Pope says he is committed to stopping sexual abuse of nuns

webfact

1 minute ago, HuskerDo said:

"My home for eternity will be in the Mekong River, where my ashes will be scattered." I'm sad to here this is what you consider to be your eternity Spidey.

I have no words for what happened to your father nor the babies in the graveyard. Both are horrific. But remember those situations were all conducted by humans. Yes, they were "supposed" to be representatives of God on this Earth. They failed. Don't let their failures define your eternal home tho. 

There is no God, here on earth or anywhere else. Fact. As I said, my eternal home will be in the Mekong.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunate of you Hummin. You offered nothing to the conversation. Rather just a childish response. Sad.

Well, monty python did a great job, when their movie Life of Brian made the headlines, and was banned from the public in many countries. Humor can be a good thing to discover the truth in a good way

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Found it thanks. After his experiences as a boy/young man, my father became a lifelong evangelical atheist.

I take my teachings from him. 

It's sad that you are allowing your eternity to be established by sad circumstances that your father had to endure. I hope you reconsider eternity. Basing your eternity on things that happened to your father is doing you no good.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There is no God, here on earth or anywhere else. Fact. As I said, my eternal home will be in the Mekong.

Ok, If that is your belief then so be it. You are wrong tho. You are just angry with a lot of pent up things as is understandable. I hope you find peace in your life. 

30 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

If you thought taking your mother all the way to Lourdes for a "cure", well, shame on you for giving her false hope. No one lives forever. We all die via different means/ways. Our relationship with God is what secures our ultimate home for eternity.

BTW, a truly "devout" Priest (which I admit there are few of) would never fleece people. Trusting in God and not the things and people of this world is the only path.   

The Pope's hat could feed a starving village in his hometown for months.  Talk about devout?  I have never seen an organization that was rotten on the top that was not rotten all the way through. 

Just now, HuskerDo said:

It's sad that you are allowing your eternity to be established by sad circumstances that your father had to endure. I hope you reconsider eternity. Basing your eternity on things that happened to your father is doing you no good.

I'm doing fine thanks. Having raised 2 wonderful children who are a credit to me and society, are reward enough. I am now continuing my good work with a Thai child. I will die a happy, fulfilled and contented man.

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, monty python did a great job, when their movie Life of Brian made the headlines, and was banned from the public in many countries. Humor can be a good thing to discover the truth in a good way

Yes, I'm quite sure Monte Python is the expert we should all follow. Please try to be a tad more realistic.

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

The Pope's hat could feed a starving village in his hometown for months.  Talk about devout?  I have never seen an organization that was rotten on the top that was not rotten all the way through. 

Thank God for Marcusaurelius! Oh, I forgot, you are God. Joking aside, never a truer word was said.

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Well that I'll agree with for the mostpart. 

Yes, I'm quite sure Monte Python is the expert we should all follow. Please try to be a tad more realistic.

Hehe, I think we leave it there ???? 

once the followers of Jesus, had the same rage and statements as this gentleman. It is horrific to discover what people can do when they believe so strongly in one faith. History is full of it, and as we know, history will always repeat itself. 

I'm doing fine thanks. Having raised 2 wonderful children who are a credit to me and society, are reward enough. I am now continuing my good work with a Thai child. I will die a happy, fulfilled and contented man.

Yes, but will you end up in a good place for eternity? Earthly works, while all good, will not ensure where you will spend eternity.  

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

once the followers of Jesus, had the same rage and statements as this gentleman. It is horrific to discover what people can do when they believe so strongly in one faith. History is full of it, and as we know, history will always repeat itself. 

Not a laughing matter Hummin. Not one bit. 

Actually, I'm thinking of joining them. I quite fancy 70 virgins to keep me company in the afterlife. I just hope that heaven is like a fishbowl and I get to choose. I don't want to be stuck with a load of fat munters for eternity.

Just now, HuskerDo said:

Not a laughing matter Hummin. Not one bit. 

