Thai Idol Group BNK48 Member Wears Nazi Flag on Stage

rooster59

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, atyclb said:

with all due respect to those that suffered and perished by the evil of hitlers adaptation of the symbol the symbol has been around for 12000 years.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 7.32.09 PM.png

The Tee shirt was not just a swastika but a Nazi flag, but I do agree this was down to Thais being ignorant of the Nazi atrocities of the last century, I would imagine most Thai would not be able to comprehend 6 million.

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

with all due respect to those that suffered and perished by the evil of hitlers adaptation of the symbol the symbol has been around for 12000 years.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 7.32.09 PM.png

No, the Nazi swastika is unique in its tilt and colors , it is similar to the Buddhist swastika , but not the same  .

I am surprised that you didnt know that , especially after you stated how knowledgeable Westerners are about Asian history .

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Maybe the girl band should be invited to Germany to learn all about the Holocaust and it turned into a TV documentary for Thai consumption. 

They’ve already agreed to take part in Holocaust education workshop. 

Thai girl band BNK48 sorry for Nazi T-shirt controversy http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47019350

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

No, the Nazi swastika is unique in its tilt and colors , it is similar to the Buddhist swastika , but not the same  .

I am surprised that you didnt know that , especially after you stated how knowledgeable Westerners are about Asian history .

aside from moving tilt and changing color is it not essentially the same?   the average person short of analyzing and inspecting the two would see the striking similarity.  my skills as a historian did not know the tilt and colors

an analogy is the average person likely would not see the difference between a left and right isomer chemical structure.

again no disrespect for the victims of hitler

41 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Yes, I was aware of that, I thinking of taking it to higher level and educate a lot more Thais. 

That's optimistic. 

I reckon 50 years from now if Israel still exists there will be similar news stories of Thais displaying Nazi stuff for fun and the Israeli embassy calling it out.

It's kind of like cleaning house. It's never finished. 

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

They’ve already agreed to take part in Holocaust education workshop. 

Thai girl band BNK48 sorry for Nazi T-shirt controversy http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47019350

realistically speaking the thai's are unable to learn from all the road deaths in their own country, even though upfront and personal seeing loved ones die for needlessly and right in their own backyard. doubt holocaust sensitivity training will go very far if anywhere at all.   

Archived