Thai Idol Group BNK48 Member Wears Nazi Flag on Stage

rooster59

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Karlsson said:

Maybe its because Thais dont get the same indoctrination as Westerners.

Maybe because opposite to the French and the English, the Germans never tried to colonalize and enslave Asian People ?

I think they need more Jewish led Media and Universitys to make them know the unbiased Version of History.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/German_New_Guinea

I don;t think the Germans went to New Guinea for a holiday

10 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Hitler, Second World War, Einstein, JFK, Beatles, Man on Moon, Twin Towers...................my GF (49) & her daughter (20) have no idea about them.

Hitler runs our local German Restaurant, Second War was after the First. Einstein made quality Piano's. JFKs an Airport. Beatles are killed with Shieldtox. Man on Moon is Gay.Twin Towers are 2 Sauce Pans. Leave them Kids Alone.

10 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Hitler, Second World War, Einstein, JFK, Beatles, Man on Moon, Twin Towers...................my GF (49) & her daughter (20) have no idea about them.

None of those affects them so why should they care? Just the way Thais don't bother themselves with something that doesn't concern them and they can't have any influence over. Living in ignorance isn't the western way but it keeps the locals smiling. Knowing nothing about anything is like a sedative for them.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

None of those affects them so why should they care? Just the way Thais don't bother themselves with something that doesn't concern them and they can't have any influence over. Living in ignorance isn't the western way but it keeps the locals smiling. Knowing nothing about anything is like a sedative for them.

but, being told as much, especially by a falang, gives them headache...

... don't tell them they lost the war!

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just the way Thais don't bother themselves with something that doesn't concern them and they can't have any influence over.

Like telling the local farmer to stop burning his field, or a 'dirty truck' driver to get off the road. They don't think it concerns them personally.....until they are in hospital with lung disease, or their kids are.

Sorry I know it's off topic, but there isn't a 'getting it off my chest' forum. 

2 hours ago, csitruths said:

you give them too much credit surely they are just copying Kpop?

Ironic that people complain about Asian ignorance of western culture and history and then think AKB copies Kpop, it's the other way around. Idol music started in Japan in the 70's and there were groups like AKB long before they were formed. The most famous is morning mutsume.

11 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:
11 hours ago, wgdanson said:

How much do you know about Asian history?

i would say a high % of westerners are somewhat familiar with asian war history, vietnam, china, mao tse tung, ho chi min, hun sen, khmer rouge figures and history/pol pat, war and japan, etc etc. 

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

i would say a high % of westerners are somewhat familiar with asian war history, vietnam, china, mao tse tung, ho chi min, hun sen, khmer rouge figures and history/pol pat, war and japan, etc etc. 

But my GF just said Vietnam....oh go there for border run, China is where all tourists come from, Mao Tse who.....is he drunk? , Ho Chi what, is Khmer Rouge a make-up colour, 

11 hours ago, puukao said:

Who to blame here?  What if the kids can't find Germany on a map, and never heard of Hitler?  Not really an excuse, but then do we blame the schools for not teaching the world's tragedies?  Of course, easy to blame the producers.  Fire them for sure.  Any adult that knew about this can be blamed.  Then it's about how the kids reacted.  If everyone thought these kids are clueless, then it's time for a lesson.  If everyone was super mad and offended, then harsher penalties.   How can this happen in 2019?  Well, nothing surprises me anyone.  Most kids don't know apple is a fruit, only a computer.    

Not really an excuse? 

We learn all about what Nazi germany did to us in Europe, but we barely learn anything about what Japan did because it didn't happen in Europe. We need to stop thinking Europe as the center point of the world and just assume everyone knows what happens there. 

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Ask teenage Westerners why this flag is offensive to some Asians and see whether they know or not .

Image result for japanese flag of war

This... try waving that around in Nanking, China. If westerners know about what Japan did in Asia it's probably because of Hollywood rather then education. 

Everyone needs to take a chill pill. The girl in question apologized and said she wouldn't let it happen again. She was clearly not informed about that war crimes associated with that flag.

19 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Although I doubt it's a HIGH %... 

Don't forget that those wars the west was very much involved. Thailand, and most asian countries had zero involvement with the European part of either WW's. 

2 minutes ago, GeoMill said:

Although I doubt it's a HIGH %... 

