All topics about politics closed to comment here

thesetat2013

Why is it that every news story about the current situation with politics in thailand have been closed for members. 

Personally i think we should have our say as long as we don't violate any rules enforced by the current ruler. 

These news stories have been disturbing to say the least. 

TV should permit some discussion about the moral and ethical misgivings that are occuring with these new announcements as well as any positive views on them. 

Does anyone else feel this way also? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Firstly, I have to disagree that all stories about politics have been closed, as they have not. There is one very sensitive subject floating around right now and due to the lese majeste laws in Thailand, discussion of such is not allowed. If we allow members to discuss that, the chances are that next week there wont be a forum.

I foresee that the politicians themselves are going to have some serious problems in the coming weeks, and friend Prayut is probably having kittens over the matter. All of his underhand plotting seems likely to come to nothing.

We welcome discussion on a very wide range of topics and allow a lot of leeway on some stories, which are close to the mark, such as those that involve prostitution, another sensitive subject. The monarchy though, is above discussion, something that members really have no option other than to keep quiet about. Them is the rules I am afraid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Newspapers and TV stations in Thailand have my sympathy. The glaring deficiencies of a very immature Thai political system have become very obvious with the new shock entry into the election. The very subject every wants to talk about has been mixed with the one thing its prohibited to talk about. Its worse than dealing with children. 

• Like 2