UK's Labour says it will back call for second Brexit referendum

webfact

2 hours ago, bomber said:

so brexit has a chance of working,what chance? 1% or 2%   whoops i forgot its not going to happen,MPs dont want it,thats why we voted for them,pure democracy if ever i saw it

There is talk,that once we are out of the E.u. Be it on May’s terms or on what the people Democratically voted for. That May will call a General Election. Then you will see how many of those M.p’s who are trying to cheat the electorate, are voted back in.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Loiner said:

There is nothing to see in how much trade will be affected. Not until we are actually out, because all your forecasts come with a political agenda or experts who don't actually know anything. It's uncharted waters, but it will be up to the government to make the best of it and all the new possibilities.

Extra paperwork? No, probably just the same with some different numbers in the percent box. Employ extra customs agents? Probably not again - it's the same trade as is currently crossing the borders, so the same number of staff. If there was to be some extra employment opportunities, that's not a problem, but according to Remainers' logic trade will collapse and nothing will move, so it could be less customs agents. Which do you prefer?

Imported vegetables will not necessarily cost extra, that really depends on what tariff we put on them. Prices should actually reduce as we buy more from outside the protectionist racket of the EU and it's tariffs on other countries products.

Welcome to the "Big Wide World Trading Club", it's cheaper than our EU competitor and your new membership card is attached.  

There will be extra paperwork cost and delay unless we go for the Norway + option. we could get rid of tariffs, but the government has already said it's not going to do that to protect UK farmers.

2 hours ago, bomber said:

a german problem for germans to deal with,iam sure they arent concerned about the grooming gangs in gods county whoops yorkshire,

What has not been so well publicised in the British media,is the case of a Labour member of the remain supporting House of Lords, who this week was charged with sexually grooming young vulnerable children in Rotherham. No idea, why they have not mentioned this Development, be it because he’s a remainer,or a Labour Peer or because he’s a Muslim immigrant.

14 minutes ago, tebee said:

There will be extra paperwork cost and delay unless we go for the Norway + option. we could get rid of tariffs, but the government has already said it's not going to do that to protect UK farmers.

farmers and fisherman should not get in the way of any deal.

8 minutes ago, nontabury said:

What has not been so well publicised in the British media,is the case of a Labour member of the remain supporting House of Lords, who this week was charged with sexually grooming young vulnerable children in Rotherham. No idea, why they have not mentioned this Development, be it because he’s a remainer,or a Labour Peer or because he’s a Muslim immigrant.

i have no idea,but i doubt its because he is a remainer,surely if he is a labour peer then whats the point of a cover up as someone must be aware of this,same as if he's a muslim 

No they will have WTO tariffs imposed on them. Higher tariffs = more duty. Tariffs 101.

Try a more advanced level like the ‘tariff delusion’.
For example the EU puts 16% duty on non-EU oranges. There’s loads more to chose from, on potatoes, vegetables and cut flowers, to protect EU producers. That’s even without trying clothing and footwear.
Whether WTO or UK imposed duties, many commodities will be cheaper out of the EU.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:58 AM, terryw said:

Expect May to call an Election for April 3rd. We will be out of the EU, because all legislation to prevent this will be blocked during the election period.

First of April ,  would be more suitable . 

New Moon rising , new magnetism  for the ill educated , who voted for brexit , 

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Try a more advanced level like the ‘tariff delusion’.
For example the EU puts 16% duty on non-EU oranges. There’s loads more to chose from, on potatoes, vegetables and cut flowers, to protect EU producers. That’s even without trying clothing and footwear.
Whether WTO or UK imposed duties, many commodities will be cheaper out of the EU.

sorry but your totally wrong,even without extra tariffs the pound falling with a no deal means 5-15% increase on everything imported,whoops i nearly forgot chilean wine and palastinian oranges could be exempt.

28 minutes ago, bomber said:

sorry but your totally wrong,even without extra tariffs the pound falling with a no deal means 5-15% increase on everything imported,whoops i nearly forgot chilean wine and palastinian oranges could be exempt.

