‘Oust Me If You Dare, Jerks,’ Raging Prayuth Says

webfact

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The military is planning to stay but not necessary him. 

Oh no. If you watch how he parades around acting like and expecting to treated like a god, he has no intention to give that up. I saw in the news of him yesterday walking into a room and then went to sit in his special golden chair. Made me cringe as was way too pompous. No PM has sat like that before. He wants to be idolized.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The military is planning to stay but not necessary him. 

Yes, Eric - I think this is the main point: whether Prayut himself stays on as de facto Leader (which I think is likely) or whether his military clique continues to pull all the ultimate levers of power (which is certain), makes little difference. Thailand will still be ruled by the alliance of military plus mighty rich and powerful families (a tiny, tiny minority of the population).

But the Thais (the vast, vast majority of them) have gone along with this arrangement for decades - never more so than during the last five years under a blatant, in-your-face D... Di...... Dinosaurship.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

This clown couldn't lead a troop of Cub Scouts, let alone a totally screwed up and corrupt country.

You obviously have no idea what he been doing the last few year, to build his wealth and make him extremely powerful. He deserves respect for that, at least, and will surely remain as PM after the election. 

Anyone who thinks that the General Premier and his backers will be ousted after the election are totally out of touch with reality. Thailand will have its so-called democratic elections to appease the masses and the Foreign communities who think they know what is best for Thailland. Come the end of March the General Premier and his party will control the Legislature and do as they are doing now.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing Thailand - in most countries his ambitions would have ended at the village clown level, here he was able to rise through the ranks all the way up to four star general. I really can't wait to see how many people will vote for this imbecile and his cronies.

21 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Only difference between Prayuth and Trump is that Trump now have a congress that say "NO" to any crazy spending sprees...

You may want to check which party loves spending money the country doesn't have. It starts with a D. Welfare for all. Open borders and free money for human traffickers. Stick with Thai politics, you clearly know nothing about American politics.

Me too.
I hope he stays.
Thailand needs a leader with balls. A firm hand is needed to guide the country and a general / PM combo is a perfect fit for the Thais.
Not talking my home version of democracy here but the tweaked thai VERSION That big bwana posters here just don't understand.. Has to be the big bwana way or the high way. Well immigration has already answered that lol

The fundamental triad  is all..

Where the power lies.Elephant-Military-Buddhist hierarchy.

The only changes will be...just fill in the  dots..

The Thai  people have never had any sovereign control over their nation.

As,indeed,they do not in Myanmar,Laos and Cambodia.

(Cambodia-the next destination of purblind and irredemiably stupid) expats.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Amazing Thailand - in most countries his ambitions would have ended at the village clown level, here he was able to rise through the ranks all the way up to four star general. I really can't wait to see how many people will vote for this imbecile and his cronies.

How many vote or don't vote is completely irrevevant to the arranged outcome. 

• Thanks 1

Those TVF 'Junta Hugging Cheerleaders' of a few years back seem to have mostly evaporated.   I wonder why???

For some it just takes a bit longer until they get it.

#oustmeifyoudarejerks was the No 1 trending hashtag in twitter after Toad-Kisser’s outburst - lovely read what some younger Thais are calling the dear leader ....

“Being stupid is bad enough. He’s both stupid and vulgar,” wrote @Otttpang.

And this was one of the nicer respondents - some retaliated in his own vulgar language and called him a f..k and a moth..erf....er

Somehow I think he is not very popular with the Thai electorate - but he is like the junta huggers on here - he just doesn’t get it !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/1/2019 at 8:34 PM, LivinLOS said:

Remember when they had to collapse an elected government because YL sacked a non compliant subordinate ?? And that was an abuse of power.. 

Those Junta supporting farangs must feel like total imbeciles now all that was predicted, has come to pass.. 

Not just farangs. A Thai friend of mine who was all whistling, dancing, Suthep supporter, get rid of corrruption, everything's gonna be wonderful when we have Reform before Erections, no longer wants to discuss politics because ---- it's boring. Now, it's boring. 

8 hours ago, Bundooman said:

What was so glaringly obvious was the reaction of the press. Stunned into absolute silence - they all appeared to be acting like small children caught doing or saying something that was bad - and deserved A BIG, SEVERE PUNISHMENT!

