Australia divided: thousands expected to protest Australia Day legacy

rooster59

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Struth, they're breeding like rabbits. Population more than doubled since 1960

By contrast, the Aboriginals have reached 700,000 after 50,000 years! Is it the beer?

or the beer that was in immigrant boats from the 50's, and then from the mid 70's

2 minutes ago, samran said:

I guess it’s hard to grow a population when you are being shot at, not paid a wage (at all) and have your kids being taken away by the authorities who had ultimate power over you. 

Well start treating them better then!

Not the fault of Britain that Australia kept up barbarism all this time.

Sort it out!!

Why can't you all agree to have  an Australia day celebrating national pride day and all the many things Australia has to be proud of,without a specific day in history? instead of celebrating an arguably negative event, at least negative to a significant portion of the population and a segment that holds a special place in Australian history.

15 minutes ago, samran said:

When people aren’t trying to score cheap political points over it, 200 odd years of dispossession takes a little bit of time. The myth of terra nulis and establishment of native title were only recognised in the early 1990s. Some of them only started getting a real wage in the 1970s after being paid in flour and tabacco by Lord Vesty. 

Nevetheless, there have been some great people along the way who have done some good.

Good news!

While you're at it, find a more humane way to deal with your Muslim immigrants. I don't want them either. How much is Papua New Guinea? Share the cost?

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Why can't you all agree to have  an Australia day celebrating national pride day and all the many things Australia has to be proud of,without a specific day in history? instead of celebrating an arguably negative event, at least negative to a significant portion of the population and a segment that holds a special place in Australian history.

Because the SJW activists wouldn't be satisfied with that, either.

Their aim is not to better the lives of Aboriginal people, but to paint Western people and Western culture as uniquely bad and evil.

Don't imagine that any token concessions about this date, or that date, could possibly extinguish the self-loathing and resentment of others that is the main driver of these activists.

That prize clown (and former PM) Kevin Rudd issued a formal government apology in 2008 to the Aboriginal people for "past wrongs" committed, but did that appease the activists? No, it encouraged them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickBradford said:

Because the SJW activists wouldn't be satisfied with that, either.

Their aim is not to better the lives of Aboriginal people, but to paint Western people and Western culture as uniquely bad and evil.

Don't imagine that any token concessions about this date, or that date, could possibly extinguish the self-loathing and resentment of others that is the main driver of these activists.

That prize clown (and former PM) Kevin Rudd issued a formal government apology in 2008 to the Aboriginal people for "past wrongs" committed, but did that appease the activists? No, it encouraged them.

That SJW activists wouldn't be satisfied is arguable but at the very least it would fortify your side's argument and if resisted expose the other side for what they are.

27 minutes ago, sirineou said:

That I think is where we will eventually end up on this. 

What most foreigners don’t get is that Australians aren’t overtly patriotic. In fact, most of us recoil from the American flag waving and chest thumping form of it or the arrogance of the poms that Grouse is fantastically showing.

The impotance of the 26th of January falls mainly to the fact that it is generally the book end to the summer holidays in Australia. One more public holiday before the kids start back at school and the parents fully start back at work after the Christmas holidays. One more day to get down to the beach and have a BBQ listening the the JJJ hottest 100. 

As a day of thinking about how awesome we are..., much less so. 

Another day wouldnt be so hard to find in he end, so long as the end of January can have that all important public holiday. 

The fact is widely acknowledged that Australians would do anything for an extra public holiday, as this spoof ad showed. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sirineou said:

What can they celebrate? I remember when they were quite good at cricket. Never mind

May be Aussie rules where the blokes run around in lady's knickers? Better not

I know, Kangaroo Day! 

Edited by Grouse

15 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Good news!

While you're at it, find a more humane way to deal with your Muslim immigrants. I don't want them either. How much is Papua New Guinea? Share the cost?

I see what you did there. Pretty sh!thiuse deflection. 

Dunno, how about we have more of them, like the bloke who is my avatar? 

Plays our native game and came second in the norm smith in the 2017 GF. 

4 minutes ago, samran said:

I see what you did there. Pretty sh!thiuse deflection. 

Dunno, how about we have more of them, like the bloke who is my avatar? 

Plays our native game and came second in the norm smith in the 2017 GF. 

It was intended as a witticism. I thought Aussies did humour? They do in Perth.