You seem to think the higher cost of food in the UK is as a result of the fall in sterling. There is much more to it than that, blaming sterling is far too simplistic.. Higher costs are as a result of higher oil prices (transportation and fertilizer), Climate change has resulted in reduced yields (drought) as has the use of foodstuffs to make other products (the USA uses 40% of its corn crop to produce ethanol). Prices have gone up as a result of developing food cultures ( The price of lamb has doubled in the last 5 years because the Chinese have developed a taste for it and can now afford it). Overfishing has caused large increases in the cost of fish (fish and chips is no longer a cheap working class meal)

When it comes to the purchase of EU produced food the hidden cost which none of us see is the cost to the customer of EU farmer subsidies. When we leave we will be comparing the cost of EU food with non subsidized rest of the world food.

It should also be noted when this horrible Brexit mess is concluded and we are completely independent economists believe the value of the pound will go up and food imo will cost less.

1 hour ago, aright said:

You seem to think the higher cost of food in the UK is as a result of the fall in sterling. There is much more to it than that, blaming sterling is far too simplistic.. Higher costs are as a result of higher oil prices (transportation and fertilizer), Climate change has resulted in reduced yields (drought) as has the use of foodstuffs to make other products (the USA uses 40% of its corn crop to produce ethanol). Prices have gone up as a result of developing food cultures ( The price of lamb has doubled in the last 5 years because the Chinese have developed a taste for it and can now afford it). Overfishing has caused large increases in the cost of fish (fish and chips is no longer a cheap working class meal)

When it comes to the purchase of EU produced food the hidden cost which none of us see is the cost to the customer of EU farmer subsidies. When we leave we will be comparing the cost of EU food with non subsidized rest of the world food.

It should also be noted when this horrible Brexit mess is concluded and we are completely independent economists believe the value of the pound will go up and food imo will cost less.

sorry but economists are not predicting the pound to rise they expect the same drop as after the vote 10-15%,this is probably the only prediction that was spot on before the vote and will be again if/when we leave,and how you can say 10% or similar drop in a currency does not make imports more expensive beggars belief,try going to a bar in pattaya after a 10% drop in sterling and telling the cashier you only paying 270bt instead of 300bt cos the pound has lost value,please report back if your still alive.

11 minutes ago, bomber said:

sorry but economists are not predicting the pound to rise they expect the same drop as after the vote 10-15%,this is probably the only prediction that was spot on before the vote and will be again if/when we leave,and how you can say 10% or similar drop in a currency does not make imports more expensive beggars belief,try going to a bar in pattaya after a 10% drop in sterling and telling the cashier you only paying 270bt instead of 300bt cos the pound has lost value,please report back if your still alive.

Credit Suisse disagrees with you

Pound Sterling's Rally vs. Euro and Dollar has Further to Go: Credit Suisse, TD Securities

• Modified: Friday, 01 March 2019 06:21
  • Foreign exchange strategists have been reacting to the latest bounce in the value of the British Pound, saying the currency has established the momentum to allow it go higher still.

22 minutes ago, aright said:

Credit Suisse disagrees with you

Pound Sterling's Rally vs. Euro and Dollar has Further to Go: Credit Suisse, TD Securities

• Modified: Friday, 01 March 2019 06:21
  • Foreign exchange strategists have been reacting to the latest bounce in the value of the British Pound, saying the currency has established the momentum to allow it go higher still.

this would based on the govt scrapping brexit or very soft brexit,a full brexit and a no deal they would not be predicting a rise.

18 hours ago, rixalex said:

Why would the "morons" bother to explain to you?

Firstly, your ears are closed. You are blinkered. EU = good. Brexit = bad.

Secondly, they were asked whether they wanted to leave or remain in the EU. They replied that they wanted to leave. They don't have to justify their decision to you or anyone.

Because they will cause real and significant damage to others. The least they can do is explain why. Morons!

14 hours ago, nauseus said:

Your view. Mine is that the main issues were sovereignty plus the prospect of what the EU will become in the future. Anyone that looks back at the evolution of the EU can see the trends.

We have legally binding indefinite optouts from further integration.

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

We have legally binding indefinite optouts from further integration.

As he seems to be on an early morning trawl cum catch-up mission, may I refer the Dishonorable Member to my post 758 of this debate. 

8 hours ago, nontabury said:

https://news.sky.com/story/lord-ahmed-ex-labour-peer-charged-with-attempted-child-rape-11651777

What has this to do with Brexit? Nothing

I would prefer EU migrants over Muslim migrants but then I am a bigot!

