What are the chances of Thai wife apologizing?

Pravda

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the cat tears the throat of its shrieking prey, does the cat apologize?

When the Great White Shark rips bloody chunks out of a screaming surfer, does the Shark apologize?

When the Grizzly shreds the face of a hiker with its gore strewn claws, does the bear apologize?

Discussion finished.

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

When the Great White Shark rips bloody chunks out of a screaming surfer, does the Shark apologize?

When the Grizzly shreds the face of a hiker with its gore strewn claws, does the bear apologize?

Discussion finished.

So Thai ladies are essentially predators?

... I'll look forward to the Husker Do comment about how unhappy your life is!

:cheesy:

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Discussion finished.

What daft comparisons....????

12 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Discussion finished.

So, you met my wife?

Are Thai families helping with Farang extension requirements?

Actually.....in my case the offer was made. My wife told me her mom was going to sell some land. I said why and urged them not to do it. Keep the land in the family, for the kids to survive on. Many more questions about why. Finally she said her mom knows I need money in the bank to stay here so she was going to sell land and give me money.

What my wife didn’t know is that I only brought a portion of my savings to Thailand and my biggest concern was whether or not to w/d funds from a higher interest earning account so I don’t have to spend 50 bucks a month on wire fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, DepDavid said:

Actually.....in my case the offer was made. My wife told me her mom was going to sell some land. I said why and urged them not to do it. Keep the land in the family, for the kids to survive on. Many more questions about why. Finally she said her mom knows I need money in the bank to stay here so she was going to sell land and give me money.

What my wife didn’t know is that I only brought a portion of my savings to Thailand and my biggest concern was whether or not to w/d funds from a higher interest earning account so I don’t have to spend 50 bucks a month on wire fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On a serious note, that's good news. That's a solid sign of approval.

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

So, you met my wife?

When my wife walks down the street all of the soi dogs start barking and running - in the opposite direction.  BTW the reason there are not many bears or tigers in Thailand are women from Issan.  They killed them with their bare hands and ate them. 

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

In Issan they pray for the arrival of the legendary "El Capitain save a ho", a farang who understands Thai culture!

It won’t be Husker, he just likes to fantasise from afar! Take care how you handle him tho????

57 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

BTW the reason there are not many bears or tigers in Thailand are women from Issan. 

I have seen healthy, normal men after hooking up with Isaan girls, do the most god damn stupid things. Also got to say seen it with Northern girls as well. Seems once the guy losses his balls to them over money, then the cries of having sex for the first time in their life, I am at a loss of what to say. The girls here are the bears and the sooner most these undersexed old men get use to the idea of that, the quicker they have less to lose. I remember years ago a friend of mine saying the bar girl he hooked up with and married was not in the business more than a month as 'she had trouble with taking the towel off in front of me after she showered for the first time.' 

I cannot make this stuff up half of what I read here or the troubles my friends have got into. 

My wife apologizes when anything wrong is done. Might help she is an adult and I am not poking something 40 years my junior that has never learned to grow up. I might be a bit testy today as I have had a god damn awful flue for two weeks and not reading Thai Visa for that amount of time makes me realize how much I did not miss it ... lol!!!!

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Bad luck, that's the bit I like best.

After a couple of dozen of them over the years, it is all much the much to me. These days I like to be able to talk about something of substance and not get asked, ''You want to go eat Som Tum'' or ''Does this new whiting cream really work?''

Maybe I am just getting old as the same young attractions that are always still on offer don't seem to scratch the same place anymore.

Just now, BritManToo said:

You've moved back to the west then?

Nah, the wife has an opinion on just about everything and to my surprise, she is smarter than she looks. Not sure if it is a win/win anymore as she is starting to make sense or maybe, I have just been here WAY to long and will grab at anything that resembles an intelligent conversation. 

Maybe I am the one going backward?

On 2/24/2019 at 8:23 PM, Pravda said:

Yeah.... I'm just curious if anyone ever received an honest apology. Like the ones you see in Thai dramas and romcoms. Or are these apologies only reserved for Thai men?

