Thai Idol Group BNK48 Member Wears Nazi Flag on Stage

rooster59

Thai Idol Group BNK48 Member Wears Nazi Flag on Stage

By Todd Ruiz, Editor

bnktrue5wider-696x590.jpg

An image posted by True ID from a televised BNK48 rehearsal on Friday.

BANGKOK — A member of one of Thailand’s biggest pop sensations wore a Nazi German war flag replete with swastikas at a Friday performance, according to images of the event.

BNK48 has yet to respond and their publicist could not immediately be reached for comment on images showing Pichayapa “Namsai” Natha, 19, of the so-called girl idol group wearing the Nazi-themed jersey in images posted Friday from a concert rehearsal.

Update 7:40pm: The Embassy of Israel’s deputy chief of mission expressed “shock and dismay” over the outfit in a tweet at 5:30 pm. It noted that Sunday is the international day of remembrance of the victims of the Holocaust. Speaking on stage at Impact Muang Thong Thani, the performer who wore the Nazi shirt asked for people to forgive her and said she would “not let it happen again.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2019/01/26/thai-idol-group-bnk48-member-wears-nazi-flag-on-stage/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-27

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who to blame here?  What if the kids can't find Germany on a map, and never heard of Hitler?  Not really an excuse, but then do we blame the schools for not teaching the world's tragedies?  Of course, easy to blame the producers.  Fire them for sure.  Any adult that knew about this can be blamed.  Then it's about how the kids reacted.  If everyone thought these kids are clueless, then it's time for a lesson.  If everyone was super mad and offended, then harsher penalties.   How can this happen in 2019?  Well, nothing surprises me anyone.  Most kids don't know apple is a fruit, only a computer.    

2 minutes ago, puukao said:

Who to blame here?  What if the kids can't find Germany on a map, and never heard of Hitler?  Not really an excuse, but then do we blame the schools for not teaching the world's tragedies?  Of course, easy to blame the producers.  Fire them for sure.  Any adult that knew about this can be blamed.  Then it's about how the kids reacted.  If everyone thought these kids are clueless, then it's time for a lesson.  If everyone was super mad and offended, then harsher penalties.   How can this happen in 2019?  Well, nothing surprises me anyone.  Most kids don't know apple is a fruit, only a computer.    

Hitler, Second World War, Einstein, JFK, Beatles, Man on Moon, Twin Towers...................my GF (49) & her daughter (20) have no idea about them.

16 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Speaking on stage at Impact Muang Thong Thani, the performer who wore the Nazi shirt asked for people to forgive her and said she would “not let it happen again.”

Forgive them for they know not what they do!

21 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Hitler, Second World War, Einstein, JFK, Beatles, Man on Moon, Twin Towers...................my GF (49) & her daughter (20) have no idea about them.

11 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

How much do you know about Asian history?

How much do Thais know about Asian History?

24 minutes ago, wgdanson said:
28 minutes ago, puukao said:

Who to blame here?  What if the kids can't find Germany on a map, and never heard of Hitler?  Not really an excuse, but then do we blame the schools for not teaching the world's tragedies?  Of course, easy to blame the producers.  Fire them for sure.  Any adult that knew about this can be blamed.  {snipped}

You beat me to it.

Nearly thirty years ago my Thai girlfriend at the time was the first person I met never to have heard of Hitler.

11 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Oh, come on. This was mass genocide. Even the thickest westerner is aware of what went on in Cambodia, Tibet, Indonesia and currently in Myanmar.

Ask teenage Westerners why this flag is offensive to some Asians and see whether they know or not .

Image result for japanese flag of war

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

How much do you know about Asian history?

I am going to try to answer this.....if horribly wrong, well, who cares.  I will jump around because my brain is very old.....I will NOT go in chronological order, because I am too lazy.  I will NOT google anything, if wrong, wrong.

1.  Confucius was maybe around 850 AD.  maybe BC.  lol. 

2.  Genghis Khan and his gang was around 1200 to 1400 maybe, killed maybe 100 million.  

3.  Chinese dynasties.....I only remember the Qing.  You have a zillion factions, they all fight, few rebellions and then a sort-of unifed China around after the Manchus and the Han battled it out on the NE coast of the country.  Capitol changing again from Nanking to now Beijing.

4.  Religious civil war, China, 1800's.....maybe 80 million died.  Guy thought he was Jesus's brother.  Brits involved.  

5.  Same period with Opium wars, two wars.  Brits need tea, own parts of India, use tea company to harvest opium and sell to Chinese.  China then outlaws opium after like 20 million get hooked.  

6.  Korean war, all i know. 1950.  no need to go too much into this one.  go up north, china gets involved, go way down south. DMZ.  USA leaves.  50k american soldiers die, maybe 1 million chinese die.  not sure.

7.  vietnam war.  besides the obvious, this lead to Cambodia's genocide where 25% died.  you wore glasses, killed.  and the bombing in Laos.  And china and russia supplied the north of vietnam.  communism, protests in America, napalm....most know about the tet-offensive.  etc.

8. indonesia.  maybe cia-backed suharto overthrows suharno and wipes out about 1 million indonesian-chinese-communists.  military coup.  maybe around 1970.  maybe a little later.  might make sense if around 1975 and right after saigon falls.  

9.  thailand history.  1200 and lanna kingdom, maybe.  1288 rings a bell.  wars started where south cambodia is now....i only read one thing on this country's history.  now forgot.  lol.  maybe a small faction fought over rice.   khmer and thais fought, not sure why.  anyhow...

