Thai Police

NE1

12 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I can understand the bikes thing but the visit local hospital is criminal advice.

Just wondering what 'big joke' will do about scenarios like this when he's the national top cop.

He seems to be unafraid to tackle many things, and unafraid to call a spade a spade. 

post 26, HELLO

The children can very well relax while respecting their surroundings.
  The parent or those in charge have to teach them respect for the other.
We live in community.
  We're not antisocial, children or not.
Education is learned from an early age.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

And what if your kids try to study but they can't because of all those pesky noise motobikes coming along?

The world will never be perfect, i don't think that repression is the solution.

Take the US, for example, the Police is very efficient there, but still, it does look far from perfection.

A fair society must have the roots in the family and in the education system, but feel free to think different.

12 hours ago, Mavideol said:

don't have the right to be sic or die after dark

In the UK years ago I needed hospital treatment and went to the accident & emergency depertment, this just happened to be on a Sunday, I was in agony but was told by the reception area I shouldn’t get sick on a Sunday, I wasn’t amused. Didn’t need surgery just very strong painkillersand antibiotics consequently I was off work for nearly two weeks.

Not only Thailand..

In the late 70's London police were told to cut their crime rate.

Should you have a break in or any similar non violent crime you had to go to the police station to report it.

On arrival you would be greeted by one small room overcrowded with a few chairs and others standing.There would be one solitary,young female recruit painstakingly writing every detail down..[I went to report some young thugs that threw a brick through my car window from a bridge whilst I was driving]

I waited more than one hour and while waiting the door opened a few times by members of the public who looked in,saw the queue and went away.When I was called to the small window I asked the girl why there was no-one else to take people's report..She immediately burst into her prepared tirade of why am I  getting all this verbal',? etc etc...I pointed out that I had used no verbal but was asking a polite reasonable question'...she had no prepared answer to this but carried on with her 'why am I getting all this verbal ?'speech......Obviously much non violent crime never got reported [waste of time] and the police superintendent was probably awarded for 'cutting crime in his district'.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NE1 said:

I know this stuff sounds hard to believe , in the end the villagers asked the police , " if this was their attitude , why did they even bother coming to the meeting "

They did not listen as usual,  The police response was " what can we do , people have to learn to relax and not complain to much "  ????

the villagers want them to fix the noise problem and the police want the villagers to avoid the major hospital to keep the numbers down.

Do the Thais know about the old saying "you scratch my back and i will scratch yours"

If they no help with the noise then all villagers report to the big hospital ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

So are those three-wheel things, but the roads are infested with them. They're a festering nuisance, hardly any have lights or indicators and they're underpowered so go dead slow, but take up nearly the same road space as a car. 

Especially those ones who sell dusters made of chickenfeathers...boy do i despise them...always blocking traffic and they think they are the boss of the roads.

The problem of hooligan brain dead gofers on bikes with illegally modified exhausts can easily be solved. The police tell all the village headman to announce , on the 1st of the month, during their morning loud speaker chat, that the police will confiscate bikes with illegal exhausts if they are not fixed by the end of the month.  Self policing I think its called.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NE1 said:

Yes I am tolerant of it , but does that make it right when the police should think of figures before childrens  safety?

This is the kind of contempt for the "sheeple", cascading down from the highest echelons of power, which has propelled Donald Trump into power, sparked Brexit and is fuelling the rise of the right across Europe.

Sooner or later, even in places like Thailand, the worms turn. And so they should.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, fruitman said:

And what if your kids try to study but they can't because of all those pesky noise motobikes coming along?

Come on, as mouGR1 said 'Let kids be kids'.

Go out buy all yours motorbikes, f***k the studying.   LOL

Edited by wgdanson

If it’s underage unlicensed drivers it should be a concern. Telling them it’s ok to break laws can lead to other crimes. 

I read awhile ago many children in villages drop out of school or  

maybe there is no other option if little money and low grades.

The article said a high percentage of children that drop out wnd up in jail selling drugs and other crimes. 

There should be more of an effort to give every child an opportunity to an education. Children should be required to

attend at least through High School 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:22 AM, thequietman said:

Yes, they are illegal modifications and break the law regarding decibels of sound. They could stop bikes, ask for licence and insurance and issue a warning that if the bike is stopped again with the exhaust, it will be impounded.

But hey! that's police work - REAL police work and so doesn't happen here.

The police don't want things like that to be fixed.  They want to be able to fine them over and over.

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, RickG16 said:

Unless it is illegal to use those loud exhausts at night... what can they do? Serious question....... or are those exhausts actually illegal in general? I forgot.

They are illegal............what they can do is confiscate the motorcycles for five days then the parents have to come to the police station and pay the fine, make it 5000 baht.  and make the kids riding them sweep the streets for the five days their Moto is in custody................but in Thailand, that would happen only in my dreams. 

Once in Beijing, I started crossing the road against the light, the policeman waived his baton at me to come over - I had to direct pedestrian traffic for 20 minutes for breaking the law, until a kid about 12 did the same thing, I handed the baton to him.  Do you think they would do that in Thailand???  Not no, but hell no. 

• Like 2

On 1/27/2019 at 8:40 PM, CGW said:

So, in a nutshell, people have been indoctrinated to be subservient and accepting, don't try to change the "status quo"  :shock1:

well the Thai's put up with a corrupt police force, they get what they put up with.  

On 1/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, mauGR1 said:

Take the US, for example, the Police is very efficient there, but still, it does look far from perfection.

A fair society must have the roots in the family and in the education system, but feel free to think different.

yep, a Yank cop would probably just shoot them. That's efficiency for you. 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:
On 1/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, mauGR1 said:

yep, a Yank cop would probably just shoot them. That's efficiency for you. 

That's not the kind of efficiency i agree with, perhaps you didn't understand my post.