Don't forget that those wars the west was very much involved. Thailand, and most asian countries had zero involvement with the European part of either WW's. 

i dont disagree with your point but in other societies (not just western) there exists something called "intellectual curiosity"  people form japan, singapore, hong kong are examples of such.

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

You are correct, but the Nazi symbol is tilted by 45 degrees, making it infamous.  The symbols that you show are common and mean something totally different.  The reality is that a Japanese "political" organization influenced the adoption of the slightly altered symbol chosen by the third reich.  That 45 degree tilt makes the difference    

pic top right, the image is reversed so the swastika points in the same direction as the nazi flag.

I have always found it intensely annoying how quick the Israeli propaganda machine is to jump on these stories to perpetuate their right to occupy a land where they do not belong.

I was explain to my wife today about the Jews, Zionism (especially pre war Zionism) and the creation of Israel after the war. When you explain it to someone in basic terms you start to realize how utterly outrageous it is that Israel was ever allowed to be created (and what kind of coercion would of been needed). My wife asked me if Jewish people were from Israel. I explained that no they were not but they were a religion that wanted there own country and so they occupied what is now Israel and kicked out the people that were already there. She could not get her head around this and neither could I as I tried to explain it. It is absurd and completely unjust.

You think less majeste is archaic? Well you can also be jailed for denying the holocaust ever happened...far worse than less majeste in my opinion (I am not a denier but I do resent the occupation of Palestine and the way the Jewish community is so quick to perpetuate the story of their persecution (but leave out the bit about more Russians and Poles dying in the camps than Jews).

41 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

I have always found it intensely annoying how quick the Israeli propaganda machine is to jump on these stories to perpetuate their right to occupy a land where they do not belong.

I was explain to my wife today about the Jews, Zionism (especially pre war Zionism) and the creation of Israel after the war. When you explain it to someone in basic terms you start to realize how utterly outrageous it is that Israel was ever allowed to be created (and what kind of coercion would of been needed). My wife asked me if Jewish people were from Israel. I explained that no they were not but they were a religion that wanted there own country and so they occupied what is now Israel and kicked out the people that were already there. She could not get her head around this and neither could I as I tried to explain it. It is absurd and completely unjust.

You think less majeste is archaic? Well you can also be jailed for denying the holocaust ever happened...far worse than less majeste in my opinion (I am not a denier but I do resent the occupation of Palestine and the way the Jewish community is so quick to perpetuate the story of their persecution (but leave out the bit about more Russians and Poles dying in the camps than Jews).

Not only that's not really what happend. Jews do historically originate from Israel. 

55 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

Did you also tell her that Jews have constantly been living in the land of Israel for 2500 years and that there was no country called Palestine and never has been and that many Palestinians migrated to the land of Israel and that 1 million Palestinian Arabs live happily in Israel with equal rights to Jews  and the only problem is with the Arabs who want to replace Jewish Israel with a Muslim Arab Palestine and that the Arab world are using the Palestinians to attack the Jewish state and did you also explain to her about Thailand annexing southern Thailand Muslim states ?

Anyway , lets get back on topic  

2 hours ago, GeoMill said:

Not really an excuse? 

We learn all about what Nazi germany did to us in Europe, but we barely learn anything about what Japan did because it didn't happen in Europe. We need to stop thinking Europe as the center point of the world and just assume everyone knows what happens there. 

This... try waving that around in Nanking, China. If westerners know about what Japan did in Asia it's probably because of Hollywood rather then education. 

Everyone needs to take a chill pill. The girl in question apologized and said she wouldn't let it happen again. She was clearly not informed about that war crimes associated with that flag.

The Japanese don’t even know what they did during world war 2. They have their own version. Least the Germans took responsibility. 

Hogan's Heroes did a lot of diluting the seriousness of the war in Europe - in that the result was that many perceived the POWs the Nazis had an easy holiday in comparison to those POWs of the Japanese. It was never a competition.

At the same time on the TV; McHales Navy was all one saw of the Pacific, as a comedy, and the only POW was a Japanese, who enjoyed the ride.

Nazis in Vichy France were represented by those in 'Allo 'Allo 

Peter Sellers looked after WW2 Nazi targetted comedy, in the cinema i.e (Soft Beds and Hard Battles) 

Archived