Roger Stone after Mueller indictment

The Nixon Foundation sought to distance itself Friday from Stone after the political provocateur emerged from a Florida federal courthouse flashing the signature double V hand signal, usually used to symbolize "victory" or "peace," that Nixon made when he departed the White House after his resignation. Stone, who has a tattoo of the former president on his back, has long cited Nixon as a key political icon and influence.

I guess Stone will be looking into lasering off that Nixon tattoo.

49 minutes ago, Briggsy said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

stone, a seasoned political person with decades of experience and having an attorney to boot and lots of preparation time would be highly unlikely to maintain any incriminating evidence at his home. i guess the prosecutor did not ponder the realistic chance of finding evidence 

apparently the judge did not stone is high flight risk as 1)bail granted 2) 250k is not very much to safeguard against flight.

again would love to see the russia collusion evidence come to light and if found guilty those involved brought to justice.

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

stone, a seasoned political person with decades of experience and having an attorney to boot and lots of preparation time would be highly unlikely to maintain any incriminating evidence at his home. i guess the prosecutor did not ponder the realistic chance of finding evidence as creating a spectacle for cnn was more important.

apparently the judge did not stone is high flight risk as 1)bail granted 2) 250k is not very much to safeguard against flight.

again would love to see the russia collusion evidence come to light and if found guilty those involved brought to justice.

Better stop about cnn. This was simply good journalism, nothing to do with getting advance warning.

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

would be highly unlikely to maintain any incriminating evidence at his home.

Tell the Special Counsel. Don't tell me.

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

apparently the judge did not stone is high flight risk

But the judge barred him from applying for or holding a current passport and limited his movements to to South Florida, Washington, D.C., New York City, and the eastern area of Virginia.

Sounds like the judge thinks he is a flight risk.

Another criminal putting the lives of U.S. citizens at risk arrested and destined for jail. Sounds like good news for all Americans.

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

stone, a seasoned political person with decades of experience and having an attorney to boot and lots of preparation time would be highly unlikely to maintain any incriminating evidence at his home. i guess the prosecutor did not ponder the realistic chance of finding evidence as creating a spectacle for cnn was more important.

Apart from your sentence about the prosecutor and cnn (which is patent nonsense), this makes some sort of sense.   Having said that any prosecutor who arranged a raid of this nature without the safe guards that were put in place in this case would be derelict in his duty.

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:
9 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Better stop about cnn. This was simply good journalism, nothing to do with getting advance warning.

i deleted cnn comment since it might infer all the other networks might be crap journalists as they werent there and missed a great story

15 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Tell the Special Counsel. Don't tell me.

But the judge barred him from applying for or holding a current passport and limited his movements to to South Florida, Washington, D.C., New York City, and the eastern area of Virginia.

Sounds like the judge thinks he is a flight risk.

Another criminal putting the lives of U.S. citizens at risk arrested and destined for jail. Sounds like good news for all Americans.

putin could easily charter a small jet at a private airstrip to take stone to havana, no passport needed.

42 minutes ago, Silurian said:

The Nixon Foundation sought to distance itself Friday from Stone after the political provocateur emerged from a Florida federal courthouse flashing the signature double V hand signal, usually used to symbolize "victory" or "peace," that Nixon made when he departed the White House after his resignation. Stone, who has a tattoo of the former president on his back, has long cited Nixon as a key political icon and influence.

for me it would be flattering if the nixon foundation distanced themselves

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Manafort is due for sentencing and he’s very likely to be sent down for decades (at his age a life sentence).

Or as Trump supporters would say: "a minor player who has no relevancy to my hero, Trump. Trump will never serve prison time."

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you claiming that Stone is so stupid that he would [...]

I'm gonna have to stop you right there since it seems you haven't been paying close attention.  This is, as John Oliver has described it, "Stupid Watergate: A scandal with all of the potential ramifications of Watergate, but where everyone involved is stupid and bad at everything."

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

stone, a seasoned political person with decades of experience and having an attorney to boot and lots of preparation time would be highly unlikely to maintain any incriminating evidence at his home.

you would be surprised what criminals over look...

10 minutes ago, Basil B said:
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

stone, a seasoned political person with decades of experience and having an attorney to boot and lots of preparation time would be highly unlikely to maintain any incriminating evidence at his home.

you would be surprised what criminals over look...

is that based on personal experience?

13 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Looks like they have Trump now! 

Not quite. This arrest is a purely politically-motivated stunt by Mueller who hasn't a smidgen of dirt on DJT. 

Open your eyes for a change:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-roger-stones-stunning-indictment-is-a-huge-moment-in-the-russia-probe/ar-BBSJ7zQ?ocid=spartandhp

Trump working together with the Russians to hack the emails of the democrats and let WikiLeaks publish them.

49 minutes ago, Basil B said:
52 minutes ago, atyclb said:

is that based on personal experience?

Yes... I often see incriminating evidence in my line of work...

i see you hold a degree in boom boom . "BSc(Boom Boom)"

might that line of work be "peeping tom"

Archived