UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

29 minutes ago, bomber said:

Barely any of those issues affect 99% of the population of the UK and certainly dont cost jobs or growth or trade.

All those issues have the potential to affect any EU member state.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, nauseus said:

All those issues have the potential to affect any EU member state.

some issue's effect some nations more than others but the issue's stated barely affect the UK,90% of the UK population wont even know italy are having a few issue's with debt,those people will be more worried about their own debt than Italys

1 minute ago, bomber said:

some issue's effect some nations more than others but the issue's stated barely affect the UK,90% of the UK population wont even know italy are having a few issue's with debt,those people will be more worried about their own debt than Italys

Look, we'll just need to agree to differ. My mate is going to buy me a lovely dinner now.

10 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Taking into account the importance of sovereignty that so many Brexiteers refer to when explaining why they back leaving the EU, why do you suppose that this same notion would not be one felt by Scots and Irish? Why do you think that they would prefer that their larger, neighbouring country called all the shots?

It depends at when in history you make your point.

For instance, this country existed for longer than the present day Scotland. So why hase’t The SNP told you.

3FACB40E-2B3F-4656-9E93-EB2F0B8341EB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Don't get complacent. The fact will always remain that I'm a Lancastrian and you're a Tyke!

I thought you were Scottish living in Huddersfield, just because you support Man Utd that doesn't make you Lanky.

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

You will also notice that, on the whole, Brexiteers are far more abusive than remainers.

I feel it's the complete opposite. There are several TV members on the remain side who continually hurl abuse and insults around. But maybe we both notice the abuse from the opposition more than we do from our own side. 

Let's all try to play nicely.

(although the abusive comments can be entertaining sometimes ????)

18 hours ago, aright said:

Credit Suisse disagrees with you

Pound Sterling's Rally vs. Euro and Dollar has Further to Go: Credit Suisse, TD Securities

• Modified: Friday, 01 March 2019 06:21
  • Foreign exchange strategists have been reacting to the latest bounce in the value of the British Pound, saying the currency has established the momentum to allow it go higher still.

Careful, you're only allowed to post bad economic news on here. Good news sends the remainers into discombobulation ????

1 hour ago, vogie said:

I thought you were Scottish living in Huddersfield, just because you support Man Utd that doesn't make you Lanky.

MU is big stuff. One of the best known brand names in the world.

After Brexit maybe the UK could live off Manchester United.

MU is on par with Coca Cola, Pepsi, Marlboro, Apple.

RR, LandRover MorrisG, Allard, Marmite, Aston M can just go home and sleep.

Geez, before in my planet criss crossing life;

Mongolia; 3-4 hours driving out from Ulan Bator in rugged 4 wheel drive,

to talk with the nomads, seeking their agreement to build link towers and

construct radio links across their fields, 3 days of surveying, staying in their

incredibly comfortable tents.

Evenings; drinking-eating-chatting: Manchester United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer,

just couldn,t believe it, fantastic.

All over Africa and the Arab world I meet the same same. Just incredible.

Once, very very high up in the Atlas, way east of Marrakech. Further progression would mean walking on

foot or horseback or camel.

Staying 2 nights in beduin tents, extremely comfortable.

What do the beduins pick as a theme for conversation with foreigners, Manchester United and OGS.

This is just out of the real world.

The UK has smth extremely rare with MU, it is so widely known in a positive context,

its really unbelievable. Kinda doubt anything in the world can compare with Manchester United.

Last one.

Way up in the Amazon, 2 days by fairly fast moving boat east and north from Manaus.

Visiting a "primitive" village system, with solar panels and electricity supply, hence, TV.

Eat and drink and chat in the evening. Manchester United.

I think maybe Manchester United is one of the strongest brand names the world has ever seen.

Pepsi, Coca Cola, Apple, yes. But Manchester United is mentioned with passion, all over the planet.

No, I am not interested in football.

But you guys on the foggy island have smth fairly rare here.

9 hours ago, vogie said:

Scottish ancestory. Born in Lancashire, raised in Yorkshire and lived most of my life in Lancashire. Oh, and a Yorkshire wife (very good with money).