I think he's totally forgotten that HE is the public servant, whose salary is paid, partly by those people sitting in front of him - not the other way round! Gone is the pretence of 'protecting the country and the people'. All those reporters simply went back to their desks and shared what happened. This is the result.

Millions will have watched this display of dictatorial behaviour - all will be rightly horrified at what they know is likely to occur under this regime if he is 'elected'.

He is his own worst enemy!

Not surprising. Remember when the political press dressed up as school kids on a Children's Day a couple of years back and Prayuth acted as the kindly teacher. The political press in Thailand are small children. Duncan McCargo goes into how it all works in one of his books. Basically, the political press are juniors and they are on their best behaviour in front of all the phuyai. No tough questions or they have to stand in the corner with the dunce's cap on.

He has never thought of himself as anything as lowly as a servant, except when he bows and scrapes to that very, very limited class of beings who are so clearly his betters! Enough said, we can't talk about them and therein lies the entire problem.

The reporters will go back to their desks and work out how to please their betters. When a couple of bodies were dragged out of the Mekong a few weeks ago, the newspaper whose name cannot be mentioned on this forum of truth and righteousness had a banner down the bottom saying that they would not entertain comment on the issue. As is often the case.

He has no obligation to please the people. Doing what pleases him is all that matters. He is his own best friend.

18 hours ago, djayz said:

They have been raised not to ask questions, not to think for themselves, not to criticise, not to speak up, not to stand out, to always bow and be humble, be grateful for what they have, love ............ and everything will be good in the end. 

This isn't going to change in the next generation or three. 

But in 1973, 1976, 1992, 2008-2010 and 2013-2014 and many times in between and before where their leaders and followers were assassinated, exiled and suppressed they did raise questions, think for themselves, criticize, speak up, stand out... Sure, maybe not as much as us falangs might have wished but I protested in demonstrations in Australia - even a barricade raised against a freeway in Melbourne that went a bit apeshit, but there was little chance of me being killed for my participation. I have called all my leaders every sort of name , even her Maj (she's a very fine girl according to the Beatles and they're probably right) but I won't find myself dragged out of the Thames for this sort of opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomta said:

But in 1973, 1976, 1992, 2008-2010 and 2013-2014 and many times in between and before where their leaders and followers were assassinated, exiled and suppressed they did raise questions, think for themselves, criticize, speak up, stand out... Sure, maybe not as much as us falangs might have wished but I protested in demonstrations in Australia - even a barricade raised against a freeway in Melbourne that went a bit apeshit, but there was little chance of me being killed for my participation. I have called all my leaders every sort of name , even her Maj (she's a very fine girl according to the Beatles and they're probably right) but I won't find myself dragged out of the Thames for this sort of opinion. 

Naw.  They'd never make you hide in The Ecuadorian embassy for 8 years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2019 at 8:49 PM, Justgrazing said:

Well as he weren't democratically erected that one don't count .. 

And making parallels with Communist leaders don't portray him in the best light when Stalin , Mao and Ceausescu are just 3 that come to mind .. 

Ahhhh, the fate of Ceausecu. Now there would be a happy ending.

The worrying thing is will they really be able get rid of these clowns !

I think bullets is the only way as it become clearly obvious of the obsession of taking and keeping power and shows how low it really went and true motives for overthrowing last legal government regardless of claimed motives .

They may think they highest class elite but they lowest class intelligence and lowest class self made politicians I seen to date in thailand .

Not going end well but will take years before common people at a level of education and social awareness to make right protests and votes for real change .

50 minutes ago, tomta said:

Ahhhh, the fate of Ceausecu. Now there would be a happy ending.

Maybe a little severe, but an opportunity for him to slip out un-noticed of course, as many do, and  join his mates and enemies overseas - this could be a great win/win for everyone. 

On 2/1/2019 at 3:42 AM, colinneil said:

It was a very short time that Prayut spent at the dais, speaking about the juntas achievements.

He stood there silent as he couldnt think of any.:cheesy:

A good defense is a strong offense? He can be quite offensive.

• Haha 1