Smartly dressed farang caught on CCTV brazenly shoplifting in Market Village Hua Hin

webfact

How do you know he did not pay for it?

You see him walk inside, and later come out.  How many times you buy something and take the item with you, Not in a bag couse you already get 10 from difrend shops!!

I thing its a very BAD thing to say this person is stealing, very bad..

His face all over facebook and thaivisa maybe for nothing.

i think its a disgrace. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Strange headline!

Is the fact that he is white(farang) the point of interest?

Is the fact that he is probably a tourist of interest?

Can you imagine the New York Times saying, "well dressed African....." or the Guardian writing, "well-dressed Asian......"

Ok. Then  cover  it  by  saying the  non Asian, non African, non whatever except  was  Caucasian was  thieving  git !

8 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

That fat old Geezer is 'smartly dressed'? 555 

Guess because got on long pants and a shirt? ???? 

Yeah, and that's only one of the reasons why being smartly dressed is not all what some TV posters seem to think it is. Among other reasons; there is the difference of opinion as to what constitutes being smartly dressed; then, there is the misconception that being smartly dressed somehow makes you a better or more capable person.

Clean shirt, new shoes And I don't know where I am goin' to Silk suit, black tie (black tie) I don't need a reason why [Chorus] They come runnin' just as fast as they can Cause every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man [Verse 2] Gold watch, diamond ring I ain't missin' not a single thing And cufflinks, stick pin When I step out I'm gonna do you in [Chorus] They come runnin' just as fast as they can Cause every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man [Guitar Solo] [Verse 3] Top coat, top hat I don't worry cause my wallet's fat Black shades, white gloves.[Chorus] They come runnin' just as fast as they can Cause every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man

I got a chuckle at the comment toward the end of the video where he says something about the "bak sida".

In the Isan Lao dialect, the guava is called mak sida (Thai: หมากสีดา), mak being a prefix for fruit names. Thus bak sida (Thai: บักสีดา), bak being a prefix when calling males, refers jokingly to a Westerner, by analogy to the Thai language where farang can mean both guava and Westerner.

16 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Strange headline!

Is the fact that he is white(farang) the point of interest?

Is the fact that he is probably a tourist of interest?

Can you imagine the New York Times saying, "well dressed African....." or the Guardian writing, "well-dressed Asian......"

The fact of thai stereotyping of a smartly dressed farang and not a backpacker resorting to petty theft in a host third world country especially in hua hin and not pattaya. We all know hua hin expats are a class above pattaya’s, don’t we ?

8 hours ago, gerritkaew said:

How do you know he did not pay for it?

You see him walk inside, and later come out.  How many times you buy something and take the item with you, Not in a bag couse you already get 10 from difrend shops!!

I thing its a very BAD thing to say this person is stealing, very bad..

His face all over facebook and thaivisa maybe for nothing.

i think its a disgrace. 

It is not the issue of him not using a plastic bag for his purchase. It is the fact that the owner is looking at the CCTV to prove him stealing the bag. Why would the CCTV come into play if farang had paid for his purchase? 

So let's see how can we identify him ?  

Fat bald man - check 

Wearing glasses - check 

Age around 60-70 - check

Nationality Norwegian or Swedish , After al it's Hua Hin and "high season"

And he walks in a funny way - check  

Should be easy to locate him.  I would try any Scandinavian restaurant that offers "all you can eat" buffets. 

2 hours ago, The Preacher said:

He's obviously a Norwegian.

Nah, definitely English upper class, snobby, 'tea leaf'.

Smartly dressed, but still manages to look like an 

overfilled sack of pototoes. Probably holds an office

in the UK government Ministry of Honesty.

7 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I got a chuckle at the comment toward the end of the video where he says something about the "bak sida".

In the Isan Lao dialect, the guava is called mak sida (Thai: หมากสีดา), mak being a prefix for fruit names. Thus bak sida (Thai: บักสีดา), bak being a prefix when calling males, refers jokingly to a Westerner, by analogy to the Thai language where farang can mean both guava and Westerner.

Must remember that for when i want Guests to go Home.!

15 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Must remember that for when i want Guests to go Home.!

Well, mak sida was a fruit originally from central America or thereabouts. My Thai relatives and I joke about it.  We have a tree in the yard.

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

At a glance id say hes got that smarmy English Teacher Look. Those that Can "Do", those who cant TEACH.

Why is anyone sad or confused. Im sad n Confused when i listen too them , so are 100% of us retired folk enjoying a Beer. Malcontents mainly.

Archived