British man leaps to his death from Pattaya condo

webfact

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Unless the poor man was indeed mentally ill, I am not sure how your wife leaving you can lead to suicide.  if you are so emotionally dependant on another person for your very life, then that is not a  love that I recognise, it's a form of emotional slavery/bondage/addiction of the very worst kind. Never put yourself in that position, not ever. 

I recognise that condition very well. It's called true love. I can't explain it here, you'd need to buy a book on it. Many couples who have suffered heart break when one partner dies, and they too die within weeks. It's an identifiable medical condition.

Also, the guy could have blamed himself for the breakup and been full of remorse. Common here.

RIP the guy, at least he experienced true love in his life.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I recognise that condition very well. It's called true love. I can't explain it here, you'd need to buy a book on it. Many couples who have suffered heart break when one partner dies, and they too die within weeks. It's an identifiable medical condition.

Also, the guy could have blamed himself for the breakup and been full of remorse. Common here.

RIP the guy, at least he experienced true love in his life.

I've been there too, as have many people, but I would never let another person/relationship/situation take my precious life from me, however indirectly. 

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I have said many times on TV that I suffer from mild depression. And it is one of the reasons I don't live in Pattaya. And why I don't drink. 

It is hard to understand if you don't suffer from depression, but the worst thing you can do is live in a "fake" party town like Pattaya.  

Visiting is OK.

Until you have had a full blown panic attack, you do really think you are dying. It is a form of torture that can come on suddenly and once you have had one, more just seem to come with time. I have spent three months once almost straight in bed with depression and then I spent time in a facility getting better. It's a hard battle the depression. 

I agree that depression and a town like Pattaya would be a nightmare for someone like me. Dealing with fake times and fake people via the bars would do your head in very quickly. Add drinking to it and then maybe money, wife, visa problems or something of the sort, you can go down very low, very quick. 

Pattaya for a day or three is fine but full time, no thanks.

I feel sorry for the deceased as there is plenty of help here in Thailand if you know where to look and are prepared to do a bit of work in keeping well. I can have weekly doctor sessions here for nearly next to nothing (what I have been doing now for nearly 10 years) and it makes a big difference.

RIP - so sad 

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Must have been a very fragile person,with all the

fish in the sea.....sad he had to take his own life

RIP

regards Worgeordie

Might not have been about fish; might have been about pounds - a few million lost to her and her family. Or maybe not.

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

That takes some balls to throw yourself of the balcony, there's no turning back

There was a documentary a while ago about people who jumped from the Golden Gate bridge in California.

Some survived the jump and I remember one of them saying that the moment after they jumped they realized that all of their problems could be solved... except the one they were stuck in at that very moment.

Wonder how many other jumpers also have a sudden moment of clarity like that. 

8 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Rip

Apparently the rescue services team performed Xrays, concluding there were multiple fractures.

Anyone who has done a first aid course (EFR if you're American) will know that it is very easy to establish whether someone has fractures following a traumatic incident.

Obviously not your forte. 

9 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Rip

Apparently the rescue services team performed Xrays, concluding there were multiple fractures.

fractures can very clear even without an x-ray.  a friend of mine big wave surfer had an injury and his foot was literally in his mouth. no x ray needed to figure it out. femur was clearly broken

another subtle hint is when the broken bone ends are sticking out of the skin

x rays are used pre reduction and post reduction

10 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

I will never understand why things like this happen here, in the land of plenty.

Poor guy...

Perhaps because some guys actually differentiate between the woman they love, and all the rest of them.

3 hours ago, Crash999 said:

There was a documentary a while ago about people who jumped from the Golden Gate bridge in California.

Some survived the jump and I remember one of them saying that the moment after they jumped they realized that all of their problems could be solved...

The problems couldnt have been that big, if they were able to solve them that quickly

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:
3 hours ago, Crash999 said:

Some survived the jump and I remember one of them saying that the moment after they jumped they realized that all of their problems could be solved...

The problems couldnt have been that big, if they were able to solve them that quickly

There's an order of magnitude difference between seeing the solution and implementing it.  I have often seen the solution to a humongous problem in a flash, though that process of solving it would take months or years.

8 hours ago, seahorse said:

It's one of the most successful ways of killing yourself as long as you jump from 4 stories or higher and go head first. 

Most lethal methods of suicide

I'm not recommending it, merely pointing out facts. 

i  think youll find it needs to be 10th floor (3metres per  floor)  and  higher to be sure of death, youd  need  maximum acceleration isnt it 10m/psecond gwavity..........physics never  a  strong  point for me

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

What would it take for you to jump out a window? does it seem inconceivable to you?

he must of had some real money, depression, health and possibly drinking problems for his wife to leave him. 

Panic disorder or anxiety can make dealing with even the most simple things very difficult to do. 

I have said many times on TV that I suffer from mild depression. And it is one of the reasons I don't live in Pattaya. And why I don't drink. 

It is hard to understand if you don't suffer from depression, but the worst thing you can do is live in a "fake" party town like Pattaya.  

Visiting is OK. :clap2:

Your post reminded me of the 9/11 tragedy, were people threw themselves off the tower because of the intense heat inside the building ... you'd do anything to get away from intense heat, even though you are certain to die. 

Brexit is going to cause an awful lot of Brits living outside the UK to fall victim to the same fate. They're going to lose their pensions and all the rights they had under the European Union laws. Brexit is going to make the pound worth 25-30 baht at best, which will make continued life in Thailand beyond the financial reach of many. Very tough times lie ahead for Brits in Thailand. The party is almost over.

8 hours ago, kannot said:

i  think youll find it needs to be 10th floor (3metres per  floor)  and  higher to be sure of death, youd  need  maximum acceleration isnt it 10m/psecond gwavity..........physics never  a  strong  point for me

You're very close its 9.81 m s-2 

I reckon head first, the second floor could kill you. Falling from a height of just 6 m you would hit the ground with a speed of 39 kph, that would put a force on the brain of around 80G.  

31 minutes ago, Elad said:

You're very close its 9.81 m s-2 

I reckon head first, the second floor could kill you. Falling from a height of just 6 m you would hit the ground with a speed of 39 kph, that would put a force on the brain of around 80G.  

actually, g varies between approx. 9.78 at the equator and 9.83 at the poles.

14 hours ago, rtco said:

RIP mate.

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so it's lucky that I live in a one-story house. But it's got a pool so maybe I should be careful. 

Only if all the water has been taken out.

10 hours ago, kannot said:

9.81 m/s2... sad I remember that yet forget names in seconds. 

3 hours ago, Thainess said:

Brexit is going to cause an awful lot of Brits living outside the UK to fall victim to the same fate. They're going to lose their pensions and all the rights they had under the European Union laws. Brexit is going to make the pound worth 25-30 baht at best, which will make continued life in Thailand beyond the financial reach of many. Very tough times lie ahead for Brits in Thailand. The party is almost over.

Damn can't get away from that shit!

Archived