UK would regret no-deal Brexit 'for ever' - business minister

rooster59

1 hour ago, Johnyo said:

Lololo as if the Brexiteers haven’t been blaming the EU for all the UK shortfalls over the last 40 years. Look closer to home and you will realise why the UK is a shithole

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Erm....the weather??

Edited by blazes

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

So what's your qualifications to question his?

"Clark was born in Middlesbrough and studied Economics at Magdalene College, Cambridge"

Don't tell me, you studied at the bar...

Untitled.png.29e56d26b06dc90c3926cbd570179552.png

no problem,

since you request, I will not tell you, can easily honour that request

9 hours ago, Basil B said:

So Hard Cheddar, wonder who else has voted themselves out of a job. ????

Nigel Farage did but then he has principles and looked further than himself and for the greater good. I doubt you would understand.

BTW everyone admits now (Sky News) that Nissan are leaving for many reasons and not one is Brexit.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

If we crash out at least we will have taken back control of our laws and borders for the Tory's and the rich our tax havens can be restored and we can concentrate on zero hours contracts and food bank expansion whilst waiting to die on our own NHS trolleys in A&E. Shares in Brighthouse will rise sharply our $ will be safe as pounds used to be .We can now call Dover the number one UK tourist hub for Brits wanting to look longingly at free Europe from the bastion of the white cliffs ????

I think you forgot to mention the price of food and other consumables rocketing initially, with shortages of food and medicine expected, as supplies from the dastardly EU are blocked at the borders. Then we can all look forward to the Tory spivs finding new sources of food for the masses, like delicious chlorinated chicken and GMO this and that from the USA and antibiotic-laced chicken and tilapia from Thailand in the medium term. Loss of Scotland and Northern Ireland too in the long term to celebrate, as our colonies go their own separate ways and Britain becomes well and truly little. And all that extra money for the NHS Boris promised us, though pity there won't be any doctors, nurses or carers in the hospitals by then. What a wonderful utopia it will be, this taking back control mullarky. 

• Like 1

So if Britain can get rid of some of the people who came from other countries just to get on the dole, that would be bad as well? Getting out from under Brussels is a bad thing? At least they do not have to get rid of the pound, and other currency. There is still oil and gas surrounding the islands. Is there not still, Irish potatoes, Scottish mutten and beef and veggies, English country sides for their veggies, beef, lamb, and other food products? The Sky is not falling.

Just my opinion anyway, and I certainly do not believe most politicians, and many business people who think of themselves first.

Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
errors
  • Like 2

Nigel Farage did but then he has principles and looked further than himself and for the greater good. I doubt you would understand.

BTW everyone admits now (Sky News) that Nissan are leaving for many reasons and not one is Brexit.

Brexit uncertainty is the words they used

so you can dress it and spin it however you want, project fear and blah blah.

The also said costing hundreds of jobs, serves them right, think northerners.

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, rooster59 said:

Without a deal Britain risked major disruption to trade with the EU, cutting British business out of pan-European supply chains, Clark warned.

OK just another comment from a remainer.

Yeah maybe for a while until the EU collapses hasn't he noticed what's happening in the EU or is Brexit the only thing. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Basil B said:

Yes, Sunderland voted to leave...

Bet they want a second referendum now. 

plenty of spud picking jobs available for them in the lincolnshire fens,only 2 hours drive away maybe 3 if towing the caravan,dont expect £15.00 P/H tho,£7.80 and as many tatties as you can eat.

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are clutching at straws.

A huge investment in the NE is now not going to happen.

The company doing the U-turn are very clearly doing so to protect their business from the UK’s abandonment of its tariff free access to the EU market.

There have been other such moves and there will be more.

Enjoy.

Let's get some truth and perspective here.

The production of the X-Trail in Sunderland would have created an estimated 700 new jobs in the region. The announcement by Nissan to produce the X-Trail in Japan will not result in the loss of existing jobs. No jobs will be lost

The X-Trail was going to be built in Sunderland with diesel engines. Due to the massive issues around diesel engines, sales of diesel vehicles, particularly in Europe have plummeted. Nissan will now deploy petrol engines in the bulk of X-Trail cars, and those engines are located in Japan. It doesn't make logistical/financial sense to transport all those petrol engines all the way to the UK. Hence they will build the X-Trail locally.

From the BBC: 

Commenting on its decision, Nissan said that since 2016 "the environment for the car industry in Europe has changed dramatically", including "changing emissions regulations".

In the UK, diesel cars that fail to meet the latest emissions standards now face a levy and a number of European countries, including the UK, have announced bans on both new diesel and petrol vehicles in the future. As a result, sales of new diesel cars in the UK tumbled by 30% in 2018, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.

As an aside Nissan did also say that Brexit uncertainty does not help with clarity over future investment decisions. In other words we need to get on with Brexit and leave the EU to end the uncertainty. 

The fact some people are saying the X-Trail story is about Brexit is shameful and dishonest. 

• Like 2

As an aside Nissan did also say that Brexit uncertainty does not help with clarity over future investment decisions. In other words we need to get on with Brexit and leave the EU to end the uncertainty. 

The fact some people are saying the X-Trail story is about Brexit is shameful and dishonest. 

The shame and dishonest spin on everything goes with the Remainer territory.

We’ve had enough of the subterfuge and now it’s time to stop all the uncertainty and Remain scheming. Leave in two months. The cleaner break the better.

Don’t quite believe Nissan about Brexit uncertainty though. It will all be clear very soon. They say they cannot plan for future investment, due to uncertainty. Then announce a massive new plan? Is this Japanese doublespeak or antiBrexit reporting?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

The shame and dishonest spin on everything goes with the Remainer territory.

