Occupation on British Affirmation to get married in Thailand

elcaro

I'm planning on heading down to Bangkok soon to get married. 

When in the UK I work as a Systems Engineer and do a lot of freelance IT projects on the side. 

Whenever I'm in Thailand I do not work, although after getting married I will probably join in my wife's company as an IT consultant.

On the British affirmation it seems that they are asking what you are working as currently.

Occupation MAGICIAN and I have an income of £999 per month

Can I just write down what my most recent job/income was? I'd rather not have it say unemployed and 0 although technically that is what it is right now.

Also I live up in the North and my fiance is quite pregnant, so preferably would just go up and down for one day.

Can I go down get the affirmation done in the one day at the embassy and then later get it translated and legalised in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai?

Or do I have to stay for days in BKK?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

I'm planning on heading down to Bangkok soon to get married. 

When in the UK I work as a Systems Engineer and do a lot of freelance IT projects on the side. 

Whenever I'm in Thailand I do not work, although after getting married I will probably join in my wife's company as an IT consultant.

On the British affirmation it seems that they are asking what you are working as currently.

Occupation MAGICIAN and I have an income of £999 per month

Can I just write down what my most recent job/income was? I'd rather not have it say unemployed and 0 although technically that is what it is right now.

Also I live up in the North and my fiance is quite pregnant, so preferably would just go up and down for one day.

Can I go down get the affirmation done in the one day at the embassy and then later get it translated and legalised in Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai?

Or do I have to stay for days in BKK?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

You can declare your job as whatever you want, and salary.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Once you have the affirmation from the Embassy, you can give it to a translation company to translate. They will get the translation legalised at the MFA and then post everything to you EMS.

Or you can run around town and do it yourself.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, roo860 said:

just write down what my most recent job/income was

Thats what I would do.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, roo860 said:

I'd rather not have it say unemployed and 0 although technically that is what it is right now.

When I done mine I was employed as a "Memorial operative" (installing gravestones)  the translation company had a hard time translating that...so I ended up being a "Sign Writer" !!! ????

Thanks for all your input.

I will fly down and put my most recent job and income. Fly back and get it translated here, then let them take care of the legalisation and swnd it back to me.

Thanks again ????

20 hours ago, johng said:

Thats what I would do.

When I done mine I was employed as a "Memorial operative" (installing gravestones)  the translation company had a hard time translating that...so I ended up being a "Sign Writer" !!! ????

Plenty of work for sign writers here haha, or at least proofreading ????

Archived