Papers Please! BTS Cash Card Users Must Disclose Personal Info

webfact

5 hours ago, chillimuncher said:

I had similar experience with my 7-Eleven Smart Purse card which I usually top up with Bt 500 at a time. They explained that it is now compulsory to register the Smart Purse card with my ID and phone number otherwise I cannot top up again. I tried to register with my Thai driving licence and passport, but the cashier said they will only accept Thai national ID cards.

Inked7-Eleven Smart Purse_LI.jpg

I had the same in the first week of this year. The new policy want their customers have the card registered with ID card.

I gave my ID card but was , same as with you, denied.  They only accepted Thai BLUE ID card. Very frustating,  but I wanted to keep the 7eleven card with a few thousands of points on it, but it is now registered with my GFs ID card. The only thing that connect it with me is the phone number, which is 100% mine and registered as mine.

But hey,  a free cup of coffee too was mine. ????

Rgds,

11 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

This place has gone off the rails. :post-4641-1156693976:

Seriously though...if not already, then fast becoming the most paranoid, ridiculous, invasive, over the top, greedy, rip-off, shithole in the world. 

Notify immigration when arrive, stay elsewhere, return, 90 days...take a dump! 

Home visits! 

SIM registration w/passport.

Free Wi-Fi in malls, airports, McD's, BK, etc...passport and phone numbers. (don't use them. by the time bothered to go thru the sign up...coffee is cold...missed my flight)

Requiring and now holding hostage, egregious amounts of foreigners money for visa extensions. 

No alcohol sales from 2-5 pm. (whats the diff from 1:45 to 2:01 or 4:45 to 5:01...other than 16 mins)

And on and on...

...And now this! The stupid hits just keep on coming in this joke of a formerly wonderful, formerly easy breezy place. 

Adding to the list... 

...ID or passport required to send anything by Thai Postal Service. 

21 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Adding to the list... 

...ID or passport required to send anything by Thai Postal Service. 

I'm aware of that rule, but it seems to be somewhat in flux...

As in, in the past, even when I wanted to mail a letter to local Immigration, my local Post Office in BKK was asking for my passport -- when the rule first began, they'd accept a copy for a while, but after that, they were insisting on the original.

Now last week or so when I went to mail a regular business letter, the staff at the same Post Office told me I didn't need any passport to mail a letter or small envelope inside Thailand, but still would need the passport either for a large envelope or any box.

YMMV...

47 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm aware of that rule, but it seems to be somewhat in flux...

As in, in the past, even when I wanted to mail a letter to local Immigration, my local Post Office in BKK was asking for my passport -- when the rule first began, they'd accept a copy for a while, but after that, they were insisting on the original.

Now last week or so when I went to mail a regular business letter, the staff at the same Post Office told me I didn't need any passport to mail a letter or small envelope inside Thailand, but still would need the passport either for a large envelope or any box.

YMMV...

Well that's sumthin', I guess. We normally send packages/boxes. 

and next year no more MRT metal detectors,  will  modernize    Xray-Alien-BadGuys out  with

http://www.kfvs12.com/2019/02/04/people-arrested-using-facial-scanning-recognition-technology-london/

and then I imagine  google will auction off   the Thought-Crime  algorithm AI bots ..... for their  duty to their shareholders,  to highest Dubai & Asian bidders  ....

Can I put 2 million THB on a rabbit card...please,no i am not a money launderer,just do a lot of traveling.

wonder how all these corrupt people in Thailand launder their multi millions,

just carry it out in suitcases i suppose.

regards worgeordie