THAI: Steward tells cops that captain hit him in the head on Chiang Mai flight

webfact

THAI: Steward tells cops that captain hit him in the head on Chiang Mai flight

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPGSaxkIVH3SDZia5VB2MzEYqdS8vz.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police in Chiang Mai have revealed that a Thai Airways steward filed a report with them saying he was assaulted by the captain on his flight. 

He said he did not want to pursue a criminal conviction at this stage. The report was made so that he could take it to airline chiefs for further action. 

Pol Lt-Col Thongchai Buangern of the Phuphing police said that Thanasak Prathakkhinang, 34, came to see him on February 18th to say that he suffered a head injury when captain Surasak Suwanwisat assaulted him 

The incident allegedly occurred on TG 110 from Suvarnabhumi airport to Chiang May on February 17th. The flight had taken off from Bangkok at 1.15 pm and reached Chiang Mai at 2.40 pm. 

After the plane taxied and as passengers were being disembarked he was assaulted at 2.50 pm, he said. No reason was given for the alleged attack. 

Nothing has happened in the case and Thai Rath did not quote anyone from the airline over the story. 

A senior policeman has said the police will only act if the complainant returns to press charges. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-01

Doesn't suprise me a bit and given how standards have cratered at Thai Airways, another symptom of deeper troubles.

You remember

'THE TRADE union of Thai Airways International (THAI) has attacked two pilots for demanding first-class seats from passengers in a standoff drama that delayed an October 11 Zurich-Bangkok flight by two hours even as airline executives vowed to reform the national carrier.'

Old ways die hard. Going to need to do more work before I will consider taking them again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, digbeth said:

other sources reported the pilot became angry after the attendant didn't pop in to ask if they want any food, the attendant's defence was that they were busy serving customers/passengers and it was only a short flight..

BKK to CNX is about an hour and a half at worst, what's the pilot gonna do? starve on the flight, I can hold my pee in longer than that

As long as you don't get meat and pees on the same plate - not hygienic.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 300sd said:

At least they weren't fighting in the cockpit during flight. I wouldn't fly with them any way.

If that didn't happen yet, it will happen some day, hopefully not during landings or take offs.

Many years ago, when I was completing my initial pilot training on a tandem seated jet trainer, my instructor had a little wooden spoon that he wrapped across your knuckles if you got things wrong. Not the right technique,  but it seemed to work.  We students were all terrified of him, and yet, it was a very small spoon.  

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Didn't get the 5 whiskeys he ordered during preflight.

Very fool hardy of the captain, it's a bit like peeing off the chef... could have dire consequences in the future.

Hope he doesn't order anything with mayonnaise in the next few weeks !

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Vacuum said:

What's up with the rag dolls on the left?

Why use pen and paper wen he seem to have both a keyboard and a computer available - lack of training ...?...