10.  phillipines.  colonized by America.  mess.  i'm sure big catholic influence, maybe from Spain.  religious mess.  not sure

11.  japan.  backwards until around 1890, with shoguns and no idea other countries were industrialized.  then i think after seeing the Americans ships around 1880 (america looking to buy some whale blubber or something for a light source)  they created all kinds of weapons, killed tons of religious nut jobs, went to war with russia around 1905 against the gatlin gun (oh yes, chinese created gunpowder, i think), and the rest is history.   WW2 should be obvious to most.  

12.  india's history.  really no idea except brits colonization.  not sure about hinduism's history.

13.  China.....just remember the cultural revolution maybe 1949.  oh, and japan's invasion around 1937. or 36.  and the "great leap forward" by Mao, and how Mao and Stalin interacted.  long story.

14.  no idea on malaysia and singapore, and won't go too much into Hong Kong and Taiwan. Taiwan housed the Chinese democratic leader.  ah....forget.  Hong Kong opium wars gifted to the Brits for a bit.  

ok, done for now.  probably missed a ton.  but no sense covering the bombing raids on Japan or China, or the endless rapes and murders within all these countries.  

and technology.  will have to think what china created. i think gunpowder, leading to cannons, and who knows what else.  

there was a big rebellion in China.  the An .......  and I forget.  General went crazy, went after the capitol that was near Chungduu or somewhere and got trapped by the topography and help from the east.  then his associates killed him.  he controlled beijing.  maybe 80 million died when they fought each other.  anyhow...

i tried

7 minutes ago, puukao said:

I am going to try to answer this.....if horribly wrong, well, who cares.  I will jump around because my brain is very old.....I will NOT go in chronological order, because I am too lazy.  I will NOT google anything, if wrong, wrong.

1.  Confucius was maybe around 850 AD.  maybe BC.  lol. 

2.  Genghis Khan and his gang was around 1200 to 1400 maybe, killed maybe 100 million.  

3.  Chinese dynasties.....I only remember the Qing.  You have a zillion factions, they all fight, few rebellions and then a sort-of unifed China around after the Manchus and the Han battled it out on the NE coast of the country.  Capitol changing again from Nanking to now Beijing.

4.  Religious civil war, China, 1800's.....maybe 80 million died.  Guy thought he was Jesus's brother.  Brits involved.  

5.  Same period with Opium wars, two wars.  Brits need tea, own parts of India, use tea company to harvest opium and sell to Chinese.  China then outlaws opium after like 20 million get hooked.  

6.  Korean war, all i know. 1950.  no need to go too much into this one.  go up north, china gets involved, go way down south. DMZ.  USA leaves.  50k american soldiers die, maybe 1 million chinese die.  not sure.

7.  vietnam war.  besides the obvious, this lead to Cambodia's genocide where 25% died.  you wore glasses, killed.  and the bombing in Laos.  And china and russia supplied the north of vietnam.  communism, protests in America, napalm....most know about the tet-offensive.  etc.

8. indonesia.  maybe cia-backed suharto overthrows suharno and wipes out about 1 million indonesian-chinese-communists.  military coup.  maybe around 1970.  maybe a little later.  might make sense if around 1975 and right after saigon falls.  

9.  thailand history.  1200 and lanna kingdom, maybe.  1288 rings a bell.  wars started where south cambodia is now....i only read one thing on this country's history.  now forgot.  lol.  maybe a small faction fought over rice.   khmer and thais fought, not sure why.  anyhow...

10.  phillipines.  colonized by America.  mess.  i'm sure big catholic influence, maybe from Spain.  religious mess.  not sure

11.  japan.  backwards until around 1890, with shoguns and no idea other countries were industrialized.  then i think after seeing the Americans ships around 1880 (america looking to buy some whale blubber or something for a light source)  they created all kinds of weapons, killed tons of religious nut jobs, went to war with russia around 1905 against the gatlin gun (oh yes, chinese created gunpowder, i think), and the rest is history.   WW2 should be obvious to most.  

12.  india's history.  really no idea except brits colonization.  not sure about hinduism's history.

13.  China.....just remember the cultural revolution maybe 1949.  oh, and japan's invasion around 1937. or 36.  and the "great leap forward" by Mao, and how Mao and Stalin interacted.  long story.

14.  no idea on malaysia and singapore, and won't go too much into Hong Kong and Taiwan. Taiwan housed the Chinese democratic leader.  ah....forget.  Hong Kong opium wars gifted to the Brits for a bit.  

ok, done for now.  probably missed a ton.  but no sense covering the bombing raids on Japan or China, or the endless rapes and murders within all these countries.  

and technology.  will have to think what china created. i think gunpowder, leading to cannons, and who knows what else.  

there was a big rebellion in China.  the An .......  and I forget.  General went crazy, went after the capitol that was near Chungduu or somewhere and got trapped by the topography and help from the east.  then his associates killed him.  he controlled beijing.  maybe 80 million died when they fought each other.  anyhow...

i tried

I must say, that's a lot more than many would know, you've done some reading in your time obviously, many haven't. 

34 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Oh, come on. This was mass genocide. Even the thickest westerner is aware of what went on in Cambodia, Tibet, Indonesia and currently in Myanmar.

The point about it being mass genocide is a good & valid one, but I have to agree with another poster on here, I've met many Westerners in Thailand who don't knew their arse from their elbow with regards to history. 

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

I do hope you gave them an education and sat them around the gramophone one evening and explained to them who Eleanor Rigby was  and who the Walrus really was and who was the egg man.

1 hour ago, puukao said:

They certainly are not kids, although that is the image that is cultivated.

All of them are above 18, most of them 21 or older.

52 minutes ago, thequietman said:

But not the Thai, children nor adults.

And that isn't Thai bashing!

That said, do Thai people know about the Jap occupation of Thailand, the thousands of Thai murdered by the Jap, the bombing of Bangkok?

Sorry for using "Jap", big part of my family were in the camps.

Archived