The laughing point, is when you say Monthy Python is less expert than the believers in one solely manmade god! You claim to know, and Im interested to know how you know, and how you can believe so strong. Why do you know the truth? 

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Actually, I'm thinking of joining them. I quite fancy 70 virgins to keep me company in the afterlife. I just hope that heaven is like a fishbowl and I get to choose. I don't want to be stuck with a load of fat munters for eternity.

I never had the patience with one single virgin, so why should I put up with 70? My first gf was older than me, and she knew what I needed, so why virgin, but how could I know? Never had one, so hard to tell

Sad. Have a great day tho. I'm heading out. Better things to do. Take care all.

The laughing point, is when you say Monthy Python is less expert than the believers in one solely manmade god! You claim to know, and Im interested to know how you know, and how you can believe so strong. Why do you know the truth? 

In my youth, 2 of my friends read in Oz magazine that if you drop 10 tabs of acid you will see God. They did just that. Although they did claim to have indeed seen God during there experience, one committed suicide a few months later and the other spent the rest of his life in a mental asylum.

Best steering well clear of God.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

In my youth, 2 of my friends read in Oz magazine that if you drop 10 tabs of acid you will see God. They did just that. Although they did claim to have indeed seen God during there experience, one committed suicide a few months later and the other spent the rest of his life in a mental asylum.

That was a looong time ago.....????

Just now, Spidey said:

I guess we all had difficult times, and we where searching for some meaning in this thing we call life. Some find healthy hobbies, some intoxicate themselves, and others find god, some do all above. 

I also know it is common to hear voices, and some people see things, so who knows, the nature do its best to test us sometimes. Indeed. 

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It's not just a "belief" Hummin. It's a "known". A belief can be proven wrong yet a "known" cannot be disputed. God is not man made. Once you come around to that line of thinking it'll be a great start.

3 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

It's not just a "belief" Hummin. It's a "known". A belief can be proven wrong yet a "known" cannot be disputed. God is not man made. Once you come around to that line of thinking it'll be a great start.

Well if man didn't make him who did? Aliens? Ah, it all becomes clear, you're a Scientologist.

L. Ron Hubbard rules! Now he did know how to write a good book.

13 hours ago, Peasandmash said:

Jesus said, "I have not come to condemn the world, I came here to save it". From this scripture it is clear Jesus knew of the evil man was capable of doing.

Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying." This is the promise that believers and non-believers should focus on.

Today, the greatest minds of science have demonstrated that at the quantum level everything is made up of energy and intelligence.  What is the origin of this intelligence? Some claim it is consciousness, a soul that pervades the Universe. 

God Bless

An excerpt from  "The Open Secret" by Tony Parsons, a businessman who had a sudden spontaneous awakening while walking in a park in Balham of all places, his ego, the 'I' died at that moment, not only was there no longer a Tony Parsons he said but also the realization that there never had been.

" There is no me or you, no seeker, no enlightenment, no disciple and no guru. There is no better or worse, no path and nothing that has to be achieved. All appearance is source. All that apparently manifests - the world, the life story, the hypnotic dream of separation, the search for home, is the one appearing as two, the nothing appearing as everything, the absolute appearing as the particular.

There is no separate intelligence weaving a destiny, and no choice functioning at any level. Nothing is happening, but this, as it is, invites the apparent seeker to rediscover that which already is.....the abiding, uncaused, unchanging, impersonal silence from which unconditional love overflows and celebrates, it is the wonderful mystery....." 

2 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

I agree the Pope is not Gods voice on Earth. Don't seek the people of this world to tell you how to live in this world. Only a fool would do that as we are all sinners. Instead seek God and he will lead you. If you don't believe in him then that's your option. Just don't expect him to be at your side on judgement day if you choose to reject him simply because the religious leaders in this world failed you.  

Which GOD are you talking about please?

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

Well, I understand and you make a few points but when you say "There is no human on this planet who know what god is, and what god wants" that is untrue. What he want's is all written down for you to read and understand. 

Written down where, and by who please?

And as for understanding, I cannot read Hebrew, or Arabic or Greek. 

Archived