New rules

The volunteers at Phuket Immigration have their own website and are reporting that in 2020 some retirement extension applicants will randomly receive a 90-day under consideration stamp.  

After your 2019 application a minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 3 months and a minimum of 400.000 Baht for the remainder of the year until your next application date in 2020. (in conjunction with the 800.000 Baht for 2 months before the application date)
This new requirement will be checked at your next extension application starting from 2020.
(Therefore make sure that your bank book is updated on a regular basis)
In a random selection process it is possible that applicants will receive a 90 days under consideration stamp and have to return to the immigration department after 90 days with new bank statements to proof that the 800.000 Baht is still in your account after which the remaining months will be granted.

http://piv-phuket.com/changes-regarding-retirement-extension-application/

The volunteers at Phuket Immigration have their own website and are reporting that in 2020 some retirement extension applicants will randomly receive a 90-day under consideration stamp.  

After your 2019 application a minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 3 months and a minimum of 400.000 Baht for the remainder of the year until your next application date in 2020. (in conjunction with the 800.000 Baht for 2 months before the application date)
This new requirement will be checked at your next extension application starting from 2020.
(Therefore make sure that your bank book is updated on a regular basis)
In a random selection process it is possible that applicants will receive a 90 days under consideration stamp and have to return to the immigration department after 90 days with new bank statements to proof that the 800.000 Baht is still in your account after which the remaining months will be granted.

http://piv-phuket.com/changes-regarding-retirement-extension-application/
If like me the 800k has never been touched there is nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SEtonal said:

The volunteers at Phuket Immigration have their own website and are reporting that in 2020 some retirement extension applicants will randomly receive a 90-day under consideration stamp

Even those perhaps planning not to be in the country at the time the 90 days is up? 

22 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

re-entry permit.

A re-entry permit based on an Extension that has not been granted yet! Or perhaps based on a 90 day 'under consideration' period obligating a person to return to Thailand or forfeit the further 9 months. This is full of holes.

Edited by jacko45k

I am going next month to renew extension but it will be annoying if I am asked to come back again 90 days but I have no plans to leave the country this year, I am also hoping to come off the 800k to monthly deposits when I can actually make sense of the combi requirements at Phuket.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:03 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Good they corrected the 21 October 1998 part, funny it never made the media

The "2008" made a short round at least in a German forum.

Even a guy I am in contact with (arriving in early 2008) was dreaming of 200k until I had to bring the bad message about 1998.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 3/4/2019 at 11:03 AM, potless said:

So what happens if you are chosen for the 90 days under consideration scheme and you are not in the country? 

Just a theory, i don't know if this would work:

The current 30 day stamps is actually not limited to 30 days, but just says "report back in 30 days", the 90 days stamp will probably be the same.

I would expect that if you get a re entry permit with this stamp and come back a few months later the IO at the border can just check their computer, see if the extension was granted and if it was, then he can let you back in on this stamp and tell you to get your extension in an immgration office. In case the extension was denied he could either deny you entry or let you in on a visa exempt.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Just a theory, i don't know if this would work:

The current 30 day stamps is actually not limited to 30 days, but just says "report back in 30 days", the 90 days stamp will probably be the same.

That can’t happen under current rules. Under the current rules 30 days — after an existing stay expires — is the maximum an office can put an application under consideration.

If this becomes a thing I would imagine they will grant 90 days (they can give any stay up to 1 year), then give the remaining 9 months after they’ve seen the bank book.

The alternative could be to grant 12 months, and cancel the permit after 90 days if the minimum balance wasn’t maintained.