Thai Idol Group BNK48 Member Wears Nazi Flag on Stage

rooster59

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, luckyluke said:

My wife

" I don't know/understand all those things you tell me,  I know the things I need ".

My wife :

"The world was in war, the birma came and we defeated them. The world was safe."

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I couldn't comment about the existence of the pictures, with the exception of the globe. Does it mean the kids are taught about these things though?

I somehow doubt it. Anyone I have asked can only tell me the countries that neighbour Thailand, that must be due to the nationalistic brainwashing about battles with their neighbours centuries ago.

Ask kids to point out any other countries and they won't be able to. My son's class (M2) think Africa is a country.

2 hours ago, tifino said:

none of these 'hand symbol' examples were available at very short notice!

Image result for illuminati salute  just leave the 'faces' out of the context of this Post pleez! ...

the Nazi ones are dime'a'dozen everywhere...

OMG. Obama is one too. 

Screenshot_20190127-160920~2.png

Screenshot_20190127-160939~2.png

3 hours ago, tifino said:

pity thais always have to copy copy copy

never can think for themselves

everybody else has been able to, throughout  history!

i think the girls wanted it, because 'ka' is in the word?

the boys should one up them, and wear Swastikrups

sawastikrup.png.19cdcfcf7e2eed3ada6dcce87fb13a69.png 

Nah... They then cant compete with the ups of Lapland and showing the minor, as they are, they wouldn't.
rgds,

12 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I take your point. It does seem embarrassing that Brits seems to know very little too.

In the clip it seems that one person in particular had no idea of any geography. Is this how little this generation learn at school now?

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

member of one of Thailand’s biggest pop sensations wore a Nazi German war flag replete with swastikas at a Friday performance, according to images of the event.

Sunday, 27 January

International Holocaust Remembrance Day 2019

At best the timing of this action is crass ignorance, at worst...

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Sunday, 27 January

International Holocaust Remembrance Day 2019

At best the timing of this action is crass ignorance, at worst...

at even better than best:

there's never going to be a 'better' time for the thing to have been brought out onto the stage!

6 hours ago, samsensam said:

where is the responsible adult in the room? these children must be surrounded by management, publicists, parents and the show must have a producer as well as a multitude of other staff - did no one think that it might be inappropriate ? bizarre.

"where is the responsible adult in the room? these children..."

Children?  Bizarre.

1.  She's not a child, she's 19!

2. It was worn only at a rehearsal.

17 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Western civilization doesn't have any business directing Asians what and what not to wear. It is't their axe to grind.

what about the Jews?, they might have a case having lost millions under this symbol.

6 hours ago, hansnl said:

But not the Thai, children nor adults.

And that isn't Thai bashing!

That said, do Thai people know about the Jap occupation of Thailand, the thousands of Thai murdered by the Jap, the bombing of Bangkok?

Sorry for using "Jap", big part of my family were in the camps.

Most I know would have some vague idea at best. They don't take an interest in the past like Westerners do.

Now ask ladies about LV, GUCCI, Rolex, Chanel etc and they'll quote you all the latest brand ranges, prices and what's hot.

This topic has been done to death over the years on this forum and always elicits the same responses. The ill informed who use this symbol in the Nazi context are just that... ignorant. The ancient Sauvastika used in Hinduism and Buddhism has been around for millennia. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauwastika

https://www.google.com/search?q=buddha+image+with+sauwastika&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjY2_ilwo3gAhUJqI8KHZpoBX4Q_AUIDigB&biw=1152&bih=722#imgrc=v_VpDRwdXgiV7M:

Image result for buddha image with sauwastikaimage.jpeg.a3cee2e38d08154156747adc1d16af3e.jpegImage result for buddha image with sauwastikaImage result for buddha image with sauwastika

Related image

1 hour ago, oruaM said:

I can't believe people are even arguing about this , a reference to Hindu ancient symbolism? ... LOL.. we all know Thais have no clue ...  the very rare combination of an appalling schooling system and a certain genetic predisposition to mild mental retardation is at the very core of the so called Thainess

It's a copy of the Nazi Kreigsmarine (Navy) war flag. Nothing to do with Hinduism.

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

I am quite sure that they just liked the design and were unaware of its implications .

Just a fashion mistake , rather than a Political statement .

Dont do it again, no harm done .

i am sure they have managers , PR, did they not support Prayut! no excuse, stupid apologist comment

8 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Most I know would have some vague idea at best. They don't take an interest in the past like Westerners do.

Now ask ladies about LV, GUCCI, Rolex, Chanel etc and they'll quote you all the latest brand ranges, prices and what's hot.

hot as in fake or stolen?

47 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Western civilization doesn't have any business directing Asians what and what not to wear. It is't their axe to grind.

Yes you are right about that, Asians can wear whatever they want. Of course if Asians are looking for any respect from intelligent people, after wearing this type of garbage, they will not get any. 

7 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Yes you are right about that, Asians can wear whatever they want. Of course if Asians are looking for any respect from intelligent people, after wearing this type of garbage, they will not get any. 

do intelligent peoples go to their concerts?

41 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

This topic has been done to death over the years on this forum and always elicits the same responses. The ill informed who use this symbol in the Nazi context are just that... ignorant. The ancient Sauvastika used in Hinduism and Buddhism has been around for millennia. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauwastika

https://www.google.com/search?q=buddha+image+with+sauwastika&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjY2_ilwo3gAhUJqI8KHZpoBX4Q_AUIDigB&biw=1152&bih=722#imgrc=v_VpDRwdXgiV7M:

Image result for buddha image with sauwastikaimage.jpeg.a3cee2e38d08154156747adc1d16af3e.jpegImage result for buddha image with sauwastikaImage result for buddha image with sauwastika

Related image

You are correct, but the Nazi symbol is tilted by 45 degrees, making it infamous.  The symbols that you show are common and mean something totally different.  The reality is that a Japanese "political" organization influenced the adoption of the slightly altered symbol chosen by the third reich.  That 45 degree tilt makes the difference    

32 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

It's a copy of the Nazi Kreigsmarine (Navy) war flag. Nothing to do with Hinduism.

It is indeed a copy of the German naval flag, but the swastika design on the flag is what is causing the offence to the western observers and confusion to the Thais who understand that the Buddha was a Hindu and it is an ancient symbol they regard as part of their culture.  IMHO They couldn't care less about the Nazis.

7 hours ago, thequietman said:

Oh, come on. This was mass genocide. Even the thickest westerner is aware of what went on in Cambodia, Tibet, Indonesia and currently in Myanmar.

What do thick westerners know about Asian history before 1950 other than the war with Japan ?

Archived