Advice lacking for sexually active teens

webfact

10 hours ago, faraday said:

How are access to condoms here limited, they're available very easily?

To try to get Thai kids to use condoms to pretty futile.  That would show a sense of responsibility extensively lacking in Thailand. The figure quoted is also just for the ones reported and doesn't include those babies who are killed at birth or aborted.  In the rural areas there are many things that are kept behind closed doors.

The bigger problem is that men and boys find it easy to force themselves on the vulnerable girls because it is also easy to avoid the consequences of their actions.  So many things are covered up by families and often the boy (if it is a boy) simply moves away to stay with relatives elsewhere.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tandor said:

they never publish the age of the father do they...hmmm...cause most likely there have been multiple partners, a much older male, rape, incest etc. ..so the young females' age is revealed suggesting she has been promiscuous, when in fact it could be the opposite...and then there are the others who have abortions and those who never report the birth...what's the point in showing a picture of a young female with a PregTest in her hand..a bit too late for that methinks.

that is the meaning of my post - most people got it but thanks for getting into the detail 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And add to that, sufficiently good english classes, world history and world geography. Plus math and science. 

But they do excel in "Thai culture". The one that was handed down in the 30's by Phibun and hammered into Thai heads.

10 hours ago, HLover said:

Yes, the taxpayers should pay for teens that spread their legs without a thought of the consequences. 

Brilliant.

Really, how many girls between 10 and 14 do you know that willingly spread their legs?  Every single one of these girls is abused!  Either by a father, brother, other relative, neighbor or stranger pretty much in that order!  Sex with a 10 to 14 year old girl is rape pure and simple!

11 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Sex education, along with road safety education, are two giant holes in Thailands education system. The very things that ultimately destroy their young lives are left unmentioned, not only at school but also at home. What is it that leaves teachers and parents unable or unwilling to prepare their kids for real life? It baffles me.

Probably their parents are even less educated. ????

9 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

I would like to know what position the government is taking on teenage sex. Are they promoting abstinency? Are they saying that teenagers who are sexually active should do A, B, and C? Without an artucultated policy position, how can you educate and strive for a goal?

It is not clear to me how they intend to alleviate this problem.

I think it could be the missionary position. 

It comes down to .......... education again. Make it mandatory; if teachers are too uneducated, shy or simply unable - run a video. 

Wondering also about the 2'600 fathers; not all being in a similar age and possibly fodder for the legal department. I mean, how can you father a child with a 10 years old child - seriously? This is a very serious issue - me thinks?

19 hours ago, faraday said:

How are access to condoms here limited, they're available very easily?

Its not limited, but have not been adapted by their culture yet....

Since the majority of young thais love papaya salat 1 idea could be to rise the price with 1 bath or so and include 1 condom per single order in this way it would be adapted and the most of young thais will always have a condom available....:thumbsup:

On 1/29/2019 at 7:20 AM, Lungstib said:

Sex education, along with road safety education, are two giant holes in Thailands education system. The very things that ultimately destroy their young lives are left unmentioned, not only at school but also at home. What is it that leaves teachers and parents unable or unwilling to prepare their kids for real life? It baffles me.

The road safety (fatalities) are there to balance out the equation...

Archived