What are the chances of Thai wife apologizing?

Pravda

11 hours ago, Pravda said:

Well, she came back from work.

I started grimacing and imitating the way she acts when p off and it seems to be amusing her so far.

Just like a puppy.

I would have fed her too, but she religiously brings her somtam almost every night.

Until next time!

What a waste of member input. Lot of mature people chiming in thinking they can help.....just seems so whimsical between the 2 of you on above post, like surly teenagers.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:18 AM, Pravda said:

But, does she ever say I'm sorry?

So much abuse and never an apology. Just quiet.

Mine said sorry all the time, but she never meant it- just to keep me hooked. 

She never ever discussed the problem, so it's really difficult to sort a relationship if one party won't discuss the problems.

My marriage ended in divorce, and it doesn't sound good for yours, to be honest.

42 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Some make it work, and some dont, you just have to find someone you match with, as you have to do in your home land. When you think you can just pick woman as apples and oranges, as many do, you will fail every time! 

Takes little bit social intelligens to understand that, but at once you do, you are on the way to make a decent living with a woman. 

LOL. I had the perfect partner and the perfect relationship, for a year, then, after we got married it started to go down hill till after 4 more years there was no reason to stay married and loads of reasons to get divorced.

Nothing is simple when it comes to farang marrying Thai woman. I'm sure the family were the cause of our problems but I'll never know for sure.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. I had the perfect partner and the perfect relationship, for a year, then, after we got married it started to go down hill till after 4 more years there was no reason to stay married and loads of reasons to get divorced.

Nothing is simple when it comes to farang marrying Thai woman. I'm sure the family were the cause of our problems but I'll never know for sure.

The first fail we do, and I say we, since we ofte with open eyes go in to a hostage situation before we know the person. We invest in the relationship with money, and they with time and taking care. At once you marry, you sold your self out, and she got everything (they think) and lower their effort. Plain simple

always keep them hungry, but still it is all about to take it easy, one step by one stop so both parties can get off the pink cloud dream they are experience, and get to know the person inside out. It takes 2 - 3 year at least. 

And I always said, get to know the family first. If you can not live with them, then for sure you can not live with your girl. True in most cases.

511E4259-3000-447B-BC03-71489297D35D.png

On 2/24/2019 at 8:31 AM, Mavideol said:

Easy said than done, start to apologize and she will start a new argument, try make up sex but didn't work either, she goes to sleep at sister house

As Forest Gump would say "arguing with any woman is like a box of chocolates". Some want to "talk" about things. Others just want to rant and rave about what you did (even if you haven't a clue). Still other times she's just on her cycle. 

If you care about her tell her so and ask what you can do. If it includes a financial issue then decide how important she is to you and make your decision. 

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Mine said sorry all the time, but she never meant it- just to keep me hooked. 

She never ever discussed the problem, so it's really difficult to sort a relationship if one party won't discuss the problems.

My marriage ended in divorce, and it doesn't sound good for yours, to be honest.

and of course everything was her fault. You were perfect in every way right? Yeesh!

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your mistake, letting her eat the carrot.

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did you treat the family as they were your own? When you marry a Thai woman you marry the family. Nothing confusing about that. It's the way it is in Thailand. If you disrespected her family in any way then that's where your problems most likely started.

1 minute ago, HuskerDo said:

and of course everything was her fault. You were perfect in every way right? Yeesh!

Where did I say I was perfect? I said she would never discuss the problem, so how was I supposed to sort it out? Perhaps you could read what I say next time instead of jumping to erroneous conclusions.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Where did I say I was perfect? I said she would never discuss the problem, so how was I supposed to sort it out? Perhaps you could read what I say next time instead of jumping to erroneous conclusions.

You just need to understand women beachlover. It's hard sometimes but usually taking responsibility for "anything" she complaints about will solve a lot of issues. Be the fall guy and you'll usually come out as a champion in her eyes. That's true of any relationship.   

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

You are so obviously a n00b.

So many wear the saffron glasses and believe all the BS stories till it happens to them. My wife used to tell me it was Thai culture for everything she wanted, but I'd been in LOS long enough to ignore that. I never did ask her if that meant that she should wait on me hand and foot, as that is also Thai culture. I think she only invoked Thai culture when it meant me giving money to her family.