17 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Huns???
Showing your childish bitterness?

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hey "Teddy" steady on, you just accused Aberdeen supporters of bestiality! I am a Hibs supporter, but just because my father in law was a steward at Easter Road, no sectarianism involved. We have 'gers, Celts, and even Jambo supporters in the family. We are all pretty rude to one another about it! Bitterness doesn't come into it. This is off topic I know, but just to answer your point, I'll leave it there.

On 3/3/2019 at 3:25 AM, aright said:

Credit Suisse disagrees with you

Pound Sterling's Rally vs. Euro and Dollar has Further to Go: Credit Suisse, TD Securities

• Modified: Friday, 01 March 2019 06:21
  • Foreign exchange strategists have been reacting to the latest bounce in the value of the British Pound, saying the currency has established the momentum to allow it go higher still.

haha . big joke ,,, after the  latest brexit   extension has expired ,

GBP   goes   down the pan ,  final flush .  in the real world. .. 

On 3/3/2019 at 10:06 AM, Spidey said:

No problem with people having that altruistic notion. Enacting it and destroying the economy is another matter.

I would love a new Ferrari, I could jut about scrape enough money to buy one, but it would leave me penniless. Does it make sense for me to go out and buy a new Ferrari?

Firstly, regarding, "destroying the economy" - it's this sort of hyperbole that switches people off from listening. Why the need to exaggerate? Is your argument really so weak that you can't argue without it? Show one single economic forecast that is predicting Britain's economy will be "destroyed" in the event of Brexit.

Most of the economic forecasts i have seen suggest that, in the short-term, with Brexit, there will still be economic growth - just less growth than there would be without Brexit. In the long term, it really is impossible to say. Too many unknown variables.

Secondly, equating independence with buying a Ferrari is a bizarre comparison that shows what a poor grasp you have of the issues involved.

Independence isn't a luxury, it's a right. Fine, if you don't want independence; if you want to be dependent on others, that's your choice... but that wasn't the choice of the country, and just like if Scotland votes for independence, nobody would surely have the arrogance to tell them, "ah but yes, sorry, you might think you want independence but actually it's a luxury you can't afford it". Would you tell them that?

Wanting independence isn't like wanting a Ferrari. Wanting independence is like wanting to get out of a relationship that isn't working. You might suffer in the short term, but it's not only about money and in the long term, you'll end up stronger anyway.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:55 AM, Spidey said:

A week last Tuesday. Fortunately, I was able to repel the attack without sustaining injury. Any more absurd moronic questions?

Why are you talking sarcastically about a physical attack?

You claimed remainers were "attacked" when asking a certain question. "Attacked" was your word. I assumed you meant a verbal attack. I just asked you to answer when it was that you were attacked. Your response is to then call it an "absurd moronic" question.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:23 PM, bomber said:

Barely any of those issues affect 99% of the population of the UK and certainly dont cost jobs or growth or trade.

aright quote: "staying in a bureaucratic superstate  which has bailouts in contravention of the Maastricht Treaty, mass youth unemployment, target  2 imbalances, German surplus outside the rules, impending Italian default, low growth, corruption, waste, an internal currency which only truly benefits one country, unaudited accounts, a migrant crisis, transit camps for those migrants with papers at the Austrian border, a member who freeloads on Nato defence, but, against Union rules gets a sweetheart deal on energy which is not available to other members.........…….etc "

Says so much that when asked to address some of the problems with the EU as stated by aright above, the response isn't even an attempt to deny them, rather an assertion that really they don't matter as 99% of British people won't be affected. Amazing.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:36 AM, RuamRudy said:

Not at all - in fact I have stated on several of the many Brexit threads that I fully respect the right of England to secede from the EU. I wish for England nothing but success in its post-Brexit future, but I think that Brexit should not be forced upon the other home nations without their expressed consent. 

In the event of indyref2, with the outcome of "yes", would you not force Scottish independence on say, The Shetlands, if they were to overwhelming vote in favour of staying a part of Britain, as they did before?

Archived