Retirement/Long Stay Visa Delima Solved

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, jst said:

Just as an update: today, I spoke to my visa agent that I have been using for several years. She told me that beginning 1 March 2019, there will be no exceptions or "under the table deals" allowed. All paperwork must be in order or you will get a denial in Jomtien immigration office. This message came down from Bangkok. There is no safe visa. All paperwork must be in order. Check with your local agent and verify that your situation is secure. Don't get caught up in the foolishness of hecklers. We all will have to answer for ourselves.

Is that perhaps only applicable to your agent? (And some others). I just don't see the 'office' suddenly giving up the substantial amounts of money they have been receiving for years and years. (Perhaps they will deal direct?).

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is that perhaps only applicable to your agent? (And some others). I just don't see the 'office' suddenly giving up the substantial amounts of money they have been receiving for years and years. (Perhaps they will deal direct?).

If immigration staff are threatened with immediate dismissal from their well-paid cushy jobs it might give them reason to pause.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If immigration staff are threatened with immediate dismissal from their well-paid cushy jobs it might give them reason to pause.

If they are suddenly expected to survive on their meager salary they may not pause on the way out. ????:clap2:

These people don't ever get fired, irrespective what they do, perhaps moved to Phetchabun where they can hassle Bill.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If they are suddenly expected to survive on their meager salary they may not pause on the way out. ????:clap2:

I really don't know what they earn but I know they have decent health and retirement plans and it's a lot easier than laying tarmac. I imagine the ones who are in a position to get kickbacks are officers and therefore probably earning decent money.

Edited by giddyup

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

I really don't know what they earn but I know they have decent health and retirement plans and it's a lot easier than laying tarmac. I imagine the ones who are in a position to get kickbacks are officers and therefore probably earning decent money.

My prediction is, at most, a pause - then a new pricing-schedule.

The higher-ups are collecting a piece of all the action below - in their "downline" (to use the multi-level-marketing term).  That's Big Money.  Giving that up would require a massive lifestyle-change for many.  I can't see it happening, unless a new scheme is created to replace the lost-revenue, or if the military stepped in directly to shut down the scheme.