Thai Police

NE1

49 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Yes I am tolerant of it , but does that make it right when the police should think of figures before childrens  safety?

everything is a quota, numbers have to be controlled, too many complains next year budget reduced

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

or are those exhausts actually illegal in general? I forgot.

At least there is a check of sound level at the annual inspection (from 5 years on).

And from time to time you find headlines about checks for loud motorbikes, particularly on the road racing raids.

But who cares about legal driving.

Just don't bother about tax/insurance/inspection.

Edited by KhunBENQ

You are right there!

Most of the villages I have lived in here are more noisy than the city, with endless parties, weddings, funerals, festivals, temple days, karaoke singing, banging base music, dogs barking, roosters crowing, car engines and bikes revving up, random fireworks banging, drunk people shouting and arguing, sawing up steel, hammering, angle grinding, red earth lorries thundering past, rice harvester tractors honking their horns throughout the night, geese honking, cats screaming, babies crying, and some loud birds repetitive 'wow wow wow wow' 24 / 7 and frogs and crickets / cicadas ear slitting 'singing'.  

Brilliant

I normally only last 3 days at the mother in laws, for all those reasons.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Most of the villages I have lived in here are more noisy than the city, with endless parties, weddings, funerals, festivals, temple days, karaoke singing, banging base music, dogs barking, roosters crowing, car engines and bikes revving up, random fireworks banging, drunk people shouting and arguing, sawing up steel, hammering, angle grinding, red earth lorries thundering past, rice harvester tractors honking their horns throughout the night, geese honking, cats screaming, babies crying, and some loud birds repetitive 'wow wow wow wow' 24 / 7 and frogs and crickets / cicadas ear slitting 'singing'. 

I am starting to appreciate my Jomtien condo even more.

1 minute ago, SamuiGeezer said:

4 hours every 6 months is enough for me!

Where do you have to travel to? We are only 88km away from them so it's difficult to excuse ourselves for longer periods between visits. Once we leave we normally go to a coffee shop and I ask my Mrs to leave the village ideas there. I wish I never understood the little I do understand as all they do is disagree with each other automatically. No one is ever right or wrong. Her Dad gets a bit upset with me sometimes cos if they talk too much whilst we're eating I will say something "phut maak" I'm pretty sure he's only offended as he does not have the balls to say it and he should have said a lot which he chose not to do.

4 hours ago, NE1 said:

Somebody mentioned the kids on noisy bikes coming to and from school and at night time . 

The police response " what can we do , people have to learn to relax and not complain to much "

I don't see anything wrong with that, let the kids be kids, relax and stop complaining.

I like the tolerance of (most of ) Thai people, the more i stay in Thailand, the more i appreciate it.

If you don't like it, go home :tongue:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I don't see anything wrong with that, let the kids be kids, relax and stop complaining.

I like the tolerance of (most of ) Thai people, the more i stay in Thailand, the more i appreciate it.

If you don't like it, go home :tongue:

And what if your kids try to study but they can't because of all those pesky noise motobikes coming along?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thequietman said:

This response is because they (cops) are in fact, relaxing at the bar as they don't 'work' after 5 o'clock unless absolutely necessary even though they are on the night shift. Ring the cop shop at night to find out xactly what I mean.

A useless shower of barstewarts the lot of them.

Isn't "Police Work" an oxymoron?

11 hours ago, thequietman said:

Yes, they are illegal modifications and break the law regarding decibels of sound. They could stop bikes, ask for licence and insurance and issue a warning that if the bike is stopped again with the exhaust, it will be impounded.

But hey! that's police work - REAL police work and so doesn't happen here.

So are those three-wheel things, but the roads are infested with them. They're a festering nuisance, hardly any have lights or indicators and they're underpowered so go dead slow, but take up nearly the same road space as a car. 

• Like 1