1 minute ago, HuskerDo said:

You just need to understand women beachlover. It's hard sometimes but usually taking responsibility for "anything" she complaints about will solve a lot of issues. Be the fall guy and you'll usually come out as a champion in her eyes. That's true of any relationship.   

If I'd done what she wanted I'd be bankrupt. I may be divorced, but I did manage to keep something. 

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So many wear the saffron glasses and believe all the BS stories till it happens to them. My wife used to tell me it was Thai culture for everything she wanted, but I'd been in LOS long enough to ignore that. I never did ask her if that meant that she should wait on me hand and foot, as that is also Thai culture. I think she only invoked Thai culture when it meant me giving money to her family.

Give money to the family on an "as needed" basis. Her father and mother are now your father and mother. If your biological parent needed help would you deny them?

My Thai wife's family is great, honest.

They even built us a nice small house in the village with a big fruit garden in the back for when we come to visit. Yes, they built this on their land and their own money. Fat chance of of me getting anything (and I wouldn't want it anyway), but it was a nice gesture nevertheless.

It's my wife that is a pain. Her mom even told me (after we got married, or course) that when she was young, she used to bully other kids, heh. Her mom speaks English as she was an English teacher in the village. Her pronunciation is bad, but she understands everything if you spell it for her.

BTW, I don't know what previous poster meant that I was given a lot of helpful advice. This is another assumption that I haven't absolutely tried everything under the sun to talk to her in the past 5 years. There is not ever going to be the "talk". There is never going to be any discussion that much is clear. I just use whatever works for me to avoid the filthy atmosphere that she creates.

Yes, I have given up. Divorce is not on the cards yet as she has plenty of other qualities that are hard to find in Thai women. And I love to watch her yoga routine at night ????

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yes, I have given up. Divorce is not on the cards yet as she has plenty of other qualities that are hard to find in Thai women. And I love to watch her yoga routine at night ????

Video please then we can judge her on her performance.????????????️‍♀️

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I'd done what she wanted I'd be bankrupt. I may be divorced, but I did manage to keep something. 

Well there were two of you involved so it wasn't just her fault that it didn't work out. Maybe you should have researched Thai culture more before starting a relationship. Who knows. Relationships are difficult sometimes.... often.... always. ????  

12 minutes ago, Pravda said:

My Thai wife's family is great, honest.

They even built us a nice small house in the village with a big fruit garden in the back for when we come to visit. Yes, they built this on their land and their own money. Fat chance of of me getting anything (and I wouldn't want it anyway), but it was a nice gesture nevertheless.

It's my wife that is a pain. Her mom even told me (after we got married, or course) that when she was young, she used to bully other kids, heh. Her mom speaks English as she was an English teacher in the village. Her pronunciation is bad, but she understands everything if you spell it for her.

BTW, I don't know what previous poster meant that I was given a lot of helpful advice. This is another assumption that I haven't absolutely tried everything under the sun to talk to her in the past 5 years. There is not ever going to be the "talk". There is never going to be any discussion that much is clear. I just use whatever works for me to avoid the filthy atmosphere that she creates.

Thanks for the chuckle Pravda(your last comment). ???? 

42 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Did you treat the family as they were your own? When you marry a Thai woman you marry the family. Nothing confusing about that. It's the way it is in Thailand. If you disrespected her family in any way then that's where your problems most likely started.

When you marry a Thai woman, you marry the family, no way, do as i did fit an electric motor on the gate, that keeps the buggers out.:cheesy:

6 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

These two parts are the only ones true and reason why marriage should be a nono for 90% of foreigners

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I disagree WC. I'd turn it around and say that if foreigners would put aside their past way of thinking and try to adapt to the fact they are living in a different culture and not try to force THEIR culture on the Thais then many could be happily married in Thailand. It's the arrogance of foreigners and their inability of accepting they are living in another country and must adjust that causes most issues. 

How do people in England, Australia, the US, etc feel when "foreigners" are on their soil and don't do things as expected (speaking properly, knowing all the rules, treating women and their families with respect) feel? Most on this string are in Thailand and they should look at things from the Thais point of view as you would of "foreigners" in their homeland.   

Archived