Edited by Grouse

10 minutes ago, Grouse said:

What can they celebrate? I remember when they were quite good at cricket. Never mind

May be Aussie rules where the blokes run around in lady's knickers? Better not

I know, Kangaroo Day!

I know you were kidding, but Australians have a lot to be proud about and celebrate. They took on a hostile environment and carved out a modern country.

They can celebrate Australian Unity day , celebrating all the different influences contributing to the creation and growth of the country. The Brits,the Aboriginals  the Chinese, Greeks, Italians, etc .

IMO, and please correct me if I am wrong, I am American and know litle about this issue, but it seems to me that some in Australia want to maintain British pride rather than Australian pride.  

Edited by sirineou

7 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

You seem to think that SJWs engage in rational arguments and can be influenced by being shown up for what they are.

It doesn't affect them in the slightest; they will continue to agitate for power as if nothing had happened.

Perhaps, but positive change starts with one's self. 

16 minutes ago, samran said:

That I think is where we will eventually end up on this. 

What most foreigners don’t get is that Australians aren’t overtly patriotic. In fact, most of us recoil from the American flag waving and chest thumping form of it or the arrogance of the poms that Grouse is fantastically showing.

The impotance of the 26th of January falls mainly to the fact that it is generally the book end to the summer holidays in Australia. One more public holiday before the kids start back at school and the parents fully start back at work after the Christmas holidays. One more day to get down to the beach and have a BBQ listening the the JJJ hottest 100. 

As a day of thinking about how awesome we are..., much less so. 

Another day wouldnt be so hard to find in he end, so long as the end of January can have that all important public holiday. 

The fact is widely acknowledged that Australians would do anything for an extra public holiday, as this spoof ad showed. 

Why can't you keep the book but change the title?

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Perhaps, but positive change starts with one's self. 

True.

But that's a lesson that SJWs are unable to learn; to them, everything wrong with their lives is somebody else's fault.

That's precisely why they remain so miserable and resentful.

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Why can't you keep the book but change the title?

No doubt that’s what we’ll end up doing. But we have to let the culture warriors (the poor petals that they are) have a moan about how choosing a new date will destroy the fabric of space/time. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I know you were kidding, but Australians have a lot to be proud about and celebrate. They took on a hostile environment and carved out a modern country.

They can celebrate Australian Unity day , celebrating all the different influences contributing to the creation and growth of the country. The Brits,the Aboriginals  the Chinese, Greeks, Italians, etc .

IMO, and please correct me if I am wrong, I am American and know litle about this issue, but it seems to me that some in Australia want to maintain British pride rather than Australian pride.  

They think they had it tough!

They know nowt

Ya think carving out the M62 through 'Pennines in winter wi nowt but a pick axe was a picnic!

Bloody Aussies with their sheep, Sheilas, and Chardonnay. ????

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

They think they had it tough!

They know nowt

Ya think carving out the M62 through 'Pennines in winter wi nowt but a pick axe was a picnic!

Bloody Aussies with their sheep, Sheilas, and Chardonnay. ????

You guys had pickaxes? In America we kicked our way through the Rocky Mountains , with no shoes!! all while whistling dixie  :tongue:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Carved out?  They built some cities on the beach, and then bulldozed a long, long, road, and built Perth on another beach.

Edited by ballpoint
  • Haha 1

I don't understand how Australians have allowed this progressive SJW garbage to poison their culture. I always  imagined Aussies to be tougher than that and not suffer this type of BS gladly, but it seems to be too late already. Australia is (was) potentially the last bastion of western civilisation and it's just going the way of Europe and USA. How disappointing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 348GTS said:

I don't understand how Australians have allowed this progressive SJW garbage to poison their culture. I always  imagined Aussies to be tougher than that and not suffer this type of BS gladly, but it seems to be too late already. Australia is (was) potentially the last bastion of western civilisation and it's just going the way of Europe and USA. How disappointing.

You clearly don’t know much about Australia then. 

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

Oh really ? That's quite a baseless (and incorrect) assumption you have there. So please enlighten me oh wise one. And while you're at it, explain to me why all this progressive liberal feminist lefty BS has permeated throughout the country and why Somalian street gangs are terrorizing Melbourne and Islamists are causing riots etc etc. Please explain why this has been allowed to happen then.

So knowledgeable, that you can't even get the origins of the allegedly rampaging street gangs correct. I guess they are just all black fellas to you.

Good try though fella. Sorry, reading breibart, getting daily mail updates and drinking fosters once doesn't qualify you...

Edited by samran
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1