Violent arrest at suvarnabhumi airport

HSMAN

2 minutes ago, kkerry said:

Not to worry, he'll receive a wai, some flowers and a basket of Brands bird-nest products from the airport manager if he turns out to be Chinese ????

Don’t quote me on it, lol. He sounded Thai. All of them were conversing with him, and him back to them. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, colinneil said:

HAMAN you say tourist 5 tourist police?

Tourist police do not carry SIGs.

What do they carry then? I’m aware they carry anything they can get their hands on. It was definitely a Sig Sauer.

Edited by HSMAN

1 hour ago, HSMAN said:

Thailand is a first world country too? With the established society and recourses it contains puts in in the category of 1st world. I’m failing to see the correlation? 

I think he was being sarcastic and referring to Australian police not the Thai police

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 2:37 PM, HSMAN said:

Thailand is a first world country too? With the established society and recourses it contains puts in in the category of 1st world. I’m failing to see the correlation? 

Once you leave the Plaza , Central, or any kind of oversized shopping Mall with Famous Name Brands and eateries to impress , you are in a third world country. You will trip on the pavement within 5 mins or smash your head on a pole if you don't watch your step. You will see rats scurrying around your feet while you enjoy your famous Thai street food, and god help you trying to cross the road in a "world famous Family Resort" such as Pattaya. Illusion Abounds. 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2019 at 3:54 PM, colinneil said:

Tourist police are not armed.

Could it have been Immigration Police or Airport Police?

Regardless of the semantics the criticism misses the point of the post - An arrest, a frackas, a gun (whatever the type) fell to the floor next to the perportrator... 

That the ‘Tourist Police’ carry guns and what brand is irrelevant - 5 members of a police force talked a guy an dropped his gun... Quite concerning... 

Even more concerning is that the Police here are trained to carry their guns with a round chambered (or at least the Thai Police Guys I know who’s guns handled (please, no pun intended) are trained in this manner).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

Nearly every response on this discussion has given me a slight form of autism. I feel that a majority of you lack any sort of analytical reading. The post is merely stating what I observed, and how dangerous it could have turned out to be. 

The fact an officers firearm and holster landed at the offenders fingertips and had to be secured by a passenger is quite concerning. 

But, you cynical old knobs love a good off topic shit stir. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 2:22 PM, HSMAN said:

Just saw a violent arrest happen at suvarnabhumi airport. 5 tourist police, on 5”3, slim build, Asian male. All I have to say is, disgusting. Their training is below sub par. No cover, contact procedure. Just all in like a bull in a china shop. Could have been a lot worse, as one of the officers Sigs popped out of that piece of shit holster from the local market, landed right at his finger tips before an passenger picked it up and secured it. I have to say, it’s frightening that they’re the police. I do appreciate Australian police, 1000x better trained.  

Are you kidding me ?  Australian police are rude fascist confrontational bullies. Thai police have always been polite, UK police are even better not armed ,address you as Sir unless you are violent, whatever the crime you may have committed, 2000x better trained. Best in the world.