Information on Non Imm O (Thai Spouse) multpile entry visa needed

I have a Non Imm O (Thai Spouse) multiple entry visa that I obtained in Australia before coming to Thailand. My question is can I do a border run and get a new entry stamp every 90 days or do I have to apply for an extension of temporary stay (TM7) within the first 90 days that I am here.

Others will have more up to date information.  I can only give my experience in Jomtien.  I also entered 19 months ago on a Non Imm.,  O visa based on marriage.  After 90 days I went to the Jomiten office and was told that I could not get an extension, I needed to leave the country and re enter, which I did then and a further 2 times before I then applied and was granted for a one year  extension of stay

You can do either if you meet conditions for extension of stay (financials if male).  During the last 30 days of any entry you can extend for one year.  During the last 30 days of any entry you can extend for 60 days (one time) without financials.  You may cross border at any time for a new 90 day entry during validity of visa.  Some offices allow application up to 45 days early - you lose no time in doing early.