People injured after car smashes into parked motorbikes on Pattaya Beach Road

webfact

2 hours ago, CGW said:

First you need a functioning Police force! :shock1:

For that you need to pay the police a decent living salary and provide training. Ever talk to a police officer about what they make or their benefits?  They are severely underpaid and many share rooms with their relatives as they cannot afford their own place to live. Most are good guys IMO but some are not. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, essox essox said:

We WILL not get an update NEVER do with any reports.....what HAPPENED to the pensioners caught playing BRIDGE ??!!! a few years ago ??

NOTHING updated

IF you are talking about those played at JOMTIEN (Soi 5) i can confirm they still have their tournaments.
Business as usual, and all happy, more or less...

1 hour ago, maccastime said:

The guy recording the video states twice drunk driver? How does he know this, did he see the cops drag the guy away drunk? Or assumption 

He is probably one of the Thai Visa armchair experts out for a stroll.

Experts on everything.

3 hours ago, champers said:

Traffic police activity on Beach Road seems to be mostly outside the cop shop stopping motorcyclists with no helmet. They need to fan out a lot more to catch speeders and red light runners. 

..one step at a time..they're a bit scared you know to go too far from base.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

While we can't say how the accident happened without further information, looking at the extent of damage to the car, excessive speed would appear to be a contributing factor. Very lucky that nobody was killed, because anyone getting hit by a car travelling as fast as it must have been going, would have had no chance, and one hopes the charges for the driver reflect that.

We can hope, but unfortunately as we know it will not ….

It appears to be a combination of excessive speed, an extraordinary lack of driving ability, and perhaps a cell phone? There is just no excuse for this. Hope the driver of the Fortuner is not wealthy, and gets to spend some time in prison. The victims deserve that. And who knows? Maybe he will be more attentive next time? What alot of Thai people do not seem to understand, is that driving is a very dangerous activity. 

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

For that you need to pay the police a decent living salary and provide training. Ever talk to a police officer about what they make or their benefits?  They are severely underpaid and many share rooms with their relatives as they cannot afford their own place to live. Most are good guys IMO but some are not. 

Another among many who know absolutely nothing about RTP.

Ever see that big Apartment complex behind the police headquarters on Beach Road?

That is apartments provided to police officers at a very minimal cost.

Just about every city has them Bangkok in particular has many.

And, their wages generally are above the average Thai wage.  

Benefits?  They actually have police only hospitals in some cities that are pretty decent and they never have to pay for medical costs where ever they go.

There retirement benefits are much better then the average Thai worker.

Get your facts straight before you make a bogus post....

A prostatic arm ? I could not see that from this picture , but you're probably right.

So maybe not drunk , just lost control driving with one arm? Or maybe a combination.

53267042_1958876987544893_98142581841461

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Well those 24/7 parked rental motorcycles are just a nuisance.

Annoying rental bikes, impossible to find a parking space on beach road, maybe the Fortuner driver wanted to make a statement? 

32 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Ever see that big Apartment complex behind the police headquarters on Beach Road?

Benefits?  They actually have police only hospitals in some cities that are pretty decent and they never have to pay for medical costs where ever they go.

my understanding is they also get a commission on tickets topping up salary another 10000 excluding bribes

59 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I was talking to someone the other day who’s dad had just retired from the force - his salary on leaving was 14000 a MONTH !!

I would be taking backhanders too ! 

Pattaya is obviously where the money is if you are a copper.   Rural areas without tourists, bars and drive thru bank checkpoints not so much.

39 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There benefits are ample, I had a cop as a neighbour, one of his benefits was a nice Merc & off course a nice house!

10 minutes ago, bander said:

Annoying rental bikes, impossible to find a parking space on beach road, maybe the Fortuner driver wanted to make a statement? 

Yes he seems armless enough ????          ......................................... yes I know :shock1:

5 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Any members that take their kids on scooters should look at that first picture and imagine them and their child sitting on the bike closest to impact. 

Any Thais seeing this dont give a flying feeeeeeerk, and  therein lies the problem, 1  Buddha  will protect them and so will that lucky magic  piece of crap hanging by chain round theirs and their sprogs necks, and 2 "it  wont happen to me"

3 SPEED CAMERAS will do nothing for this like 99% of  all accidents speed isnt the REAL  issue its  just total and UTTER  lack of attention, inability to drive, use of phone, u  name it the ferkwits  will do it.

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

pay the police a decent living salary

VERY easily  solved.....half  the force  double the salary, I mean what other country has a  Police  box every km? they must have a  billion policemen even though population is only 69  million

4 hours ago, bender92 said:
6 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Any members that take their kids on scooters should look at that first picture and imagine them and their child sitting on the bike closest to impact. 

Or you could be crossing the street. Will you stay indoors?

Unless you actually walk everywhere on the street your point is fairly daft... 

Happy Grumpy made a highly valid point... I never have and never will take my child on my bike.

43 minutes ago, balo said:

A prostatic arm ? I could not see that from this picture , but you're probably right.

So maybe not drunk , just lost control driving with one arm? Or maybe a combination.

53267042_1958876987544893_98142581841461

That’s what it said on Thai pages , looking at the pic , kind of confusing I agree 

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

I was talking to someone the other day who’s dad had just retired from the force - his salary on leaving was 14000 a MONTH !!

I would be taking backhanders too ! 

That 14000 will probably supplemented with another 14000 when the tea money get's added.????

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

That 14000 will probably supplemented with another 14000 when the tea money get's added.????

14000? Must have been low ranking traffic control.

captain is on 25000 plus as you said , they share all the fines and whatever else station gets plus individual gratitudes for assistance 

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

They also get free doctor and hospital treatment for their parents, I know, my bother in law is BiB.

12 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Surely trying to knock one out at that point is highly inappropriate

I agree , and he does not look like a drunk man to me. I did not know he was handicapped when I wrote that .

And I do not know the rules when it comes to driving with a prostethic arm in Thailand. So maybe he just lost control. Still should never have happened. 

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

But that's my point - the latter is needed to supplement the former - I'm not saying its right but I would be looking for angles too.

You are correct, if police would have been paid properly and equipped they would be working differently but when they are low paid plus require to purchase all police equipment with their own money , plus buy their own vehicles and gas, what do you expect but curruption. 

Just now, Benroon said:

But that's my point - the latter is needed to supplement the former - I'm not saying its right but I would be looking for angles too.

Your post completely misses the point in that it suggests corruption is just street-level cops taking the odd few thousand here or there. Nothing could be further from the truth. Corruption is systemic from top to bottom with police colonels (and there are thousands of them) enjoying incomes equivalent to professionals in the West whilst regional commanders enjoy the life style of company directors. And this is only talking about financials.

The whole entirety of the Thai police is akin to an organised crime outfit with money being thrown upstairs as a point of necessity.

26 minutes ago, kannot said:

VERY easily  solved.....half  the force  double the salary, I mean what other country has a  Police  box every km? they must have a  billion policemen even though population is only 69  million

AAH! but most of them are on inactive duty.

36 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Pattaya is obviously where the money is if you are a copper.   Rural areas without tourists, bars and drive thru bank checkpoints not so much.

If you go and take a look at the apartment block where a lot of police officers live on 2nd Road you might change your mind. It is probably home to the honest ones. Go 200 metres North of Klang and it is on the RHS opposite the Imperial hotel.

Those living in nice houses with big new cars, well, make your own minds up.

Archived