why i became a vegetarian

yogavnture

On 2/4/2019 at 11:48 AM, jak2002003 said:

Even if we all stopped eating sea animals, the fisheries would still keep harvesting the sea and using the fish for farm animal feed, fertilizer, Chinese medicine, clothing and other stuff.

The sea life wont recover as we will keep dumping plastic, sewerage, chemicals, oil into the ocean even if we don't eat the fish.  In fact not eating the fish might be the worst thing we could do... as there would then be zero incentive to try to clean up the oceans and make the seafood safe!

Sad 'fact' is the sea and land are going to get more and more polluted and abused until there is little left, and pollution will destroy the environment.  Most of the human species is content to live in filth and pollution... just look at parts of India, China, and even the west.  Even with peoples health affected, people dying from pollutants etc noting is done.  Our species will destroy our own home and ourselves... heck we can't even stop having wars and killing each other over made up religions and superstitions.  The few humans with intelligence, conscience and morals are sadly vastly outnumbered by the majority of lazy, stupid and selfish people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYajHZ4QUVM

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

If he got sick from a few gram pork how come he could digest the egg?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What happens if he meets a girl who's a porker? Does that mean that he can't "eat" her either?

My favourite meal in the world is fish, chips, mushy peas and a portion of curry sauce. Fine for vegetarians?

NO, the fish and chips are fried in beef dripping.

What a sad world these people must inhabit.

The only rule for ingestion that I have is that if I need to put a needle in my arm to ingest it, I don't want it. Everything else is open season.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The only rule for ingestion that I have is that if I need to put a needle in my arm to ingest it, I don't want it. Everything else is open season.

Eating a durian must be a right pain in the arse then.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can vegetarians eat eggs and cheese?

Where are the vegetables?

A vegetarian is generally considered to mean someone who does not eat meat but may eat other products such as milk, cheese, yogurt, eggs, honey.   Some may also continue to eat fish.

A vegan generally means someone who does not eat animal products.

Strict vegans ( Krsihna's ) would also consider certain vegetables as being 'hot' e.g. onions, mushrooms etc. and would also not use the same cooking utensils that have been to make meat dishes.

Many products may contain eggs and/or milk e.g. pasta, 3-in-1 coffees, so looking at food labels may help.

Back in the 1960-70's some people who went on the hippie trails to India would suddenly decide to become vegans, this of course gave rise to very ill health.    Protein deficiency being one such problem.

Thailand does offer a range of foodstuffs in local markets suitable for either a vegetarian or vegan diet, Mediterranean and Arab dishes are another alternative.

Whatever food regime you intend to try take a sensible approach.    No two people are alike in relation to their bodies food requirements.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yogavnture said:

no point in posting here anymore. I want to surround myself with happiness not negativity.  bye

Up to yahoo,  we just care about you,   and love ya too bits . 

Bon appetite .

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Just don't eat any kind of animal. The cruelty and waste of resources involved in eating animal flesh is shameful. 

How can it be a waste of resource if it provides you with sustenance? Even Buddhists agree that you can kill an animal if you eat it.

Why did your mother always bang on about eating your greens? Because no kids like them. They taste like crap.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

I do my bit as far as recycling etc, but to be quite honest I think it's too late to save this planet. There are plastic islands double the size of Texas floating in the Pacific Ocean. When you have more than a billion people in both China and India creating mass pollution, my little effort is just pissing in the wind.

eightmillion.jpg

All the more reason for us to take action.

OP, good way to fight plastic is to stop being a plastic person.  

I mean really bro, "Yoga"vnture"?  Identity signaling much?  And you're on Koh Tao. Of COURSE you would be! ????  

Delusions of photo shopped paradise often disappoint.  At least you finally woke up to reality.

But sorry, you don't have the gene to be an inspiring social media crusader.  More like a cringe worthy, cookie cutter cliche from that film with young Leonardo Dicaprio, The Beach.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, yogavnture said:

the fact remains that a lot of the oil coming on shore and mass of garbage is coming from fishing vessels.  I choose not to support that.  I will remain on topic

Only a small percentage of the oceans’ oil and trash comes from fishing vessels.

