May's Brexit deal, no-deal or delay? British PM offers lawmakers a choice

webfact

T May was a disgrace as Home Secy..as PM..a disgrace..a remainer to boot.
Would honestly not be surprised if there is some civil unrest in parts of the UK soon.
To all the remoaners I say this..walk the walk NOT talk the talk.
Go and live in eg Bradford or Blackburn for a couple of weeks then you will just maybe have had a taste of REAL life.
I saw my city Glasgow going downhill for decades before retiring over here.
Re Tommy Robinson..please remember he highlighted some "grooming" which otherwise would have went un-noticed.
Quite a few parents will be grateful of that.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Would honestly not be surprised if there is some civil unrest in parts of the UK soon.
Go and live in eg Bradford or Blackburn for a couple of weeks then you will just maybe have had a taste of REAL life.
Re Tommy Robinson..please remember he highlighted some "grooming" which otherwise would have went un-noticed.

But Glasgow has gone from being the murder capital of Europe to being recognised around the world for the strives it has made in reducing violent crime - all this while still in the EU. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

That's politics Stephen. Always some nice little earners for the consultancy firms and others out of any crisis.

At least the dodgy ferry deal has been scrapped. 

They don't care because it's only tax payers money, plenty more where that came from. And got to look after the right firms because they might want to do some work for them in the future. 

May, I believe, has become totally obsessed with her deal and sees it as the only way forward; and the only way to keep some credibility when history looks back on her tenure. She doesn't want the alternatives, can't come up with anything better, so clings to what she has despite everyone else telling her it's crap.

She daren't give parliament a free vote on withdrawing Article 50 because she fears the result would tear the Tories apart. And all this shit heap of a mess has occurred because of Tory in-fighting; and screw the rest of the country.

Jelly-Baby Jeremy is now being forced into action by the decent members of his party. Reluctantly but at least responding to them before Labor disintegrates before his very eyes!

Worst ever debacle in British politics.

"That's politics Stephen. Always some nice little earners for the consultancy firms and others out of any crisis.

At least the dodgy ferry deal has been scrapped. They don't care because it's only tax payers money, plenty more where that came from. And got to look after the right firms because they might want to do some work for them in the future."

Agree entirely with this part of your post. ☹️

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The ERG are done.

They failed to produce their own self trumpeted ‘Plan B’ and they sculked in the corner when they had a chance to challenge TM for the PM’s job.

Their only remaining Hope an ‘accidental’ no deal. 

It’s not going to happen.

There will be a delay (already accepted by the EU) and there will be a second referendum.

The second referendum will include ‘Remain’.

If there is a second referendum it will be outside the 2 years so will we have now re negotiate our terms?

what about our representation in in the EU Parliament? there are no elections planned for UK MEP's due this summer and our seats have already been reallocated to other countries.

Remainers have been stabbed in the back.

• Like 1

My dear mucker R/R
You are having a laugh.
Sure..more crimes solved..eg..parking ticket/speeding ticket issued due to crime being committed..pay the fine and crime is solved!!!
Stats do not tell the real story.
Violent crime..drug crime etc are sadly a fact of life in every UK town/city.

But Glasgow has gone from being the murder capital of Europe to being recognised around the world for the strives it has made in reducing violent crime - all this while still in the EU. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Yes ... but people are sick of experts, spouting facts as if they mattered. :cheesy:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Tommy Robinson has never uncovered and reported any of the crimes he says he is fighting.

He camps on cases that are already being prosecuted and uses them to spread his messages of hate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The ERG are done.

They failed to produce their own self trumpeted ‘Plan B’ and they sculked in the corner when they had a chance to challenge TM for the PM’s job.

Their only remaining Hope an ‘accidental’ no deal. 

It’s not going to happen.

There will be a delay (already accepted by the EU) and there will be a second referendum.

The second referendum will include ‘Remain’.

Remain already eliminated by the referendum. Only choice now is May's Deal or No Deal.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

That's true. But the Glasgow police took ideas from two American projects (in Chicago and Boston).

The fact the UK was and still is a member state of the EU is irrelevant.

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

My dear mucker R/R
You are having a laugh.
Sure..more crimes solved..eg..parking ticket/speeding ticket issued due to crime being committed..pay the fine and crime is solved!!!
Stats do not tell the real story.
Violent crime..drug crime etc are sadly a fact of life in every UK town/city.

