Construction worker wins life-changing Bt12m lottery prize

rooster59

14 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

An accidental tumble from the 30th floor? An unfortunate traffic accident? A sudden demise overnight due to "a hitherto undiscovered heart condition"?   

No no no .I would NEVER do that to my wife !

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He has already registered the tickets with police in the district but did not know when he would get his winnings. 

Tomorrow's headline could be a re-work of a February 2018 headline......"Policeman finds lucky lottery ticket in the street......construction worker charged for making false claims to police". 

3 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Silly to publish his details this would never happen in Australia

they just would say a construction worker won some millions 

but would never publish his name or photo

It was his choice to be identified, he did it not the GLO, it's not compulsory.

12 million thb is a lot and is nothing the same time, and hope he will manage to hold on to some in the next year with relatives and "friends" already piling in....

even if he buy/build a house for 2 million, and keep the rest of the 10 million in real estates for rental, say net 6% income, that is "only" 50000 a month...more than he has, but likely not enough for constant party party and mia nois.

SET50 pays about half that, like 3% dividend, so 25000 a month....

put it in the bank in a time deposit, maybe 1.5%ish, around 12500 a month...not that far above what he makes now.

invest with the family: priceless experience, with negative return!

he will learn, and in 2-3 years most likely will be starting to work at a construction site again.

1 hour ago, tingtong said:

12 million thb is a lot and is nothing the same time, and hope he will manage to hold on to some in the next year with relatives and "friends" already piling in....

even if he buy/build a house for 2 million, and keep the rest of the 10 million in real estates for rental, say net 6% income, that is "only" 50000 a month...more than he has, but likely not enough for constant party party and mia nois.

put it in the bank in a time deposit, maybe 1.5%ish, around 12500 a month...not that far above what he makes now.

he will learn, and in 2-3 years most likely will be starting to work at a construction site again.

True story.

Years ago a family from Udon Nahkon Nowhere had a win.

Bought a house next door to a mate of mine, near Rangsit. and two new cars.

They had, for the first 6 months or so, a party every weekend then the parties started tailing off.

It wasn't long before one of the cars had the box on the roof with the telephone number on.

A few months later the second car followed and then the front gate had the sign and number as well.

They had also sold the small farm up north so where they went to afterwards is anyones guess. The house never sold and slowly the garden swallowed it.

11 hours ago, mok199 said:

Its all relative. he has two options 1) shave his head ,jimmy rig an orange towel and just mummble, or 2)...LEAVE TOWN...

build mum a house, arrange a monthly bank transfer for her - and bugger-off somewhere away from the leeches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tingtong said:

You think too much.

• Haha 2

On 2/3/2019 at 9:39 AM, Lingba said:

"Detnarong's home, in Lampang province’s Ngaw district, tambon Wangnua, was crowded with relatives and friends on Saturday"

I bet!...all trying to figure out a way to get a piece of the pie

Every kidnapper in Asia is thanking the newspaper for the information!!!  ????

Find an "Honest & Reliable?" law firm, have the winnings put in escrow and have a small disbursement arranged that allows you to build Mother's home but not make you eligible to the tears, hard luck stories (of which there are millions) to suck your winnings.

P.S. Don't forget dear old Dad who ran off soon after you were born. I'm back and I've never forgotten you.

7 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Good on the guy!

I'm gonna win that Thai lottery too! Saaa 2!!!

I try to buy them at 80 THB. I guess it's a vice..

Up here in Khampaeng Phet most of the single tickets are 80 baht though there is one shop that sells them for 78 baht. If you want a bigger win you can buy 3 or 5 tickets with the same number but they are 100 baht each.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Up here in Khampaeng Phet most of the single tickets are 80 baht though there is one shop that sells them for 78 baht. If you want a bigger win you can buy 3 or 5 tickets with the same number but they are 100 baht each.

Yeah. 78 baht nice!

I see that often times winners have bought more than one ticket.  Good luck to ya on your next ticket!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Yeah. 78 baht nice!

I see that often times winners have bought more than one ticket.  Good luck to ya on your next ticket!

I usually buy 5 tickets once a month but I have had no luck for the past couple of years.

If I do win there will be one hell of a party, and no, I won't be announcing it publicly and nobody on TVF will know either.

• Like 1