Thai Idol Group BNK48 Member Wears Nazi Flag on Stage

rooster59

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Until five years ago we had a phone box outside our house with a swastika on it.

Somehow in an Issan village I doubt it was the work of Neo-Nazi sympathisers:

house-3-7-2015-phonebox-1110w.jpg.8a3a43071e4135feda889575581a75c6.jpg

but it isn't one of the latter contemporary 'off' at the evil 45 degrees angle setting...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

For those who have never seen them here they are performing fortune cookie, a poor facsimile IMO of the original Akb48 hit, but no swastikas!

Yes. I will be sure to watch them when I find some time. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, tifino said:
8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Until five years ago we had a phone box outside our house with a swastika on it.

Somehow in an Issan village I doubt it was the work of Neo-Nazi sympathisers:

house-3-7-2015-phonebox-1110w.jpg.8a3a43071e4135feda889575581a75c6.jpg

but it isn't one of the latter contemporary 'off' at the evil 45 degrees angle setting...

True, I didn't see the graffiti being added.

If they were from the evil club, perhaps they were missing a protractor, or just had a lousy sense of direction?

surprising, that all the 100s of ppl around, organizers, stage ppl, other performers, family, friends....and not a single one pointed it out to her before the act that it may not be the best outfit choice?

or was this a planned little incident to garner media attention to Thailand Idol?

surely it is not bellow to such programs, the past shown that.

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I've been in several Thai schools. Never seen pictures of Hitler or Stalin. None of my three stepchildren have been taught anything about WW2. One of them is currently at Uni.

You really need to stop making stories up to suit your agenda.

Have visited over 20 different government schools (hundreds of classrooms) and charts with pictures of Hitler, Stalin and others and a globe were in most classrooms I saw.  We have a teachers forum here on Thai Visa ask them. 

1 hour ago, asiaexpat said:

Having told my Uncle I am living in Thailand, he asked if I have learned to speak Chinese yet. Most Americans can not even tell where Thailand is located on a map, let alone any history.

About thirty years ago I sent a letter airmail to a Thai address. I went into my local post office in the UK.

The woman weighed it, crossed out 'Thailand' and wrote 'Taiwan', telling me I'd spelt it incorrectly.

I told her it was definitely going to Thailand, upon which she told me she'd never even heard of it.

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

About thirty years ago I sent a letter airmail to a Thai address. I went into my local post office in the UK.

The woman weighed it, crossed out 'Thailand' and wrote 'Taiwan', telling me I'd spelt it incorrectly.

I told her it was definitely going to Thailand, upon which she told me she'd never even heard of it.

I sometimes wish i'd never hear of it either ????

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

30years! - hows about less than six months ago, in a Melbourne Aust post office - same thing!

She didn't cross it out on the official mail label, but simply embellished a big thick texta 'TAIWAN', all over the sticky tape wrappings on the parcel!  luckily the scribble was sooo large! that I had the chance to see it, and put a Stop to proceedings!

'dee doo dee doo dee doo dee doo... 

6 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Have visited over 20 different government schools (hundreds of classrooms) and charts with pictures of Hitler, Stalin and others and a globe were in most classrooms I saw.  We have a teachers forum here on Thai Visa ask them. 

I couldn't comment about the existence of the pictures, with the exception of the globe. Does it mean the kids are taught about these things though?

I somehow doubt it. Anyone I have asked can only tell me the countries that neighbour Thailand, that must be due to the nationalistic brainwashing about battles with their neighbours centuries ago.

Ask kids to point out any other countries and they won't be able to. My son's class (M2) think Africa is a country.

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

The Japanese are actually trying to rebrand this into clothing and such. It is worrying.

This is one of my favourite T-shirts.   I took it back the UK and my mother was horrified by it.  To me it's just a cool design and I like the colours.  

IMG_20190127_120734.jpg

This suspected stunt on world holocaust day is on par with the well choreographed wardrobe malfunctions elsewhere which serve the purpose for which they are actually intended.

In this particular case the wearer is unlikely to have known what the flag meant and was almost certainly set up in order to k(l)ick-$tart those professionally outraged netizens.

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

This stunt on world holocaust day is on par with the well choreographed wardrobe malfunctions elsewhere which serve the purpose for which they are actually intended.

In this particular case the wearer is unlikely to have known what the flag meant and was almost certainly set up in order to k(l)ick-$tart those professionally outraged netizens.

Such comments like this that it was a deliberate stunt are wrong. For one thing they do not NEED to pull stunts, with the 48 franchise behind them and plenty of advertising why would they court controversy? it's just an ignorant mistake by an unaware kid surrounded by similar adults.

Education?? my partner a Filipino is a cover teacher at a very large School when asked to cover for absent science teacher she asked me to help construct equipment for experiments

When I asked why this basic gear wasn't available in the school labs she replied they have no labs!

This school teaches from age 3-18 as a newcomer I was astonished but as time passes I am learning ????

I am quite sure that they just liked the design and were unaware of its implications .
Just a fashion mistake , rather than a Political statement .
Dont do it again, no harm done .

I am sure that by now Thais know the implications of the Natzies.

There have been so many cases of using the swastika here and there, and kids dressing in Natzi uniforms. Each time these incidents are reported in the press and then followed by an apology.

I don't think it is a political statement, but just pure stupidity or not thinking.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

I am quite sure that they just liked the design and were unaware of its implications .

Just a fashion mistake , rather than a Political statement .

Dont do it again, no harm done .

Agree with you, they had no idea. It's unbelievable the lack of fashion weariness people have, sometimes they were T-Shirts with slogans calling for "special" favors, "special" service offers, offensive wording, anti- (something) and sometimes very funny ones.... understand their lack of knowledge /understanding of the English language but see it in other languages as well

My Thai Wife told me that until she was eleven (now 55) she had been led to believe that Thailand was 'The World' and there was nothing of consequence outside it.   Then one day a Monk visited the School who had travelled widely and showed the Children pictures of other Countries and an Encyclopedia; the Teacher wasn't interested and retired to the Staff Room.

The Kids were so excited by this wonderment and my Wife rushed home to tell her Parents about what she had learned.  Her Mother was working in the Village Market but her Father was at home and she excitedly told him her news.  His response was  '' Don't take any notice of that sort of rubbish; go and help your Mother in the Market ''.    So much for Thai Education and Parenting skills !

2 hours ago, dpspike said:

We can thank the Thai education system for making sure this pop bimbo doesn't have a clue about world history. She probably thinks Victory Monument actually commemorates Thailand's defeat of the Japanese invasion. 555

More likely she has no clue there ever was a Japanese Invasion....unless it comes up on her Facebook or Line page !

6 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Maybe the girl was trying to reclaim the origins of the symbol. It is, after all, 12,000 years old and for all but a handful of years by the Nazis, was and is a symbol which depicts peace and goodness.

Obvious I'd agree about the origin of the swasitka, but to claim a member of a pop group was trying to reclaim it - good try, ha ha!

I think the Nazis had more marketing success with it when they used it on their world tour.

I can't believe people are even arguing about this , a reference to Hindu ancient symbolism? ... LOL.. we all know Thais have no clue ...  the very rare combination of an appalling schooling system and a certain genetic predisposition to mild mental retardation is at the very core of the so called Thainess

My wife has a small swastika tattooed on her shoulder. It looks like a swastika, it is a swastika.

She has no idea what the word "swastika" means. She's never heard of Hitler or Nazis. To her it's a Buddhist good luck symbol.

The shirt the brain-dead dancing girl is wearing is not an Asian spiritual symbol it is styled from a NAZI battle standard.

Archived