Just so f$&*%% immature. I tried being quiet and saying nothing like she does and she won. I couldn't last more than 2 days. I will be starting again tonight and let you know the results.

My Thai wife apologizes if she thinks she's done something wrong. In fact, she's probably better at it than I am. I wouldn't stay with someone who turns everyday life into a chore, with screaming, fighting and all-around bitchiness. Ask yourself if she's really going to change, and then stop torturing yourself. There's more fish in the sea.

10 hours ago, Pravda said:

I bought. Mine pays me dividends.

Pays you dividends of what kind? Your first 2 posts in this thread say:

"My marriage is turning to crap lately. She snaps easily and probably thinks she is the best wife on the planet. ... So, I am starting to think she is just sick of my presence. … So much abuse and never an apology. Just quiet." It doesn't sound like "dividends" are being paid, at least none of any value. 

I have read this thread with some interest and surprise, because many of the relationships described sound very much like my relationship. My relationship (we are not legally married) would have ended long ago, except for a young child. I have come to believe that lower class Thai (Issan) women are incapable of saying "I'm sorry" -- its a "face saving" thing. And I am also thinking that Thai culture, especially at the lower end of the economic spectrum, is very matriarchal. Thai women don't need and perhaps don't want men, except for the financial support required for them and their children. They are very content to have relationships (non-sexual) and interact socially with other Thai women and only want/need men for money/financial support. The idea of Thai/Asian women being submissive and subservient to men is, I think, nonsense. Perhaps this is why prostitution is so prevalent in Thailand, because it is so easy for Thai women to separate love and money and is why so many Thai men have giks. 

My kids' mom says what ever comes into her head in the heat of anger, without any restraint or thought of the longer term consequences of what she has said and the damage that it may cause. There is never an apology when the dust settles -- never. This is not going to change. So, for me, the only question is how and when to end this empty "relationship" without damaging my child. Honestly, yours doesn't sound much/any better. But, good luck in any event. The moral of this story is, I think, avoid marriage, children and financial entanglements with Thai women at all cost. The typical caution is "don't buy a house in a Thai woman's name", but the caution goes much further than that. Have relationships and enjoy them as long as they are "good" for both of the people involved. And, when it turns bad, which it is likely to do, part company as cleanly and amicably as possible. And structure your relationship to make that possible. 

FP

49 minutes ago, Fat Prophet said:

Pays you dividends of what kind? Your first 2 posts in this thread say:

I am in much better financial shape than being alone, I'll leave it at that.

39 minutes ago, Fat Prophet said:

or you stay for the money?  that's pathetic....

Let's try not to be too dramatic, eh?

After all, do we judge Thai barg....wives and call them pathetic for accepting allowance?

I ain't going into details, but I think with my big head here, that's why I haven't been Darvinised as of yet. 

Money and social status is everything here. I act accordingly.

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

I ain't going into details, but I think with my big head here, that's why I haven't been Darvinised as of yet. 

Money and social status is everything here. I act accordingly.

I know a few women married to farangs and they have made the husband look very wealthy when they, in fact, do not have a pot to piss in. Social status is everything. I am the same and act accordingly and also think with my big head. People need to think a lot more than they do. Just lusting after something these days, especially in Thailand because it is young and fresh can be a very bad idea.

20 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

I know a few women married to farangs and they have made the husband look very wealthy when they, in fact, do not have a pot to piss in. Social status is everything. I am the same and act accordingly and also think with my big head. People need to think a lot more than they do. Just lusting after something these days, especially in Thailand because it is young and fresh can be a very bad idea.

I haven't gone that far. In all honesty, I wouldn't be able to play that game for too long. I will leave this to Farangs who are more polished than myself. Fact is tho, I am not divorcing her because of her personality. Plenty of fish in the sea if you are willing to part with cashola, for sure. Good, self sufficient women are much harder to find as most are actually married to Thai men.

Archived