Thailand vs. Malaysia, some observations

Poopyface

20 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

My thoughts are that is sounds as boring as h*ll

For those of us here for something other than (and let be paraphrase Jimmy Buffet) getting drunk and screwing, then Malaysia sound like a good alternative to Thailand. 

Another place that has a reasonable retirement program is Sri Lanka ($15000 in a Sri Lankan bank and proof of health insurance and Bob's your uncle for a visa renewable every two years).  For those motivated to look around in Southeast and Central Asia for alternatives to retirement in Thailand, Sri Lanka might be an interesting place to check out.  Well, for those whose primary goal in life is something other than 'get drunk and screw' that is. :whistling: 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kl is expensive for beer closely followed by penang,langkawi is a duty free island & cheap beer & smokes it's a bit quiet but I actually enjoy it after 22 years in thailand,no problems with immigration, I would go to langkawi 7 or 8 times a year even when I had multiple thai entry's, passport nigh on full with malaysia stamps & pp control just laugh & say you like it here

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

My only qualms about living in a Muslim country are the god-forsaken loudspeakers: pre-dawn and daytime especially.  And the way the women are covered up and restricted, in Malaysia there are some very nice full-figures under that cloth, and some women know how to play it suggestively, but don't try -- the local faithful could decide to group together and carry out god's will, and it will be much worse for the girl than your infidel self. 

Sigh....Probably the gayest town I've been to this side of San Francisco.  

Lol the prayers don't bother me, it's kinda like being in an old movie...

You didn't notice the non-muslim women who don't dress that way?!?

I worked outta SF for 25 years so I don't share your guy's homophobia lol, I'm as straight as it gets and can assure you there are plenty of straight beautiful open-minded women in SF.

3 hours ago, madmen said:

What you dont seem to realize is thats the majority. 

This should help Bin poopyface     https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/204/how-to-convert-to-islam-and-become-muslim/

have fun , make sure you keep us posted. Your already living in Malaysia right now right? Or like the other 1000 posters that threaten to leave....one day soon ????

The basic concept you still fail to grasp is a very simple one, if 60% of the population is Muslim, then 40% is NOT!

Does that make sense yet?

If you can see, then at a glance you can discern who is who.

Hint: the attire. 

40% is a lot of women to focus on.

While you focus on conversation and religious fear, I'll focus on the 40% ????

And yes I am presently in Malaysia, walking the talk brah

10 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Taxi service is terrible in KL. Impossible if rains. 

Why in the world would you bother with taxis when the mass transit system in KL is so cheap, fast, thorough and fantastic?

Grab is dirt cheap if you must have a private car  and makes taxis archaic anyways. 

Hard to imagine how so many posters go negative on anyone who is muslim based on the negative main stream media coverage that is essentially designed to get them to hate muslims and to scare and distract them from the real issues.

And like the poster says there is a large minority that are not muslim.

I got back last week from Penang (arguably the most “westernised” part of the country.) Food in Georgetown was great: yes, plenty of good Indian joints but also many cheap dim sum food halls.  It was noticeably more Muslim than my last visit some 20 years ago, with no bacon and sausage served at the E and O, even.

Beer is not as expensive as some have posted; on average I was paying in small bars etc around 120 baht - twice the cost in Phuket, but Georgetown is also very touristy, with at least one cruise ship per day in the season.

Yes the roads, pavements, transport etc are much better; dare I say (storm warning) due to its colonial past when such principles of urban development were laid down. Streets are clean (swept by the municipality) and many still named after bygone dignitaries such as Light, Farquhar, Raffles etc.

True, the place is short on whores and trannies - or at least they are not on public display - but maybe KL caters more in that line.

Whilst you are spared the the extremely irritating convolutions and gyrations of immigration formalities, Malaysia does have its own collection of sticks with which to beat retirees, not least the elevated entry level property purchase prices, and - yes - Islam does make life pretty difficult especially in the eastern states. 

Is is it worth considering a move there? Certainly a better option than Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, none of which provide even a yearly visa.

1 hour ago, Poopyface said:

Lol the prayers don't bother me, it's kinda like being in an old movie...

You didn't notice the non-muslim women who don't dress that way?!?

I worked outta SF for 25 years so I don't share your guy's homophobia lol, I'm as straight as it gets and can assure you there are plenty of straight beautiful open-minded women in SF.

