Did We Just Get Cloud Seeded?

Somtham

Today has been a really hot and muggy day in Kamphaengphet but tonight there was some cloud cover. About 8pm there were 2 military jets that flew over, did four laps around the city and 15 minutes later it started thundering and lighting and now some small amount of rain is falling. I know HM Bumiphol is credited with cloud seeding some time back in the 50's if memory serves me correct.

Is this the result of cloud seeding? If so, who calls the military and who makes the decisions to do it? Any fallout from cloud seeding?

rgds

Today has been a really hot and muggy day in Kamphaengphet but tonight there was some cloud cover. About 8pm there were 2 military jets that flew over, did four laps around the city and 15 minutes later it started thundering and lighting and now some small amount of rain is falling. I know HM Bumiphol is credited with cloud seeding some time back in the 50's if memory serves me correct.

Is this the result of cloud seeding? If so, who calls the military and who makes the decisions to do it? Any fallout from cloud seeding?

rgds

Cloud seeding occurs here every year, Somtham, but I am pretty sure that it is not carried out by military jets. I also heard at least one jet this afternoon. It caused a massive double-sonic boom.

The rains you received were probably the tailcoats of a storm that hit my village at 3.00pm bringing very high winds and rain. Several roofs were torn off and mature trees felled. My house was not damaged but we were kept busy moping up water in every room (our windows are always open, and we have some roof leaks). The villagers were surprised to learn our thatched pig-pen was not at all damaged.

Cloud seeding was apparently conducted around three days ago over Mae Wong National Park, where a number of fires have been burning for quite a while.

The planes that I've seen flying often before rainfall - and therefore believe them to be cloud-seeding - have flown at relatively slow speeds and never appeared to me as military aircraft.

I am on the other side of Mae Wong to KhonWan and to the South of Somtham.

We had about 30 minutes steady rain yesterday afternoon but the heavy rains and storm seem to going to the East of me.

Last week we had a really heavy storm but suffered no damage thankfully.

We NEED more rain as the stream that I get water from once a week is almost dry. I have had no government water since the middle of January.

rgds

Had a plane fly over last week and Mae said that is what it was doing. It wasn't a jet though. It was one of those planes that has two tail sections that are conected to form a big square hole just behind the cargo area.

rgds

Cloud seeding occurs here every year, Somtham, but I am pretty sure that it is not carried out by military jets. I also heard at least one jet this afternoon. It caused a massive double-sonic boom.

The rains you received were probably the tailcoats of a storm that hit my village at 3.00pm bringing very high winds and rain. Several roofs were torn off and mature trees felled. My house was not damaged but we were kept busy moping up water in every room (our windows are always open, and we have some roof leaks). The villagers were surprised to learn our thatched pig-pen was not at all damaged.

Cloud seeding was apparently conducted around three days ago over Mae Wong National Park, where a number of fires have been burning for quite a while.

The planes that I've seen flying often before rainfall - and therefore believe them to be cloud-seeding - have flown at relatively slow speeds and never appeared to me as military aircraft.

I thought my property had suffered no damage but I thought wrong. Just learned this evening that 6 of my concrete posts carrying approx. 300m (at this section) of 50sq.mm x4 power cables were felled when a tree blew over. That'll keep me busy for a few days!

I thought my property had suffered no damage but I thought wrong. Just learned this evening that 6 of my concrete posts carrying approx. 300m (at this section) of 50sq.mm x4 power cables were felled when a tree blew over. That'll keep me busy for a few days!

Sorry to hear that KW. Do you have a way to shut off the electricity at the transformer before you do the work?

rgds

Sorry to hear that KW. Do you have a way to shut off the electricity at the transformer before you do the work?

rgds

Thanks Somtham. I could drop the three low-voltage online fuses at the transformer but I don't think I'll have to. The cables are not damaged.

rgds

Hope it was 'sufficient' :o

Yes, we just got cloud-seeded at 15.48 today (minutes ago)! One small plane obviously spraying (I could see a very clear vapour tail) made a turn above our village. I'll let you know if it rains.

Send the bugger over my way, you obviously have enough now.

Yes, we just got cloud-seeded at 15.48 today (minutes ago)! One small plane obviously spraying (I could see a very clear vapour tail) made a turn above our village. I'll let you know if it rains.

Send the bugger over my way, you obviously have enough now.

It didn't rain!

There is a lot of thunder and lightning around tonight but no rain. It is over your way I think.

There is also a fire on one of the hills which I haven't seen for a while.

All of the above but still no rain! And we could do with it here. The storm the other night brought our first (and only) rain since October - did nothing to fill the ponds though.