You really should do some research on Glasgow murder rates since 2005 when it was called the murder capital of Europe till today.

The London Mayor, the dubious Mr. Khan, has even said he'll be looking at the Glasgow model.

Your actually posting wrong information by suggesting things haven't improved when they actually have - significantly.

• Like 2

I think that the latest moves by May will slightly improve her chances of getting her deal agreed. If No-Deal is voted off of the table then the Brexiteers won't have anywhere else to go.  They can't risk another peoples vote because they would probably get beaten by a large majority.  May's deal leaves the country as a vassal state and doesn't deliver Brexit as was promised in any meaningful way but many will feel it is better than remaining in the EU.  JRM and his mob are already conceding that May's deal is not so bad.

For the country, May's deal sucks but many leavers will accept anything if (on paper) we get to exit the EU.

10 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

I think that the latest moves by May will slightly improve her chances of getting her deal agreed. If No-Deal is voted off of the table then the Brexiteers won't have anywhere else to go.  They can't risk another peoples vote because they would probably get beaten by a large majority.  May's deal leaves the country as a vassal state and doesn't deliver Brexit as was promised in any meaningful way but many will feel it is better than remaining in the EU.  JRM and his mob are already conceding that May's deal is not so bad.

For the country, May's deal sucks but many leavers will accept anything if (on paper) we get to exit the EU.

JRM needs any kind of Brexit.

Well at least his Hedgefund needs any kind of Brexit.

’Remain’ would leave him out of pocket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a Glasweigian and lived there till early October 2014.
Let me assure you that sadly what I said is the truth.
Apart from the home grown Glasgow scum..there is also eu immigrants and asians involved in the sordid stuff..eg..people trafficking..child prostitution etc.
I DO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MATES from Glasgow.
Imo..your London Mayor is a waste of space.!!

You really should do some research on Glasgow murder rates since 2005 when it was called the murder capital of Europe till today.

The London Mayor, the dubious Mr. Khan, has even said he'll be looking at the Glasgow model.

Your actually posting wrong information by suggesting things haven't improved when they actually have - significantly.

I am a Unionist..Royalist..and Rangers man.
Hope that answers your eloquently put question.
By the way..BJK

You do realise that Glasgow voted overwhelmingly for Remain? And Tommy Islam is not welcome there ... other than by a few daft huns. Are you big hoose hun by any chance.

[/url]  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

indeed other think so too - often for the political good of the country, if not the financial good.

I disagree, I think brexit has already broken politics and trust in politicians in this country. I certainly don't think it's a genie we can stuff back in the bottle by doing a "bad" brexit rather than no brexit .

7 hours ago, Stupooey said:

The most grievous error that politicians could commit is surely to take the UK out of the EU when it is now (2019) almost certainly against the wishes of the electorate to do so.

A factor that has, as far as I can recall, has not been mentioned in any of the many articles and debates that I've followed is that a large majority of politicians in parliament actually voted for remain in the original 2016 referendum. The figures were:

Remain:        480

Leave:          159

Don't know:  10

So it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that lawmakers are being so obstructive. Most of them don't even want Brexit to happen.

And in the end, I think they might just get their way. I certainly hope so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stupooey said:

The most grievous error that politicians could commit is surely to take the UK out of the EU when it is now (2019) almost certainly against the wishes of the electorate to do so.

not sure where you get that from, the results were to leave, there has been no other referendum, so either a personal guess, a poll which is more than likely wrong, or just a wind up 

36 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

So many could have walked 400 yards to London Road cop shop..bj..macari..hay..etc etc.
Shameful

You've lost me there I'm afraid, although I do know London Road and where it leads to ... not sure who bj is unless you are referring to Big Jock?

Best to leave it alone..just be aware of brushed under the carpet shameful a tions of people connected to a football team from the east e d of Glasgow.
Now..back to the topic..seems like the brexit circus could slowly be coming to an end.
Think it's 2 votes 12th and 14th of March....then we'll see whatswhat.
To be continued at this point.

You've lost me there I'm afraid, although I do know London Road and where it leads to ... not sure who bj is unless you are referring to Big Jock?

• Like 1