Advice lacking for sexually active teens

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of only cheap narrative here, why don't we get proactive and do something.  Ok, so now we have all acknowledged it, that's so sweet, but nothing has or will change unless we talkers really do something beyond sit here and type on our expensive digital devices.... "Talk is cheap because it exceeds the demand"

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Not necessarily true for Thai teen girls and boys, and my adult Thai son and his Thai wife just mentioned many families seriously forbid their teen kids to have condoms. 

Probably because they think that if they have them, they're more likely to use them.

14 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Instead of only cheap narrative here, why don't we get proactive and do something.  Ok, so now we have all acknowledged it, that's so sweet, but nothing has or will change unless we talkers really do something beyond sit here and type on our expensive digital devices.... "Talk is cheap because it exceeds the demand"

Ok Mike, why don't you give it a go; hang around teenagers & give out condoms.

I'm sure you'll get a result.

Meanwhile in one of those "immoral" western countries:

Germany’s Federal Government wants to make it easier for young women to prevent contraception: The “anti-baby pill” should soon be free of charge until the age of 22. So far, the statutory health insurance paid the pill only up to the age of 20 years.

41 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

You suggest they were raped?

If they get pregnant between 10 and 14, they are hardly able to give informed consent, so ...yes!

(Come to think about it: even the 30 year olds are not able to give INFORMED consent!)

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

So many anti-life posters.

Young women giving birth is entirely natural, most Thais finish education at age 12 or 15 so why not?

...and many finish brain development at 8!

That's why not!

1) no sex- ed

2) babies are sooooo cutesy!

3) no responsibility on the side of the father! Ever!

4) babies being "parked" with parents!

5) women are still 2nd class- citizens!

6) children are still equal to old age pension!

So...yeah...TIT!

Sadly!

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I was lead to believe some years ago Incest was rife up in sticky rice land

Not quite the point but do some research and you'll find that incest is and always has been extremely rampant in every country.

One of my male buddies at high school revealed (at about 17 yrs old) that his family had regular 'family sex and love'; father, mother, my buddy and his slightly older brother and sister all involved in every configuration of heterosexual, homosexual and incest configuration, 3 somes, 4 somes, whole family in the act either watching or participating.  

Talk to some long term researchers involved in children and family services etc., in any country, they will tell you incest and cases similar to my paragraph above are rampant, the numbers of incidents, one-off and long-term very regular, are way way beyond what most folks realize. 

Doesn't make it OK but it does happen. 

46 minutes ago, mike787 said:

And what also doesn't help is farang sex tourists and farang living in Thailand who are always on the prowl in bars or wherever for underage girls.

There's news items regularly about raids on brothels, bars, massage venues etc., (catering to Thai and farang customers) mentioning how many underage / very underage girls were found on the premises. If there wasn't a demand they wouldn't be there.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is of course also the problem that lots of Thai girls (nearly all of them?) think that having babies is just wonderful. It seems they see babies as kind of toys to play with. And many girls want babies but it seems they never thought about the cost and that it's a full time job to take care of them.

Based on what I have learned from speaking with numerous bar girls and various prostitutes, it's grandma and grandpa that end up raising the kids while the new Mom is off to BKK, Pattaya, Koh Samui, or Phuket to get a "job" to send money home to support the child. It's a mutually beneficial system, whereby the old folks on the rice farm have a mechanism to gain some regular income (in a country with little or no social welfare available), and the mothers attain freedom and independence far away from what little parental control exists at home (to enjoy all the fun drinking, sex, shopping malls, etc). This is all fairly well ingrained in Thai culture. If the young girl is not from a well-to-do family, she probably isn't going to fetch much of marriage dowry anyway. Once the first baby comes, chances of a marriage dowry become even more remote, unless she finds some foreigner who is anxious to marry a younger woman despite having someone else's kid. Thai men are much more reluctant to overlook the kid than we farangs. There are likely other reasons young Thai girls are getting pregnant so frequently, but you can't discount the impact that pimping out their daughters has on the general acceptance of bearing children out of wedlock. Sorry if that sounds rude or mean spirited. I think it's a truly regretable situation. But I'm just reporting my observations. Draw your own conclusions.

Of course, can't say I mind it all really, since there is an endless supply of new girls in town to choose from ????

2 hours ago, Denim said:

As for maths , if I go in a hardware store and buy 2 items they invariably reach for a calculator to work out the total cost, which  comes to the amount I just told them.

Because they don't know you speak Thai. So they show you the price. And they fear you accuse them of cheating with the total price, so they type numbers in front of your eyes and show you the result ... <deleted>, that was again so easy to explain. What are you doing here in this country?

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

That is statutory rape in any other country and requires active policing and prosecution - not sex education.

No it isn't. Only the US has such retarded laws ... or perhaps Saudi Arabia.

1 hour ago, Matthew2027 said:

The rate of condom use was nearly 70 per cent among male students and 66 among females

How do these figures work out???? It's either 70% or 66% . I don't get it, help me!!

You have 100 women and 100 men.

70 men have sex with 66 woman. 30 men and 34 woman have no sex ... wow ... that also was so easy again.

On the other hand: they are shy and lied ...saying they had no sex, or claimed YES! We have SEX! And we use condoms, because they did not want to be looked down at having no sex ... your pick.

3 hours ago, ebean001 said:

if abortions are not allowed then the poor, uneducated population will grow thus increasing the need for 'welfare'. Many countries are in this situation. The problem is they do not or cannot afford the welfare bill. I think one or the other must be chosen...abortion or increase welfare. Many countries say NO to both thus...you can conclude the results.

Thailand has a unique solution to this problem, population control due to it's roads and highways.

52 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

Sex with a girl under 15 of age, is always rape...

No it is not.

Legal age in Europe is 14 (if both are under 20 or 18). And having consenting sex - regardless of age - AND - regardless of LAW: is not rape. 

2 hours ago, ebean001 said:

if abortions are not allowed then the poor, uneducated population will grow thus increasing the need for 'welfare'. Many countries are in this situation. The problem is they do not or cannot afford the welfare bill. I think one or the other must be chosen...abortion or increase welfare. Many countries say NO to both thus...you can conclude the results.

Best to give all teenagers Norplant until they are "ready " to have a child if they choose.  Would be even best if there was a male equivalent to Norplant. There should be a test or course required to be passed before having offspring.  Abortions required if DNA shows mental health issues, hereditary dangers, etc.. Poverty is another issue, just like your "Fiance Visa" which shows evidence you have the means (job and money in the bank) plus criminal background check.  Men and women would need a "Visa" to have a child, showing they could afford to raise them, and were not criminals. 

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And what also doesn't help is farang sex tourists and farang living in Thailand who are always on the prowl in bars or wherever for underage girls.

There's news items regularly about raids on brothels, bars, massage venues etc., (catering to Thai and farang customers) mentioning how many underage / very underage girls were found on the premises. If there wasn't a demand they wouldn't be there.

Yeah...another apologist, conveniantly overlooking the fact, that 90% of the sex- industry (incl. kiddie- fiddling) is catering to Thais! 

Archived