New Rules- update - Pattaya Meeting

wtaf? So no mention of the 'elephant in the room' i.e. the recent massive thread on TV about Big Jokes changes to extensions needing 400k all yr around and 800k 3 months after ?? Did I miss something? Cannot keep up with all the overnight changes in rules. I think I will just go back in July for my next annual retirement extension as if nothing has changed. What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm....

First-Time application for a 1 year extension to a Retirement Visa will need to show 800,000 Thai Baht in a Thai Bank for first 3 months of the extension

I trust that they're not suggesting that the 65k monthly income method is a no-no for first-time applicants!

However in place of ‘Income Letters’ you must show a minimum transfer value of 65,000 Baht per month to your Thai bank account each month of the year for Retirement extension (40,000 Baht per month for marriage).

And I trust that they're not suggesting that those whose embassies still issue income confirmations in one form or another are no longer permitted to use these to prove 65k monthly income!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If that info is all they put out it is certainly lacking a lot of details and their is lot of it that is not correct.

Absolutely.

More confusion than information, like in this piece:

54 minutes ago, Thailand said:

However in place of ‘Income Letters’ you must show a minimum transfer value of 65,000 Baht per month to your Thai bank account each month of the year

"Income letter" plus monthly transfer?

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Income letter" plus monthly transfer?

It says in place of. IE for those whose embassies do not supply a letter, or those who don't want to go get one, 65,000 minimum per month must be shown. Other than being non-committal about showing it as coming from overseas, that matches the general belief of the posters here.

• Like 1

Just for information.

German and Swiss embassies/consulates explicitly confirm that the income certificate will be issued as in the past.

Both require proof of income.

Swiss seem to certify pension income only.

(just read their latest newsletter)

• Like 1

First time application: "First-Time application for a 1 year extension to a Retirement Visa will need to show 800,000 Thai Baht in a Thai Bank for first 3 months of the extension"

Anyone know what rules apply for all subsequent applications?

Edited by 2tall

19 minutes ago, 2tall said:

First time application: "First-Time application for a 1 year extension to a Retirement Visa will need to show 800,000 Thai Baht in a Thai Bank for first 3 months of the extension"

The new rule is actually two months for all before, three months for all after, and after that not to go under 400K until the beginning of the next 800K seasoning period. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The new rule is actually two months for all before, three months for all after, and after that not to go under 400K until the beginning of the next 800K seasoning period. 

I am guessing the information posted on the expats club website was a precis of what was actually said. It would have appeared on the website only a short time after the meeting was finished and I posted just after that as I happened to be looking at the site knowing a meeting was taking place this morning

If correct this is very important,and was what I had heard before First-Time application for a 1 year extension to a Retirement Visa will need to show 800,000 Thai Baht in a Thai Bank for first 3 months of the extension"

But as always with this complete fiasco yet to be confirmed by immigration themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2tall said:

Where did you get that from? The rule used to be 2 months before for a new application and 3 for subsequent ones. A recent change due 1st March makes it 2 months before and 3 after. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

• Thailand
  • Advanced Members
  • 9,273 posts

From the website relating to new rules following meeting today a.m. http://pattayaexpatsclub.info/wp/visa-inf/

-VISA NEWS-

-NEW IMMIGRATION POLICE ORDER – February 2019-
First-Time application for a 1 year extension to a Retirement Visa will need to show 800,000 Thai Baht in a Thai Bank for first 3 months of the extension
(there may be more information to follow)

NEW IMMIGRATION POLICE ORDER-

No changes to the required amount in your Thai Bank account when applying for 1 yr extensions (800K for Retirement) (400K for Marriage)

However in place of ‘Income Letters’ you must show a minimum transfer value of 65,000 Baht per month to your Thai bank account each month of the year for Retirement extension (40,000 Baht per month for marriage).

The order makes no mention of the old ‘combination method’ of adding extra cash if your monthly income is below the figures stated above. 
And averaging the amount over the course of a year is also not mentioned.

We await clarification – expect local offices to disagree with the above explanation until a few have tested the water.

• Thanks 2
  •  

From the website relating to new rules following meeting today a.m. http://pattayaexpatsclub.info/wp/visa-inf/

-VISA NEWS-

-NEW IMMIGRATION POLICE ORDER – February 2019-
(there may be more information to follow)

NEW IMMIGRATION POLICE ORDER-

No changes to the required amount in your Thai Bank account when applying for 1 yr extensions (800K for Retirement) (400K for Marriage)

The order makes no mention of the old ‘combination method’ of adding extra cash if your monthly income is below the figures stated above. 
And averaging the amount over the course of a year is also not mentioned.

We await clarification – expect local offices to disagree with the above explanation until a few have tested the water.

• Thanks 2
  •  

•  Totally misleading / incorrect and not in accordance with the Police Order !
  •  
  • Edit

58 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

They use pix of Caribbean beaches, because that's where the expats they chase out will be living.

In this particular instance I can only infer that the Pattaya Expats Club were deluding themselves into believing that they were on some exotic Caribbean beach when they came up with this nonsense!????

If you crusty old farts can't put 800k in the bank, then you can't afford to be retired here.

I'm enjoying the tightening of retirement rules so much after all the smug comments from the old farts about younger guys staying here

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OJAS said:

In this particular instance I can only infer that the Pattaya Expats Club were deluding themselves into believing that they were on some exotic Caribbean beach when they came up with this nonsense!????

There was cold beer and sunshine, close enough!

This confuses things even more. There are numerous gaps in the description which render it even more uninformative than the initial statement made by the big man. Anything new, or of any interest, or of substance, is sadly non-existent. Just more doubt and more questions left unanswered.

I agree with those above who suggest getting rid of this whole thread altogether. Next time focus on the pertinent issues, rather than breakfast.

Edited by roger buttmore
spelling and tidy-up
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As so many members appears to consider this thread of little use I have asked the mods to remove it.

I will avoid posting on the subject until immigration themselves get their finger out and actually clarify the whole clusterf--k.

No holding my breath.

I have a friend who is an agent with good high up connections at immigration Soi 5.

According to him, most if not all officers locally anyway do not wish to follow new regs and do not even know how to follow as no guidelines were provided. 

It is quite possible any extensions that do not require Bangkok approval may be done under different regulations. 

Now i I am not saying it as a fact, I am just saying what he talked about and the feeling in immigration office. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Would it not be better just to delete this unhelpful topic. It is only going to add to the confusion.

Why? Because it doesn't agree with what the "experts" on Thai Visa are saying?

Clearly states that the new criteria for obtaining a retirement extension via the 800k baht route are for first time applicants only.

Something that others have been saying but poo pooed by the "experts" without any real proof.

No real proof either way but Key Visa do have a degree of credibility.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

why does the Pattaya Expats club use photos of Caribbean beaches on their website?   :cheesy:

ok. sorry. this is good information. keep up the good work.

When it comes to making expats heads explode, Thai Immigration does it one hell of a lot better than Pattaya Expats Club does.

• Haha 2