Seek Clarification with respect to Marriage visa Financial requirements

19 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Is this your guess or a recently demonstrated reality? Didn't happen the first time I used the 400k method a few years ago before switching to the (now no longer available) Embassy letter.

Has this been suggested by your own IO.

My previous reply was in relation to that scenario.

Under the existing rule, of which there is no change, your only required to provide proof of the 400K deposit for 2 months prior to the application date.

There is no requirement to keep the 400K in your bank for the 30 day consideration period …… unless your IO is making up non existent rules, or confusing it with the new criteria for retirement extension 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Has this been suggested by your own IO.

My previous reply was in relation to that scenario.

Under the existing rule, of which there is no change, your only required to provide proof of the 400K deposit for 2 months prior to the application date.

There is no requirement to keep the 400K in your bank for the 30 day consideration period …… unless your IO is making up non existent rules, or confusing it with the new criteria for retirement extension 

Also...no printed notice requiring you to bring anything other than TM7 form,  passport and yellow reminder slip to a 90 day report.

Plus...can do 90 day report by mail..online?? No bank book required.

Then IF THEY abolish 90 reporting different scenario again??

14 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

wrong

wbrroobaa01

Immigration order 327/2557. Section 2.18

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual
income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a
bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Is this your guess or a recently demonstrated reality? Didn't happen the first time I used the 400k method a few years ago before switching to the (now no longer available) Embassy letter.

Being asked to show the 400k — during the 30 day under consideration period, or when having the permit issued at the end of the 30 days — is not new. It’s happened, albeit rarely, before.

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Being asked to show the 400k — during the 30 day under consideration period, or when having the permit issued at the end of the 30 days — is not new. It’s happened, albeit rarely, before.

You'd have to question by who's authority and if they had the authority to amend the conditions of a written order at your local IO, that being the case and it caused you concern.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Immigration order 327/2557. Section 2.18

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual
income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a
bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

quote from pattaya immi guidelines application for extension of stay to support a thai spouse

5.2  if having funds deposited with a bank(s) in thailand (savings/fixed acount}

-must have a balance of no less than thb 400.000 in the bank account for the past 3 months from the date of submission.

who is wrong pattaya immigration ??? leaflet handed to me 070219

wbr

roobaa01

8 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

quote from pattaya immi guidelines application for extension of stay to support a thai spouse

5.2  if having funds deposited with a bank(s) in thailand (savings/fixed acount}

-must have a balance of no less than thb 400.000 in the bank account for the past 3 months from the date of submission.

wbr

roobaa01

Pattaya a Immigration is wrong, as has been previously pointed out before.

If I'd have taken the word of an IO and not challenged him, I'd have never obtained my very first extension based on retirement.

Edited by Tanoshi

8 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

wbr

roobaa01

Pattaya immigration are wrong.

Their own leaflet quotes 3 months then 2 months. Obviously both can’t be right.

The standerd rules require 2 months.

Edited by elviajero

6 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

Just an out of date leaflet handed out by them. If you were to ask them about it I am certain the would tell you it is really 2 months since I aware of them telling people that.

17 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You'd have to question by who's authority and if they had the authority to amend the conditions of a written order at your local IO, that being the case and it caused you concern.

Yes, but it doesn’t mean that authority doesn’t exist.

The best advice has always been to leave the funds untouched until the extension has been granted.

IO’s are issued orders all the time that often aren’t made public.

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes, but it doesn’t mean that authority doesn’t exist.

The best advice has always been to leave the funds untouched until the extension has been granted.

IO’s are issued orders all the time that often aren’t made public.

Agreed, but if it has a serious implication to you remaining in Thailand, then it needs questioning by who and on who's authority. I would have never obtained my first extension if I'd have just accepted what I was being told.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Agreed, but if it has a serious implication to you remaining in Thailand, then it needs questioning by who and on who's authority. I would have never obtained my first extension if I'd have just accepted what I was being told.

anyway jomtien have amended the rules as this is within their authority, another sample is the jomtien rule marriage extension having no kids the couple is request 1. bring a witness every year to confirm the marriage 2. witness must be from pattaya.

wbr

roobaa01

17 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

anyway jomtien have amended the rules as this is within their authority, another sample is the jomtien rule marriage extension having no kids the couple is request 1. bring a witness every year to confirm the marriage 2. witness must be from pattaya.

wbr

roobaa01

I did a married extension late last year at Jomtien and no requirement to bring a witness to imm office, it was never mentioned or written on the list or requirements, they just spoke to condo office staff (as witness) when the did home visit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I agree. It's the age old problem of inconsistencies between offices.

Given the change to retirement funding I think it's likely that keeping the 400K during the under consideration period will become the norm.

I also think people ought to stop thinking in terms of 400K and 800K. To get either extension you need 800K/400K plus living expenses.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, elviajero said:

I agree. It's the age old problem of inconsistencies between offices.

Given the change to retirement funding I think it's likely that keeping the 400K during the under consideration period will become the norm.

I also think people ought to stop thinking in terms of 400K and 800K. To get either extension you need 800K/400K plus living expenses.

Only during seasoning.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:31 PM, roobaa01 said:

wbr

roobaa01

Sri ratcha, another Chonburi immigration office, introduced the witness for childless couples ruling back in 2015, I baled out of marriage extension in favour of retirement.

The ruling on witnesses is they must live relatively close to the applicant, not all applicants are from Pattaya.