1.     Fishing vessels represent only a small percentage of ocean vessels.

2.     Most of the oil in the ocean is washed off the roads, into storm drains and on down the river to the ocean.

3.     Most of the trash in the ocean is generated on lad and either washed down or directly dumped into the ocean.

ive had a personal belief for along time now.  firstly thier are spirits in this world.  call them gods or spirits whatever.  invisible energy........and i believe we as humans will be judged by the invisible force upon our death based on how we treated the earth and its living creatures.  im proud to be a vegetarian.  and i want to treat living creatures with respect . including the earth i live on as a guest.  when i see oil piling up on shore , and masses of garbage that seem to only be getting worse. i want to do my part. and right now its by not supporting the fishing industry as i believe they are the culprits in polluting our seas.  beyond that a fish has a right to exist,  its a proven fact that since the 1970 s   according to the wwf.  humans have removed from the earth 60percent of its living creatures.  i feel sorry for the next generation. im sorry.  i will try to do my part. if every one did just one tiny thing.  lets say not use plastic bags or straws so much. we could at least do a dent and the spirit gods will smile upon us at our death

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Not so - incisors/canines have evolved and even now could not handle raw meat thus proving we are not designed to eat meat.

Our stomachs are also too weak as in we don’t have the necessary acidic content to eat raw meat so by definition again we are not meat eaters by design. 

True carnivores eat it as it is. 

The earliest fossils of man show no meat eating teeth at all - all molars for grinding vegetables. (All true carnivores can only move their jaw up and down whereas we can move side to side)

There is no reason whatsoever for humans to eat meat apart from taste.

Indeed all cancer organisations will tell you to either cut back or cut it out - again it’s no more fit for humans than cigarettes. 

Doesnt stop a rack of ribs being a work of art though !!

Well, eating raw vegetables and none meat stuff can for sure damage you health. Try eating raw kidney, liam beans, soy beans, uncooked potatoes and cassava roots,  does that show you are not evolved to eat vegetables????  NO, of course not!

Sorry you are completely wrong about eating raw meat too.  Lots of people eat raw meat.  My family and friends eat raw meat at least once a week.... Laab buffalo, lou... which is blood 'soup'.  We eat raw jumping shrimps, raw larger shrimp in fish sauce and raw pork (although that is fermented).  Also millions of people eat raw fish as a normal part of their diet... and these same people have the longest life expectancy in the world!!!  Even back in the UK people eat raw meat... mostly beef and fish.

We are evolved to eat the same foods as our closest ancestors... and great apes... notable the Chimpanzee.  These eat mostly vegetation, some nuts and small amounts of fruit.  They also regularly hunt down animals such as monkeys, squirrels and small deer to eat.  Look to nature to see what our diet is...…. and it NEVER is meant to be bread, grains, cereals (which cause ill health in a lot of people with gluten allergy, and are shown to contribute to many allergies and health problems).

Don't get me wrong.  I am against animal cruelty.  Animals should be farmed in good conditions, and killed quickly as painlessly and stress free as possible.  

Everything has to die in the end.  A free range cow or chicken with lots of food, vet care, clean and warm environment, and killed quickly to be eaten has a better life than many wild animals, struggling to find food each day, battling the hot or cold, fighting to get a mate, surviving sickness, and then getting hunted down over hours, slowly ripped apart and eaten alive (which happens to many prey animals in the wild).

• Like 1

"The earliest fossils of man show no meat eating teeth at all - all molars for grinding vegetables. (All true carnivores can only move their jaw up and down whereas we can move side to side)"

Humans  are  omnivores. Thus we  can  move  our cops  any direction.

Anthropological  discoveries do include sub species that were apparently  vegetarian. They   faded  out .

Rear  molars (wisdom teeth) in the predominant  version of modern  humans  are now a remnant of neanderthal origins because  we  no longer  need  to  crush  bones  like a pitbull. 

I have nothing against vegetarians, as long as they keep it to themselves. It's when they start preaching to the rest of us that they get on my tits. Same with any other minority group, keep your personal preferences personal and we'll all get on fine. 

• Like 2