The basic concept you still fail to grasp is a very simple one, if 60% of the population is Muslim, then 40% is NOT!

Does that make sense yet?

If you can see, then at a glance you can discern who is who.

Hint: the attire. 

40% is a lot of women to focus on.

While you focus on conversation and religious fear, I'll focus on the 40% ????

And yes I am presently in Malaysia, walking the talk brah

40% ??? Your in for a very rude shock!!

When you take out the married ones and those already in a relationship the 39% is probably more like 25 % ...Take out those below 20 year old and percentage drops again. Take into account available women closer to your age group and the percentage drops again !!!!! You are down to 10% of available women

You did zero research before you ran from Thailand ? 

I think your only relationship will be with mrs Palmer  ????

enjoy

Not everyone's entire aim in life is to bang prostitutes. I am not going to try and disagree with the statistics you have quoted here, but what percentage of the Thai population do you think are made up of the bar girls and freelancers you are chasing? I would suggest much less than the 10% that you cited above, it just appears to be a lot because they are all concentrated into certain areas, and you have a 100% success rate because they just want your money.

Couple that with the fact that the vast majority of Thai females who are not doing it commercially will not interact with or have relationships with foreigners other than for financial benefits, there is really little difference. Unless of course for those that choose to live their lives in a tourist bubble based around the bars and entertainment scene.

Personally I find women in general in Malaysia to be much more friendly and civil than most Thai's, regardless of their faith, but maybe that has something to do with the fact that my interactions with them are not based entirely upon their 'availability'?

Just ask yourself this. If you had no money, how many Thai women would you find available? How many would interact with you at any level? How many would be friendly towards you? And how many would even smile at you? Indeed I would say that would diminish the statistics to almost 0% 'availability'.

Who mentioned prostitutes? I'm on my second longterm relationship with a thai employed in an international company and earns double my pension.

Why would I leave that for a hooker? Why even bring that up.. Totally bizarre

Does anybody go to Malaysia for hookers? I find Malay women rather unattractive compared to thais

On 2/27/2019 at 4:24 PM, ThaiSauce said:

Vegetarian food is far cheaper and better in Malaysia I found, Indian food way cheaper, and everytime I dare to get a budget hotel it doesn't have a window, towel or blankets, all those are premium extras lol.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Vegetarian foods are mainly Indian and Chinese vegetarian dishes. Chinese vegetarian dishes are plenty in the towns and cities. Most housing garden has them. More so when it is the full moon day, twice monthly because many Chinese eat vegetarian meals during those two days.  

9 minutes ago, madmen said:

Who mentioned prostitutes? I'm on my second longterm relationship with a thai employed in an international company and earns double my pension.
Why would I leave that for a hooker? Why even bring that up.. Totally bizarre

Does anybody go to Malaysia for hookers? I find them rather unattractive compared to thais

Malaysian hookers are mainly imports from other asean countries as well as China ( a main supplier). Locals cannot compete with imports on looks. Locals do not have to prostitute if they are a looker. They get ‘Mia noi-ed’ or become a mistress or get legally married. 

On 2/27/2019 at 1:18 PM, Snow Leopard said:

Nightlife is a bit limited in Malaysia no?

Unless you want to invite a girl over from East Africa. She gets 1 month no questions asked. Flight with Ethiopian not expensive. Comes out cheaper than daily 2000 THB barfine + 3500-5000 THB for a Thai girl in Thailand. I'm talking about top-tier pussy.

I'd be more concerned with the restaurant food bill if entertaining anyone from Ethiopia!

Unless you want to invite a girl over from East Africa. She gets 1 month no questions asked. Flight with Ethiopian not expensive. Comes out cheaper than daily 2000 THB barfine + 3500-5000 THB for a Thai girl in Thailand. I'm talking about top-tier pussy.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you read back through your posts I think you will see it was yourself that has been fixated upon the availability of women, indeed quoting a number of statistics on the matter. Where as most others were discussing Malaysia in general.
Again your final short paragraph here is entirely about "hookers" and attractiveness of women.
Question what you like and quote what you like, the fact is that the vast majority of Thai women that interact with foreigners in Thailand do so because it is their chosen career. You could most likely apply that statement to Malaysia also, given the fact that a large proportion that sell personal services in and around Asia are infact Thai women.
What straight male would not enquire about the availability of farang friendly women BEFORE migrating to another country ESPECIALLY a Muslim one.

