German man, 74, arrested for murdering teenage Thai wife after almost 10 years on the run

snoop1130

German man, 74, arrested for murdering teenage Thai wife after almost 10 years on the run

5b37c715e2492350e1b1fe241d59bda7dfe8250bbf1180802389a0e65e98de87.jpg

A 74 year old German who is suspected of stabbing his teenage wife to death has been arrested after almost a decade on the run.

Heinz Jurgen Theil was arrested in Chiang Rai province on Tuesday and held on charges of murder.

Police said Theil stabbed his 17 year old wife, Janjira Jantapool, at the house they shared in Chiang Rai province in 2010.

Janjira was found with more than twenty stab wounds all over her body, including her face.

Police say that Theil had lived in Thailand for twenty years and began a relationship with Janjira when she was just 14 years old.

Theil was married once before but his first wife had died, police said. The pair had a daughter.

Theil began the relationship with Janjira following the death of his first wife.

Janjira then took her disabled father to live with Theil in a house in Chiang Rai, where they lived up until her death.

Thai news site Siam Rath reported that Theil was held for murdering Janjira back in 2010.

He was then released after paying 400,000 baht bail and has been on the run ever since.

Police said since going on the run he had frequently moved house and lived in many provinces in northern Thailand.

Police then learned that Theil was back in Chiang Rai province where they arrested him outside a clinic in Muang district on Tuesday.

Source: http://www.siamrath.co.th/n/67109

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-26

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Wonder how he could evade the police for nearly 10 years,

when all the time he has been in Northern Thailand,and he

does stand out a bit,this time don't give him bail.

regards worgeordie

Not so surprised by that but more by how he kept active bank accounts and money coming in, like he all planned this beforehand. 
Wonder why on earth he came back to Chiang rai itself and if he wanted to get caught.

There are just so many disturbing things in this.

Not least that he started having a relationship with her, as a 62 man with a 14 year old girl!

Should have got him banged there and then, and maybe this poor child, and that's what she was, a child, would still be alive today!

Tragic story, but glad he (hopefully) will spend the rest of his miserable life in some Hellhole Thai prison

I'd like to interview the perp. Within 24 hours, I would expect that all my bank accounts and credit cards would be either monitored or frozen. 

"I teach English for food & shelter" might be suspicious.

As a murderer, who would support me? 

I really haatee the stupidity of this crime. They were  n o t  married in the eye of the law. Heneforth, the guy could have just walked away without needing a lawyer or a divorce. 

Preying on an underage girl, then killing her? Then bail for a murderer ?!? 

I'm thinking the more important question is:-

Why does the Thai judicial system let suspects of heinous crimes (of any sort) out on bail? In particular Farang, who can normally afford the 'cheap' bails set then find it easy to do a runner.

A 62 year old with a 14 year old and then they legally marry when she turn 17 ???? How is that even possible ? So her parents gave consent and basically sold their daughter to this sick devil. 

This is one of the worst tragedies I have heard about involving foreigners in Thailand, so sick , may he rot until the end of his miserable life in Thai prison.   

Forget about the rights and wrongs of the German.

What about the courage of the girl to basically have to sell herself to this old guy in order to care for an invalid father.

A little angel, in her own way, perhaps albeit in wolves clothing.

2 hours ago, bdenner said:

Why does the Thai judicial system let suspects of heinous crimes (of any sort) out on bail? In particular Farang, who can normally afford the 'cheap' bails set then find it easy to do a runner.

brown paper envelopes spring to mind!

3 hours ago, BestB said:

No mention of being on over stay, so he did report every 90 days and did renew his visa every year and yet they could not get him?

something does not smell right with this story

The bail money?  For murder!

10 hours ago, P Funk said:

Why digitize the pricks face?! He should be proud to have eluded Thailand’s finest for 10 years. Should stake him on top of a “mot dang” mound for a few months then finish the job with a thousand cuts...

If he killed her in 2010 it would only be 8 years

8 hours ago, tabarin said:

Not so surprised by that but more by how he kept active bank accounts and money coming in, like he all planned this beforehand. 
Wonder why on earth he came back to Chiang rai itself and if he wanted to get caught.

RE - Wonder why on earth he came back to Chiang rai itself and if he wanted to get caught.

We may need a killer's mind to understand that … :coffee1:

8 hours ago, tabarin said:

Maybe he thought that Thai prisons offer first class medical care free of charge?

Well, if he's lucky like that Canadian was a couple years ago, he'd only end up doing 5 years before being sent home on a Prisoner Transfer (and then being immediately released regardless of of the severity of the crimes or previous criminal history).

(Michael Karas was a career criminal in Canada. While on probation in Canada, he "stole" someone's ID/passport and flew to Thailand where he ended up living with a young Thai woman. A year later he murdered her after an argument, he mutilated her face to try and prevent her being identified, cut up her body and dumped it in a swamp before jumping on a plane and flying back to Canada - still using the "stolen" ID.
He was arrested in Canada not long after (for violating his probation). While in prison Thailand tried to have him extradited. He confessed to some robberies he'd done that the police hadn't been able to solve in an attempt to avoid being sent to Thailand. He did a few extra years in prison and was then sent to Thailand. Naturally he was found guilty and sent to prison (one would assume for "life"). 

However, 5 years after he was sent to prison he applied for a Prisoner Transfer. He and his lawyer figured he should be sent back to Canada and released immediately. Apparently they figured that 5 years was too long to spend in prison for what he did.

And the POS "Public Safety Minister" for Canada agreed !! Even AFTER being informed of Karas's lengthy criminal history and the severity of the crimes he committed in Thailand !

Shortly after being returned to Canada (in secret) he was released. Less than a year later he was arrested, again, for a series of bank robberies he committed AFTER he was released.)

One would hope that this German would spend the rest of his days behind bars but I'd suspect that Germany would let him go at the earliest opportunity as well. They'll imprison guys 90+ years old who were 18-20 at the end of WW II but a guy who was 64 when he murdered his 17 year old Thai "wife" ? 

They'd probably release him instantly
With an apology. 

3 hours ago, bdenner said:

And wonder what the bail will be this time?

Archived