British man leaps to his death from Pattaya condo

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, impulse said:

Perhaps because some guys actually differentiate between the woman they love, and all the rest of them.

The point is that at a certain point in life a man realizes that nothing lasts forever, especially relationship wise. The beautiful thing today, in Thailand, is that one does not need to meet a bar girl to replace the lost one. One can simply go online dating as a solution. Plenty of decent women there to meet, and the rush of meeting someone new will never wear off I believe. IMHO, love is just a chemical reaction that can be emulated over and over again.

1 hour ago, manarak said:

actually, g varies between approx. 9.78 at the equator and 9.83 at the poles.

I can't see how that's true. I used to live at 53deg N. I now live at 11deg N. By your calculations I should be noticeably lighter now. How come when I stand on a pair of scales now it shows a much bigger number than when I weighed myself in the UK? I always thought that Isaac Newton was full of BS.

2 hours ago, LazySlipper said:
13 hours ago, impulse said:

Perhaps because some guys actually differentiate between the woman they love, and all the rest of them.

The point is that at a certain point in life a man realizes that nothing lasts forever, especially relationship wise.

Except that about half of marriages do last forever.

Of course, if someone considers women to be little more than walking, talking life support systems for their private bits...............they'll fit right in here.

And that may explain how many women consider men to be just walking wallets with strong backs for moving furniture.

On 2/7/2019 at 1:55 AM, impulse said:

I certainly hope they dig a little deeper than that.  For example, who stands to gain upon his demise?  The couple had split up, but if they were still married, she (and any new partner she may have) stands to inherit his estate.  By my count, that's at least one and maybe 2 suspects.

who says he had any estate to inherit

On 2/7/2019 at 3:06 AM, Pilotman said:

Unless the poor man was indeed mentally ill, I am not sure how your wife leaving you can lead to suicide.  if you are so emotionally dependant on another person for your very life, then that is not a love that I recognise, it's a form of emotional slavery/bondage/addiction of the very worst kind. Never put yourself in that position, not ever. 

Yes Sir!

Thank you Sir!

You're obviously here with a trusting and loving partner but still quite new. After a few months, maybe you'll begin to notice the hopelessly, emotionally dependent farang "wallets" as they shlep-shlep around the Big C's of this world at the weekend with their boat anchor in tow. Once that anchor chain parts, it can be quite distressing, especially when you suddenly find yourself bobbing about all alone in country that you suddenly realize isn't your home and probably never really was.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes Sir!

Thank you Sir!

You're obviously here with a trusting and loving partner but still quite new. After a few months, maybe you'll begin to notice the hopelessly, emotionally dependent farang "wallets" as they shlep-shlep around the Big C's of this world at the weekend with their boat anchor in tow. Once that anchor chain parts, it can be quite distressing, especially when you suddenly find yourself bobbing about all alone in country that you suddenly realize isn't your home and probably never really was.

You are making a lot of assumptions about me, someone you don't know. 

On 2/7/2019 at 3:52 PM, rtco said:

RIP mate.

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks so it's lucky that I live in a one-story house. But it's got a pool so maybe I should be careful. 

Jumping out of a one story building into a swimming pool would not be a serious suicide bid , must try harder.

On a more serious note I would like to hear what the lady has to say.

48 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Jumping out of a one story building into a swimming pool would not be a serious suicide bid , must try harder.

On a more serious note I would like to hear what the lady has to say.

I read his post as it would be easy to drown himself.  

8 hours ago, paulikens said:
On 2/6/2019 at 7:55 PM, impulse said:

I certainly hope they dig a little deeper than that.  For example, who stands to gain upon his demise?  The couple had split up, but if they were still married, she (and any new partner she may have) stands to inherit his estate.  By my count, that's at least one and maybe 2 suspects.

who says he had any estate to inherit

That's one of the first things I'd expect them to investigate.  Right along with "How tall was the balcony railing?"

It may have been a tragic case of suicide.  But if the guy was my friend or my brother, I'd hope they spend a little more than one 15 minute news cycle to investigate. 

On 2/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, impulse said:

The evidence you have should be taken to the police.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, impulse said:

how do you know SHE INHERITS THE ESTATE?? he might have been renting a condo!! and made a will leaving ALL to someone else.....do not assume !!

I was told years ago that to assume makes a fool of YU AND ME !!!

5 hours ago, essox essox said:

how do you know SHE INHERITS THE ESTATE?? he might have been renting a condo!! and made a will leaving ALL to someone else.....do not assume !!

I was told years ago that to assume makes a fool of YU AND ME !!!

I don't know she does.  But in the time before they declared it a suicide, neither do the police know.  They don't know whether there's any assets, who stands to inherit them, how high the balcony railing is, or any one of a dozen pieces of information that requires time to investigate.

I said they're suspects.  I didn't say they're guilty.  I said there should be an investigation.

In this scenario, you'd be the one assuming that the cops were correct in their 15 minute investigation.  I'd prefer they dig a little deeper.

Archived