Last page in passport, Will I have any problem getting Lao visa on arrival?

I'm down to my last page and a half of my passport and have to do my 90 day Non O visa run in couple weeks. The boarder I use is the Mukdahan, Savannakhet Laos border for a in and out run. Is there any rule, or will I have any issues on using my last passport page for a Lao visa on arrival as I have just enough space for the full page visa sticker page and all the Thai and Lao exit and entry stamps.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It can be done with only one empty page.

"1. Your original passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity and a blank page for a visa sticker."

Source: https://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa-on-arrival.html

How can it be done with one empty page, the Laos entry visa is a full page, or am i missing something here?

12 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

How can it be done with one empty page, the Laos entry visa is a full page, or am i missing something here?

One empty page is is a single page with no stamps, stickers and etc on it. A full page sticker will certainly fit on one.

He has said he has room for the departure, entry, departure and entry stamps needed on other pages.

3 minutes ago, bender92 said:

Get a Cambodia evisa and go to poipet. It saves a whole page.

Not a good idea to use the Poi Pet crossing. There have been many reports of people having problems when getting a new 90 day entry from a multiple entry non-o visa there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not a good idea to use the Poi Pet crossing. There have been many reports of people having problems when getting a new 90 day entry from a multiple entry non-o visa there.

Would leaving via poipet with an e-visa and saying you will be out for a few days be ok?

Another crossing for getting back could be used.

No idea where you are or Passport you hold .....   Kanchanaburi/Myanmar or Mae Sot/Myanmar - No visa sticker needed for in/out entry for a 90 day new stamp....  Maybe the same at the crossing for Myanmar up north?

Edited by ignis

13 hours ago, ignis said:

No idea where you are or Passport you hold .....   Kanchanaburi/Myanmar or Mae Sot/Myanmar - No visa sticker needed for in/out entry for a 90 day new stamp....  Maybe the same at the crossing for Myanmar up north?

I think he is probably here in the North East since he wrote this.

On 2/26/2019 at 5:47 AM, nightfox said:

The boarder I use is the Mukdahan, Savannakhet Laos border for a in and out run.

That means he is probably far away from those crossings.

5 minutes ago, MuuKondiao said:

Tell them and they will issue a new p.p. (if U.S.A.), or add pages in now - before you attempt to cross a border. 

They have not added pages to US passport for a few years now and it takes about 2 weeks to get a new passport.

I think he can do the crossing without getting a new passport.

12 hours ago, nightfox said:

I'm down to my last page and a half of my passport and have to do my 90 day Non O visa run in couple weeks.

If you are married to a Thai or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

That would allow you time to get a new passport.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are married to a Thai or the parent of a Thai you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

That would allow you time to get a new passport.

I forgot that option. Good idea if he's married.

Easy to do for 1900 baht.

Only uses half a page and 60 days plenty of time for a new PP.

Edited by overherebc

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Entering at a different crossing would be an option.

They do have a form they can use when you run out of pages. Although VT didn't have one. I went to Ta Li and they fixed me up.

Edited by Lazybones

On 2/26/2019 at 2:39 PM, thecyclist said:

Just make sure that when exiting Thailand they don't put that departure stamp on the last blank page, in which case you would be screwed. 

Generally speaking Thai immigration will put the exit stamp alongside the entry stamp, usually overlapping. Thai and Lao are quite neat and you would get 8 on a page, some other places can be a real pain.

I went to Malaysia with just half a page, the Malaysians put in a small sticker that I wasn't aware of which made the passport look full. Coming back into Thailand the IO never batted an eyelid, just flicked through the passport till he found a space that took most of the stamp.