American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

webfact

The cheap charlie who had a good time but would not pay the 200 baht for his one night date, deserves everything he gets. He had no business getting mad at the staff of a place that only charges 200 baht to stay at. Any commenters who want to be this jerks new buddy, or lawyer friend, you are welcome to it.  I defend the guy who grabbed the jerk to restrain him, The American is either a tourist or traveller from a foreign country, shame on him for his not remembering this fact and behaving himself.  

Geezer

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for the record as it seems many Thai Visa posters are deprived of the facts.

He came at 4am drunk and noisy. Probably woke up a lot of other cheap Charlie guests.

It's a Hostel not a "Hotel". The rates are always charged per guest.

Why would his skank be allowed to freeload while there are other paying guests in the room?

Bringing your date to a hostel should be an automatic ban for 10 years.

58 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:
1 hour ago, SammyT said:

LOL. "I did it ages ago so it's okay" - great excuse

Every hotel or hostel I've ever checked into says that extras staying in the room are the responsibility of the individual guest. Everything he would have signed when checking in would have stated that. 

If you don't like how Thailand has become, why are you still here?

Thai apologist, don't like it go home, sanook nazi.

Maybe you can get a job with immigration checking TM30s.

Didn't answer my question though, did you? Keep giving out your fantastic legal advice, you're doing a great job. 

52 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Young lad.  If you read this thread, make sure you press for criminal charges against the young millienial lad that was assisting the Thais to detain you.

From his words in the Video, he was just another guest in the room.

He had absolutely no legal right to grab you or assist the Thai staff.

Please note that you should bring these criminal charges via legal proceedings (fong san).  The police will not help you.

If you happen to read this PM me and I will give you the details of how to proceed.

This is easily the most retarded thing I've ever read on this forum. Well done. 

49 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Yes, that young foreigner assisting the Thais is an utter disgrace. 

He was no doubt bent out of shape because the American lad got a bit of tail and he didn't.

Wow, you're a bit bitter about something that has absolutely no impact on you. With that sort of attitude I'm picking you haven't had "tail" (that you didn't have to pay a bar fine for) in a very long time

1 minute ago, SammyT said:

Wow, you're a bit bitter about something that has absolutely no impact on you. With that sort of attitude I'm picking you haven't had "tail" (that you didn't have to pay a bar fine for) in a very long time

It's been 47 years since my last free one ............

Although, my gf asked for 50bht after sex earlier this week, luckily for me her m/c wouldn't start later that day so I managed to earn the 50bht back. You might count that as a free one.

1 hour ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Back when I used to stay in this style of room it was open slather.  Often people would jump from one bed to the next. Swap partners...and compare notes with a laugh in the morning.

With your winning personality, I presume you just sat in the corner getting on the hand-trolley?

6 hours ago, Bullie said:

This sad sack of shit is in for a world of trouble now. He will be lucky if he gets away with a week in jail and a huge fine. Anyone know what happened to the girl?

Considering the maximum fine for punching someone is 1000 baht I find it unlikely that he will be lucky to avoid a huge fine and a weeks jail time.

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Had he been in a real hotel and brought a bargirl "home", the room service bill would have been more than 200B !!

Well not always, some do, some don't have joiner fees!

But a shared dorm.......?

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's been 47 years since my last free one ............

Although, my gf asked for 50bht after sex earlier this week, luckily for me her m/c wouldn't start later that day so I managed to earn the 50bht back. You might count that as a free one.

The lord giveth, then the lord taketh away

8 minutes ago, Rob5lax said:

Wasn’t that bad.  They were struggling over bag when he stupidly threw punch which didn’t connect and was immediately manhandled.  His voice was crackling at the end, he was scared and knew he messed up.  When I read headline I was expecting to see a MAGA hatted guy decking somebody.  Undoubtedly he’ll be serviced just deserts not to mention losing his bar fine.

Yes, highly unlikely to be a liberal lefty being promiscuous and begrudging paying his way and hitting people because he didnt get his own way , now is it 

6 hours ago, SammyT said:

We laugh about 200B, but I recently saw a guy threaten to punch a waitress at a live music bar because she told him he couldn't drink the Changs he had smuggled in, all to save a difference of about 15 baht per bottle between 7/11 prices and the bar prices. 

No idea what nationality he was, but there are pricks in every country. I don't think any one nation has a monopoly on it

That kind of cheap is so embarrassing.

Young lad.  If you read this thread, make sure you press for criminal charges against the young millienial lad that was assisting the Thais to detain you.

Please note that you should bring these criminal charges via legal proceedings (fong san).  The police will not help you.

If you happen to read this PM me and I will give you the details of how to proceed.

You haven't a clue, the guy hadn't paid his bill, Thailand's criminal code allows anyone to make a citizens arrest of someone who is accused of theft, and then he assaulted the staff, which again Thailand's criminal code allows a citizens arrest to be made for.  So, nothing unlawful on the part of the one who assisted, unlike the aggressive thief, who is caught on CCTV committing his crime and has exactly zero chance to prosecute those who detained him until the police arrived.

The guys nationality is irrelevent , he is simply a tool. It's bad enough that he doesn't have the simple decency to book a private room for his amorous pursuits . Whining about the 200 baht charge and getting violent simply confirms his arrogance and stupidity.

In this case a heavy fine and deportation would be just and thoroughly deserved.

He is entirely within his rights to bring a claim against that disgraceful young foreigner who assisted the Thai staff.

The charges will have to be filed by a lawyer.

I am sure you won't agree, but the "disgraceful young foreigner" might have saved him from worse consequences.

( not saying that i would do the same, i'd probably ignore the fight )

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

If she slept in the dorm then she slept in the dorm. No argument pay 200B.

Had he been in a real hotel and brought a bargirl "home", the room service bill would have been more than 200B !!

Load of garbage, most hotel rooms are for 2 people, girl usually asked to leave I.D. at reception. No extra charge.

The Farang who helped restrain him will face no charges. If you see a crime being committed (robbery/assault) you do not have to be a police officer to intervene.  Just cannot use violent /unnecessary force to restrain which the guy didn't. He never struck him just held him. The punk hit the Thai guy in the face and almost knocked the Thai hostess to the floor  pulling on the bag. In the US it would be called a citizens arrest.

Archived