Prayut slams the door on prime minister debates

webfact

14 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yet another slap in the face for the junta supporters on here.

Thaksin, for all his faults was never shy of getting into a debate. He even went for interviews on CNN and BBC. 

I think you may find that many who were anti Thaksin have changed their minds after seeing junta in action for past 4 years 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

What's wrong with you? Just do one of your Friday TV acts and paralyze everyone with your numbing, droning, endless cacophony going on and on...

Here's your debate strategy: Since you have no substance, drown them in noise.

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Haha 1

There's a FB post that Mrs NL shared with me and it shows the leaders of 3 of the parties speaking with the media in English about what they envisage the nation's future should be. Two of them are quite eloquent and the third one would still put Abhisit to shame when it comes to correct phrasing and English grammar.

Who was that? It would be hard to put Khun Abhisit to shame since his English is perfect, honed by Eton and Oxford.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, webfact said:

he attached no importance to these calls for him to outline his vision, arguing the debate stage was more about politics than policy discussions.

Political debates are about discussing future policy through public debate for all voters to see.  So, really the public is being told that they are inconsequential as Big Daddy knows best and will not discuss his policy platform in front of the children.  Happiness to the people, especially those kept in the dark and fed pooie.  :dry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jayboy, the leaders of opposition parties have spoken but in a guarded manner for obvious reasons. What is more important is what the voting public said in the social media and is full of foul, vulgar and derogatory words. 

If you mean by speaking out their parties could be banned, I understand that.But what an indictment- if one was needed - of the absurdity of this election.

Having said that there still seems to me a lack of courage among leading opponents of the Junta.Imagine the impact of a “J’accuse” type salvo from someone like Abhisit who has international credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1