Why are you so hung up on hookers? You keep bringing it up.

Some of the things the OP mentions relate to the fact Malaysia was once a British colony, such as 'more English spoken'. We have to remember Thailand is one of the few countries in SE Asia that has never been colonised, and so we shouldn't expect Thailand to be as westernised. Personally I'd like Thailand to remain Thai. 

Re Malaysia, like others have said on here I find it relatively boring, and I could never live in a Muslim majority country due to the various restrictions and contradictions that religion has with the western way of life. 

I have spent some time in Malaysia and love it, love KL too. Of course, it's hard to get me away from Thailand and I love Bangkok too but KL is a lot more fun and competively priced than some people in this thread are portraying.

I am not a 'nightclub' kind of guy so not hitting clubs in BKK and paying those prices for beers, similarly not doing it in KL either, I am not sure the prices are too far away though.

I find beers a bit more expensive, compared to the jolly 'ol pubs of BKK rather than sitting by the street (which I love too). Bars in KL have so many offers depending on time of night. There's plenty of street food in Malaysia which isn't far from Thai prices. There's also the streetside food in Malaysia and drinking beer too.

You can get decent Thai streetfood, there are Thais there and Isaan food stalls.

There are hookers around if that's your thing, in the streets, online and the brothel situation in Brickfields, there are also Filipino women working there to meet outside of the 'nightlife' world and no problem meeting Malay Malaysians or Chinese Malay even.

I disagree about the transport a little bit, KL's transport spreads far, as does BKK, they haven't quite mastered the air con side of things, imo.

If I compare how and where I drink and eat in Malaysia to Thailand it's not a huge difference, of course I prefer Thailand but I like Malaysia a hell of a lot!

57 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Good plan. What could possibly go wrong? 

Bin Poopyface started out ok but has steadily grown angry as the thread develops. Clearly he came here seeking justification for his bad choice and hoping the bashers jump on board. Well even they are not so stupid as to make a serious comparison to Thailand.

I hope OP finds whatever he is looking for but its obviously not a partner. The odds are so slim its highly unlikely, Shame he didn't do his due diligence before leaving Thailand he could have saved a lot of heart ache

53 minutes ago, Razzler1973 said:

I have spent some time in Malaysia and love it, love KL too. Of course, it's hard to get me away from Thailand and I love Bangkok too but KL is a lot more fun and competively priced than some people in this thread are portraying.

I am not a 'nightclub' kind of guy so not hitting clubs in BKK and paying those prices for beers, similarly not doing it in KL either, I am not sure the prices are too far away though.

I find beers a bit more expensive, compared to the jolly 'ol pubs of BKK rather than sitting by the street (which I love too). Bars in KL have so many offers depending on time of night. There's plenty of street food in Malaysia which isn't far from Thai prices. There's also the streetside food in Malaysia and drinking beer too.

You can get decent Thai streetfood, there are Thais there and Isaan food stalls.

There are hookers around if that's your thing, in the streets, online and the brothel situation in Brickfields, there are also Filipino women working there to meet outside of the 'nightlife' world and no problem meeting Malay Malaysians or Chinese Malay even.

I disagree about the transport a little bit, KL's transport spreads far, as does BKK, they haven't quite mastered the air con side of things, imo.

If I compare how and where I drink and eat in Malaysia to Thailand it's not a huge difference, of course I prefer Thailand but I like Malaysia a hell of a lot!

I agree completely. I am Malaysian chinese living in KL so I do know my way in Malaysia. I also live about 10 days monthly for past 25 years in Bangkok so I also do know what I am talking about. Malaysia is ok to stay though like some people say, kinda boring . I am looking forward to stay long time in retirement soon in Thailand  because I love the sanuk and maipenrai culture of the Thais. Being a predominantly Buddhist country also figure into the decision. If only I can avoid entangling with the authorities.... thailand has my vote. 

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Prostitution isn't about paying people to 'like' you.

Exactly. Its nothing more than an ability to rid yourself of someone you pretended to like for 10 minutes.

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Its a bit early to be talking about sex

no, its never to early

Archived