Alternative Method to Meet THB 65K Monthly Foreign Income Deposit Requirement?

12 minutes ago, eggers said:

Get Transfer confirmation from Co. showing where funds from (Home Bank) acc & to what Thai acc (Bank, Branch & Number)... Plus, have Bank statement to confirm amount into acc...  I'm not awareThai Banks show Tfrs as Foreign Tfrs... 

The do if it comes directly to them. If it sirst gores to another Thai bank and then is transferred to them, they don't. this is the issue with most Fx services. Hence my question.

However, the way they show it varies greatly by bank. Soem use obscure codes limited to their bank i.e. not necessarily obvious to someone else (e.g. IO) reading it.via SWIFT

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The do if it comes directly to them. If it sirst gores to another Thai bank and then is transferred to them, they don't. this is the issue with most Fx services. Hence my question.

However, the way they show it varies greatly by bank. Soem use obscure codes limited to their bank i.e. not necessarily obvious to someone else (e.g. IO) reading it.via SWIFT

My Tfrs go directly to my K bank acc & that shows on the Currency Traders confirmation!... There's no issue it's a straight-forward Tfr via SWIFT. The Confirmation matches the Tfr amount in the Bank Acc...No problem!!

On 2/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, skatewash said:

There was another poster who claimed that over the course of a year 10 showed up coded as FTT and two did not.  Also, customers have corresponded with TW and the emails received have been posted.  TW's position is that it has no control over how their partner banks code the transfer.  The pathway is not guaranteed.  What happened this month may not happen the next month.  I assume you're speaking about customers who have used TW into Bangkok Bank and you're correct the vast majority of those transactions seem to be coded as FTT.  The same does not seem to be the case with Kasikorn and I haven't seen any reports about people trying with TMB.  As you say it's absolutely not a problem right up until it becomes a problem --

Yes I'm using Bangkok Bank.  It seems the MAJORITY of people tho receive FTT consistently.  Also it seems to me, the worrying is a bit premature as you have stated, No one knows to the degree of scrutiny that will done for verification.  Also the inconsistency between each Immigration Office.  What happens in Chang Mai, may not be the same as Bangkok vs Jomtien.   People from each area will have to wait til it is clear how each office is handling the situation.   My renewal isn't due til Nov, so I'll have time to make any adjustment needed.

Edited by TheThai

Just reading through the latter part of this thread, I noticed that someone had posted that the 65K per month method actually started on January 1, and if this is so then I have missed that deadline!

I've posted a few times about trying to ensure that my pensions from the UK and NZ show up in Bangkok bank as international transfers, however all of my investigations have proven a little fruitless, this after talking to both pension bodies in those countries and seeing what has been written here.

The only fly in the ointment for me was the fact that I would have to top up the income from my pensions arriving in my Bangkok bank with a small amount every month from my New Zealand bank, and that, because it is an international transfer, involves me doing that transfer manually every month (my bank does not allow international transfers to be done automatically, like a direct credit).

So I would have to manually get into my account every month, and even if I had both pensions sent to my bank in New Zealand and then transferred over here, it would show up (along with my top up) as an international transfer...great, BUT it would mean me manually transferring those, or at least accessing my account online to do so on a monthly basis.

And the problem I have with that is if I am incapacitated for some reason, or in hospital for something or another, then the transfer will not get done and I fall foul of the Thai immigration folk.

So it looks like I will have to use the 800K method, much to my dismay, to be really sure that everything goes smoothly. Such a shame as I do not like tying up money when it could be earning interest in my home country.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

• 9 months later...