10 hours ago, nauseus said:

Stay in and beware! Vetoes, rebates and opt-outs have been sold off like hot cakes before and the same would happen again, especially under the likes of Blair and May. 

Fair enough but it would be our decision as we are a sovereign state.

Another couple of hours kip; indigestion fixed with a couple of Rennie's! Zzzz

31 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Fair enough but it would be our decision as we are a sovereign state.

Another couple of hours kip; indigestion fixed with a couple of Rennie's! Zzzz

Mee too

12 hours ago, bomber said:

they might come if our idiot MPs keep giving them superior benefits the to the rest of the EU,hopefully we will stay in the EU and adopt their more realistic benefits instead our barmy laws giving them far too much,you see we have a lot to learn from our masters it may take another 40 years but we are willing to learn albeit slowly.

That is the difference from leavers to remainers. we don't want masters. We have the strength, vision and courage to look after ourselves instead of being ruled by Brussels.

It must be frightening for you having to rely on a foreign entity to be able to stand on your own too feet and govern. Don't worry the Leavers will do that for you.

As for the barmy laws they are the laws that the EU have insisted on with reciprocal benefits for EU members. It is just that nobody from the UK fancies Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Latvi, Slovakia etc etc.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/10391238/Benefits-in-Europe-country-by-country.html

9 hours ago, bomber said:

i agree asylum seekers we can do without,but the govt you have so much faith in and want to give all power to isnt capable of keeping them out despite being an island.EU workers/migrants i have no issue's with.

I agree but it started with Tony Blair and Labour so both are as bad as each other. Both EU lovers.

24 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That is the difference from leavers to remainers. we don't want masters. We have the strength, vision and courage to look after ourselves instead of being ruled by Brussels.

Check out the average person from NI or Scotsman, they don't like being ruled from Westminster.

Do you really think that the Tory government sees you as "we"? We all are ruled by a "master", in or out of Europe, only the names are changed.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It must be frightening for you having to rely on a foreign entity to be able to stand on your own too feet and govern. Don't worry the Leavers will do that for you.

As for the barmy laws they are the laws that the EU have insisted on with reciprocal benefits for EU members. It is just that nobody from the UK fancies Romania, Poland, Bulgaria, Latvi, Slovakia etc etc.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/10391238/Benefits-in-Europe-country-by-country.html

Sadly, I trust the EU rather more than The House of Commons to protect all of our interests.

31 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Check out the average person from NI or Scotsman, they don't like being ruled from Westminster.

Do you really think that the Tory government sees you as "we"? We all are ruled by a "master", in or out of Europe, only the names are changed.

I am not sure if it is denial or ignorance on the part of some, but the UK has never been so disunited as it is now. 

If anything good comes from Brexit, it will be that the United Kingdom will, very soon, become nothing more than a part of our shared islands' past. 

YouGov: Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price the highest rated politician in Wales

Paddy Power has slashed the odds on reunification within five years as research shows Ireland could be heading for a referendum

Scottish Tories are scared of indyref2, Nicola Sturgeon says

21 hours ago, Spidey said:

Why would the "morons" bother to explain to you?

So they're not as polite as remainers then?

Sarcasm perhaps?

In case it escaped your attention (anything not pro-EU does seem to do that) your fellow remainer that i was replying to, was describing everyone who voted to leave as "morons". Is this the politeness you were referring to?

47 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Scotland recently  voted to remain in the UK , with its Parliament in Westminster and Northern Irish prefer Westminister to Dublin  

3 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Sarcasm perhaps?

In case it escaped your attention (anything not pro-EU does seem to do that) your fellow remainer that i was replying to, was describing everyone who voted to leave as "morons". Is this the politeness you were referring to?

The politeness I was referring to is when someone asks you a question, it's polite to try to give them an answer. Just as I'm giving you a courteous reply to your absurd moronic post.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

The politeness I was referring to is when someone asks you a question, it's polite to try to give them an answer. Just as I'm giving you a courteous reply to your absurd moronic post.

You were doing so well..................but lost it with those last three words

15 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Sadly, I trust the EU rather more than The House of Commons to protect all of our interests.

sad indeed, however, I think you are on to some substance here

this omnishambles, as @tebee calls it, is primarily the fault of the HoC,

Tory has assisted well in creating it,

but the responsibility is with HoC and HoC is the main culprit

Archived