We’ve had enough of the subterfuge and now it’s time to stop all the uncertainty and Remain scheming. Leave in two months. The cleaner break the better.

Don’t quite believe Nissan about Brexit uncertainty though. It will all be clear very soon. They say they cannot plan for future investment, due to uncertainty. Then announce a massive new plan? Is this Japanese doublespeak or antiBrexit reporting?

I'll go with anti-Brexit reporting. If you google this story almost every news site has Brexit in the headline, yet the fact is Nissan changed this X-Trail plan because they're not going to use diesel engines in the cars. 

The sad thing is that a lot of people swallow this propaganda. 

44 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'll go with anti-Brexit reporting. If you google this story almost every news site has Brexit in the headline, yet the fact is Nissan changed this X-Trail plan because they're not going to use diesel engines in the cars. 

The sad thing is that a lot of people swallow this propaganda. 

Yes, almost like the leave-propaganda swallowed by many......

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Let's get some truth and perspective here.

The production of the X-Trail in Sunderland would have created an estimated 700 new jobs in the region. The announcement by Nissan to produce the X-Trail in Japan will not result in the loss of existing jobs. No jobs will be lost

The X-Trail was going to be built in Sunderland with diesel engines. Due to the massive issues around diesel engines, sales of diesel vehicles, particularly in Europe have plummeted. Nissan will now deploy petrol engines in the bulk of X-Trail cars, and those engines are located in Japan. It doesn't make logistical/financial sense to transport all those petrol engines all the way to the UK. Hence they will build the X-Trail locally.

From the BBC: 

Commenting on its decision, Nissan said that since 2016 "the environment for the car industry in Europe has changed dramatically", including "changing emissions regulations".

In the UK, diesel cars that fail to meet the latest emissions standards now face a levy and a number of European countries, including the UK, have announced bans on both new diesel and petrol vehicles in the future. As a result, sales of new diesel cars in the UK tumbled by 30% in 2018, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders.

So you leave the EU with what conditions for trade and services?

Nothing sorted, just leave?  Well then the uncertainty will continue.

Perhaps the uncertainty in Nissan's statement wasn't referring to whether the UK leaves the EU or not,  but rather refers to the lack of any coherent trade policy post Brexit towards the EU at present.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, Basil B said:

Yes, Sunderland voted to leave...

Bet they want a second referendum now. 

Turkeys wishing for xmas is what i would call them.The workforce were given letters and shown video's by Nissan warning them to vote remain, it seems project fear does actually exist after all.I have friends who work there the one's 50-55 who have been there since 1986 will welcome the pay off money as they will be about ready to collect the good pension the company provided,the younger one's will end up in maccy dee's for half of their current wage if they are lucky

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Can’t be true, it’s only about the Diesel. 

They have blamed the diesel.  If they come out and say its all down to brexit then moral will be low in the camp,ive seen it happen myself companies will always say there are never job cuts coming as until the last possible moment,will always remember a co worker asking a gaffer if the rumours were true about job cuts were right as he was going to book a holiday that night,gaffer replied its a load of <deleted> dont listen to the rumours,next day he was handed a nice crisp brown envelope,8-9 years service as well.

As one of the million or so British expats that were not allowed to vote for or against Brexit because I've been living outside the UK for more than fifteen years, whatever the final result is it will rancor for generations. 

12 minutes ago, bomber said:

They have blamed the diesel.  If they come out and say its all down to brexit then moral will be low in the camp,ive seen it happen myself companies will always say there are never job cuts coming as until the last possible moment,will always remember a co worker asking a gaffer if the rumours were true about job cuts were right as he was going to book a holiday that night,gaffer replied its a load of <deleted> dont listen to the rumours,next day he was handed a nice crisp brown envelope,8-9 years service as well.

As I've explained, the decision was made due to the diesel issue.

The diesel engines that were planned to be used in the X-Trail are made by Renault in France. Now that the bottom has fallen out of the diesel car market (especially in Europe with the stricter emission rules), they've decided to put mostly petrol engines in the X-Trail. The appropriate petrol engines are built in Japan. Shipping those petrol engines to the UK makes no commercial sense in an already struggling global car industry. 

If the decision was made due to Brexit, why have they moved production of the X-Trail to Japan and not to an EU country?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

As I've explained, the decision was made due to the diesel issue.

The diesel engines that were planned to be used in the X-Trail are made by Renault in France. Now that the bottom has fallen out of the diesel car market (especially in Europe with the stricter emission rules), they've decided to put mostly petrol engines in the X-Trail. The appropriate petrol engines are built in Japan. Shipping those petrol engines to the UK makes no commercial sense in an already struggling global car industry. 

If the decision was made due to Brexit, why have they moved production of the X-Trail to Japan and not to an EU country?

maybe the EU countries havent offered a back hander like our govt did,and how many times have brexiteers claimed on here its the EU to blame for companies leaving the UK by bribing them,claims unproven yet our govt barely even deny it,£60 million would of paid the transport costs for a hell of a lot of engines,maybe it wasnt all about the engine's after all.

maybe the EU countries havent offered a back hander like our govt did,and how many times have brexiteers claimed on here its the EU to blame for companies leaving the UK by bribing them,claims unproven yet our govt barely even deny it,£60 million would of paid the transport costs for a hell of a lot of engines,maybe it wasnt all about the engine's after all.

Nothing wrong with the UK govt offering tax incentives in return for industry investment. In fact it should be compulsory. Trouble is those EU rules about state aid.
Those same rules which caused Tata Steel job losses in England and Wales beginning of 2017. Next move for Tata was to merge with Thyssenkrupp the German steel conglomerate, leading to more UK job losses. It’s a funny old EU world isn’t it?