Norwegian left "speechless" after Chiang Mai immigration sing Happy Birthday, present cake to retiree

rooster59

32 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

He said that immigration knows your birthday

33 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Apparently it wasn't Mr John's actual birthday

Wonder what they actually know. They know where I live (after all the 90 day reports I've made) but still needs a new report every 90 days,why is that?

• Like 2

My fellow Norwegian doesn't look too convinced in the picture, maybe he was expecting a deportation instead. Now he can relax for another year. And wait for another birthday cake, 

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I am beginning to think that all of immigration are as mad as a box of frogs. Nice enough gesture, but really? 

It's not how you expect such things to be at home, but it is the Thai way of doing things.

Is it wrong? NO!!!

I for one don't want everything to look the same as my original country. 

I read about all the problems with immigration but I have to say that I find them all to be crap. 

Maybe  pathum thani is in the twilight zone  but I had never in 9 years had any issues with them 

Just did my annual extension  in 45 minutes including my new residence and 90day.

The only thing different was they kept maybankkimeng statement and my letter

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a nice gesture, bit different to Khonkaen, they only want a photo..... Not of me but my catheter bag.????

You're lucky. I never get asked for photos at KK. Next time I have to visit, I'll complain.

• Haha 1